PDA

View Full Version : The OJ Mayo Incident

Bubbles
02-01-2007, 07:02 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NyQxPf3JKWM

Watch the video, and make your own conclusions. Did the ref take a dive, or did Mayo literally run him over?

I, personally, find it very hard to believe the latter. He may have said something to get T'd up the first time, but I don't think he moved his lips at all, and they T'd him up again. Then comes the fall, which makes me think the ref should have tried for a career in the WWE. Very well-acted.

chickenhead
02-01-2007, 08:47 PM
have no background on this, but looks like he didn;t do anything to deserve the second T, and there is no doubt the Ref faked that fall. Based on how the ref was watching him after the first T (for no good reason), I would say the ref had it out for him.

Official Ruling: Ref is a player hater.

skate
02-02-2007, 05:11 PM
well, i think the issue is a little out of focus, since we could not see what took place when the guy falls.

did the player swipe his feet and throw the ref off balence?

that was a pretty hard fall and for what purpose.

some times i think this sort is all staged, reminded me of the globe trotters.

kingfin66
02-02-2007, 08:06 PM
The biggest issue I see is that the officials spent their collective time watching the players rather than physically separating them and keeping order. They should have immediately sent all players to their respective benches and then laid it on the line to the coaches and players that no more B.S. would be tolerated. I can see where the first T got called but the second one never should have happened. As far as the ref hitting the deck, it's hard to say. It looks dramatic, but like skate said, you can't see their legs.

kingfin66
02-02-2007, 08:13 PM
By the way, that was an impressive dunk. It looked like a high school game. Wow.

Shacopate
02-03-2007, 02:06 AM
OJ Mayo and his unbeaten, #1 ranked team in the nation LOST tonight 72-68 to Scott County here in Lexington.

OJ played and had 26, not enough.

dav4463
02-04-2007, 11:34 PM
The referee did not take a dive. His feet got tangled up when he as bumped by the player according to the basketball officials forum. The referee is a well-respected college official who was working the high school game that night. OJ definitely deserved to be tossed. High school kids are not allowed any trash talking of any kind. I doubt that a college official who has put in all the hours and hard work to get to that level would take a dive in order to toss a player. He just got off-balance and had no alternative but to toss the kid.

rastajenk
02-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Sounds like he was out of the game with a second T before the ref's fall occurred, so there's no cause-and-effect that I can see.

BIG RED
02-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Un-biased eyes, can't come to a conclusion. Can not see his lower half. He jerks before he falls like you would when you slip. Also, looking again, I can't see the player actually touching him.

Shacopate
02-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I don't think OJ should've been ejected from that game, based on what I have (barely) seen.

This isn't the first the time that he has had an anger management issue.

I'm glad that the court allowed him to play against Scott County friday night. And I'm glad that he got his ass whipped. No excuses, my friend.

You played and you lost...

And by the way, the best player on your team is Patrick Patterson.

Bubbles
02-07-2007, 09:13 AM
I heard there's going to be some sort of hearing February 9th. Hopefully we'll hear more when it happens.

rastajenk
02-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Is the contention here that he got tossed because the ref went down? Watch it again. He gets one technical after the dunk, then another for, I guess, talking some trash at midcourt. Two T's and you're out. A voice even says, "He's out of the game." Then the ref goes down. I can't say whether he deserved either of the technicals he got, but I think I can say the ref going down is immaterial to either.

Bubbles
02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
The issue isn't whether the ref bump caused ejection. With two techs, he was out already. The issue is whether or not he was unjustly T'd up (judging by the video, I think the second one was bogus), and whether the ref decided to fake the fall as icing on the cake.

Shacopate
02-11-2007, 02:04 AM
OJ got a 3 game suspension for his actions and will not be allowed to play at home in the rematch against Scott County (KY) on thursday night.

It's two in the morning, and my guess is that the HH coach is still awake and
drawing up plays for Patrick Patterson.