PDA

View Full Version : Brother Derek

Tom
02-03-2007, 07:52 PM
:sleeping:
Another loss.

Just what was it about this horse that made us all talk about him so much anyways?

Dollar Bill II? :lol:

classhandicapper
02-03-2007, 08:19 PM
He's looking more and more like a horse that needs an easy trip and the lead into the stretch to beat quality horses. I didn't like him much today, but I thought he was a little better than he has been showing since the BC. He hasn't moved forward since the spring of his 3YO campaign.

mudnturf
02-03-2007, 10:08 PM
He's looking more and more like a horse that needs an easy trip and the lead into the stretch to beat quality horses. I didn't like him much today, but I thought he was a little better than he has been showing since the BC. He hasn't moved forward since the spring of his 3YO campaign.

It wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to be a top class sprinter by year's end. If he were mine I'd point him in that direction.

Zaf
02-03-2007, 10:20 PM
A nice Cal Bred Sprint.

Z

DJofSD
02-03-2007, 11:18 PM
A nice Cal Bred Sprint.

At Fresno or Santa Rosa.

Tom
02-03-2007, 11:20 PM
or Feenger Lakes!;)

xciceroguy
02-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Next stop Pomona Fairplex.........

Robert Fischer
02-04-2007, 12:33 PM
He has made handicappers some money in the last few. One of the main reasons I miss using my ehorseX exchange account:D is laying vs. Brother Derek. A triple-crown fan favorite who just doesn't fit well in the high class races. Welcome to Underlay City , enjoy your stay while it lasts, play the trifectas...

Note that Brother Derek has been improving in the last two races.
-The Strub was just so right for Arson Squad. AS had been finishing his races and improving with distance added. and all the main competition in the Strub faced distance limitations (midnight lute- should flatten out, awesome gem 9f on dirt??? , Bro Derek- 9f?? form??, Spring at last 9F?? 2-turn??).

Brother Derek was actually pretty solid in the Strub.
Solid isn't a Grade-1 winner by any means (it shouldn't be).

FoxTrot
02-04-2007, 12:38 PM
One of the main reasons I miss using my ehorseX exchange account is laying vs. Brother Derek.
They're still at it you know
https://www.ehorsex.com/

Robert Fischer
02-04-2007, 01:10 PM
They're still at it you know
https://www.ehorsex.com/

right. I like their product. There was a lot of consecutive bad news with Pinnacle and then Netteller, I opted to play it safe for a while.
Good to hear about the wto case with Antigua...