PDA

View Full Version : Intro

MV McKee
10-30-2002, 03:19 PM
Just wanted to take a moment and post a brief message to this
forum introducing myself. A friend suggested I visit this site,
mentioning that it was one of the few he had found that offered
consistently intelligent, thought-provoking discussion about handicapping. In my perusal of the forums over the past couple of weeks I have found the discussions to be just as described, and have even seen a name or two that I recognize from past conversations.
A bit about myself and my handicapping approach....I use my own "homegrown" application, which incorporates Access, SQLServer, Excel, Crystal Reports and Monarch. My PP data is derived from the delimited output from either ITS or DRF (depending on the circuit), and I get my chart data directly from the Equibase HTML charts posted daily (or if I am adding a new circuit, from the Charts Plus Archive). The output does not take the form of selections, rather it merely manipulates the data into the various ratings and factors I use, and formats them into a display that I use.
I have seen some very innovative thinking within the posts I have read in these forums, and hope I can return the favor by sharing some of the logic I have incorporated into my application. I don't have anyting to sell, but have always found it usefull to discuss some of my findings with other handicappers and get their feedback.
Additionally, I have noted that within a number of postings people have mentioned that they were a bit uncertain about their method of analysis (statistics). I hope, that on ocassion I can contribute something of worth in this area. My education (ISQA) and "real world" work background are in the area of decision support and statistical analysis, and the tools within this discipline form the basis for most of the logic within my program. If you have any questions in this area, please, ask away.

Dave Schwartz
10-30-2002, 03:29 PM
MV,

Welcome!

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

superfecta
10-30-2002, 11:57 PM
Welcome... spread the word about this place.I've found it is a rare site that doesn't get bogged down with insults and flame wars.PA does a selfless job here.
I can tell you are a legit handicapper so what you see here may be old hat,but it doesn't hurt to talk shop,sometimes you pick up nuggets and don't realize it till after you cash the ticket.

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2002, 01:17 AM
Welcome aboard MVM!