PDA

View Full Version : Invasor

Tom
02-03-2007, 05:27 PM
How good is Invasor?

He is the best! :jump:

Nice recovery after pulling up late - the guy has heart.

Ron
02-03-2007, 05:28 PM
My god, I thought he was done. I boxed the 3,4,6,7 in an exacta for fun.

PlanB
02-03-2007, 05:29 PM
YEAH. And I'm glad he showed how great he is. He's the champ.

Ron
02-03-2007, 05:30 PM
YEAH. And I'm glad he showed how great he is. He's the champ.

I wouldn't want him to lose against those bums.

FoxTrot
02-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Where did Jara think he was going to go with that much horse boxed in?

Stevie Belmont
02-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Tremendous Performance......

PlanB
02-03-2007, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't want him to lose against those bums.

Defintely true.

OTM Al
02-03-2007, 05:37 PM
HE EEEESSS DE BEST!!!!!

Okay, that looks even worse than Kenny Mayne saying it....Not the best competiton, but he made them look bad. Better be one heck of a good 3yo out there or Discreet Cat better step up his distances. Otherwise this guy could be looking at back-to-back BC titles.

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2007, 06:43 PM
If you owned that horse and Jara put your baby in that big a predicament, against a field of that quality (ie. your horse is a STICKOUT), how would you be feeling at the end of the race about your jockey?

ponypro
02-03-2007, 06:53 PM
I couldnt agree more. I heard all the comentators after the race say what a "brilliant ride" . I thought it was awful to put a horse of that caliber in a spot like that. Hes lucky he didnt get him hurt when he momentarily stumbled. He would NEVER ride again for me if I owned the horse.

rrbauer
02-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh, yes. The jocks get fried over the bad trips and the horse gets accolades over the good trip. If it was life-and-death at the finish MAYBE you can criticize Jara....as such, fahgetaboutit. The horse is a monster!

Suff
02-03-2007, 07:13 PM
watch the replay. He had no idea what he was doing. He went along for the ride.

Watch the replay. He whipped him left handed, and maybe out of habit switched to the right hand and suddenly realized he didnt need a whip. Tucked it away.

He could of dropped the whip, wouldn't have mattered. Between the BC and the DONN , what Invasor has done inside the 1/6th pole is unbelievable.
Bernardini is an unbelievable world class Race Horse.

FoxTrot
02-03-2007, 07:14 PM
If it was life-and-death at the finish MAYBE you can criticize Jara....as such, fahgetaboutit.
You don't think he was totally nuts for "trying" to go up the rail and having to check Invasor so hard that it may have jeoparidized the race let alone his safety?

JustRalph
02-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Jara got a lesson from whomever was on the 4 horse. He saw him trapped inside and moved up to keep him there. It was pointed out on HRTV.

Jara was lucky he had enough to get it done anyway...............one hell of a horse to have to learn a lesson like that on.............

If I was the owner I would be having a serious talk with the trainer about who rides next time.

Stevie Belmont
02-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Jara is not losing the mount.

classhandicapper
02-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Great performance! Very classy horse. I would not be shocked if we still haven't seen his best.

Stupid ride when you have tons the best horse.

Pace Cap'n
02-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Is this the first time anyone ever saw the favorite have to check up on the rail?

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Is this the first time anyone ever saw the favorite have to check up on the rail?

Yes.

46zilzal
02-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Come on. If you've seen enough races, you've seen it all before.

dylbert
02-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Awesome performance today -- once he hooked em in the lane, he looked like he was running in an entirely separate race. If other horses were in 5th gear, Invasor must have 6th, 7th or 8th gear.

Sometimes super horse can overcome jockey's poor decision-making, Invasor did that brilliantly today. I doubt if Jara will lose mount -- but I am sure some strong words were directed his way after race.

And how 'bout Pick 4 -- three outstanding chalk horses and over-the-moon longshot yields over $400. Ain't horse racing great!

JustRalph
02-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Stupid ride when you have tons the best horse.

and there are too many really good riders out there who would have never taken that horse to the rail on the backstretch. He could have run ten wide and still beaten them easy

boomman
02-04-2007, 12:32 AM
:ThmbDown: Boxed
I couldnt agree more. I heard all the comentators after the race say what a "brilliant ride" . I thought it was awful to put a horse of that caliber in a spot like that. Hes lucky he didnt get him hurt when he momentarily stumbled. He would NEVER ride again for me if I owned the horse.

I was watching the race on the computer, so I am not aware of what announcers could have possibly called that a good ride, but if they really did, they either have never seen a horse race before or they're using some really good drugs! That was one of the worst rides ever! PERIOD! He got a horse who was a mile the best in a short field (and he certainly proved it after where Jara put him) trapped on the rail with no where to go. If you didn't know better you would swear that was a 10 lb bug on that horse with the kind of rookie move he made. Thumbs way up to Invasor, and they should have made Jara get out of the win picture, as he had absolutely nothing to do with the horse winning other than the fact that he didn't fall off!!:ThmbDown: BOOM

Steve 'StatMan'
02-04-2007, 12:40 AM
I think others posted about the inside being good at GP today, although the prices were generally not as consistenly big as in recent days - except for one race: In the 10th race, (after Invasor won the 9th), the winner #8 Hal's My Hope paid $218.80. He got to the 3 path for the first turn, appeared to be in the 2 path down the backstretch, around the turn, and most of the stretch to hold on to the win. Seemed like Invasor got a similar inside trip, mostly at or near the rail to 2 path - at least from the pan shots.

I do believe Invasor is a very impressive, fast, game, strong horse. But esp. in light of the last race, the inside was likely a great place to get the best overall performance, but traffic-wise, yes, it was tough. The leader did seem to open up the rail in the stretch, and Invasor and his rider made good use of it, not seeming to lose anything like lesser horses do when making a rail move - or sometimes refusing to go through the rail on the lower circuits.

So I don't know that Jara necessarily did anything wrong, but the way the traffic unfolded, they did make us hold our collective breaths for longer than I expected. If the track was favoring the inside, it could have been a bit tougher for Invasor to make the wide closing move, or if he'd tried getting out and had more trouble and then was outside, would he have been able to make as great a move as he did on the rail today? I can't say for sure. I must admit I haven't done a lot of path/trip analysis, do perhaps I'm off a bit. Definitely had the best horse today!

ponypro
02-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Only Calvin Boraaaaaail has a license to pull that rail skimming stunt and even he would have swung out knowing what a monster he was on. Jara gave one of the worst rides in recent memory. He should come down. If he doesnt Ill bet large money you will never see him near the rail again on this horse