PDA

View Full Version : I Want One!

Snag
02-01-2007, 11:58 AM
I guess this is why Speaker P wants the military to be pulled out of Iraq. The offical use of our Air Force is getting in the way of her comfort.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20070201-122225-1157r.htm

Tom
02-01-2007, 07:38 PM
When will this cuilture of corruption end?
This fiscal irresponsibility has got to stop!
Our grandchildren will be paying the tab for Pelosi's perks!

chickenhead
02-01-2007, 08:38 PM
clearly makes sense for Pelosi to fly on military planes...but if she's not on the plane, I don't think so.

that is my official ruling.

Suff
02-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Skates right, people only read 5 paragraphs

A defense source said the speaker's regular access to a military plane began in 2001 with. Rep. J. Dennis Hastert, Illinois Republican, who was speaker at the time, started using U.S. Air Force planes for domestic travel to and from his district for security reasons.

The defense source said Mr. Hastert requested a plane with good communications so he could conduct legislative business. The military flights increased to the point the speaker used a military plane for many, if not all, flights to his Illinois district, the former aide said.

chickenhead
02-01-2007, 09:14 PM
suff, ahem,

The sources, who include those in Congress and in the administration, said the Democrat is seeking regular military flights not only for herself and her staff, but also for relatives and for other members of the California delegation.

so long as she is on da plane doing business, fine. Friends and family, no.

Snag
02-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Skates right, people only read 5 paragraphs

Two, three, or more wrongs still does not make it right.

Suff
02-01-2007, 09:38 PM
suff, ahem,

so long as she is on da plane doing business, fine. Friends and family, no.

uhm,, Chicken... That's the washington times... Owned by Reverend Sung Yung Moon......

The claim is unsourced and she very well was proabably following security procedures by listing anyone who may accompany her....

Which I would imagine would be her Husband..and perhaps other family.

Link to the request, or quote someone on record, something!!!

Suff
02-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Two, three, or more wrongs still does not make it right.

Then stop using Bill Clintons gaff's to explain away Bush's.

chickenhead
02-01-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't care what the facts are, my ruling stands!

What you bring up...is immaterial.

Suff
02-01-2007, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE] I don't care what the facts are, my ruling stands!

Facts? I point out to you that there are no facts! I'll donate 5 dollars a fact for everyone you produce about Pelosi's request for Family to use the plane.

Any fact. I'll scan and post the canceled check to the charity of your choice.

What you bring up...is immaterial.

I bring up that there are no facts. Post a Fact (s).

One Abraham Lincoln to the Charity of your coice for every one...

chickenhead
02-01-2007, 10:18 PM
My ruling didn't involve guilt or innocence of Pelosi...I ruled only on the proper use of planes by people in her position.

Until the facts are available, that is all there is to discuss. But, since I've been kind enough to let you know my thoughts in advance...when the facts do come out, you'll already know where I stand. :lol:

I cannot say the same for any of you...

dylbert
02-01-2007, 10:36 PM
My ruling didn't involve guilt or innocence of Pelosi...I ruled only on the proper use of planes by people in her position.

Until the facts are available, that is all there is to discuss. But, since I've been kind enough to let you know my thoughts in advance...when the facts do come out, you'll already know where I stand. :lol:

I cannot say the same for any of you...Chickenhead is channeling Hunter S. Thompson! Gonzo journalism lives on PA Board!

Let Pelosi ride on plane with her staff -- but no "Friends & Family Fly Free" plan. Although I think should fly space available on transport from Andrews AFB to Travis AFB. That is no First Class upgrade...

Anyway wouldn't it be cheaper to fly her on NetJets?

Tom
02-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Can't she use her BROOM?

Snag
02-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Here is the latest and greatest. Sounds to me like Speaker P is letting others do her talking for her. First the Sargent at Arms and now Mertha.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20070207-123706-5963r.htm

We all know she will get what ever she wants.

boxcar
02-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Here is the latest and greatest. Sounds to me like Speaker P is letting others do her talking for her. First the Sargent at Arms and now Mertha.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20070207-123706-5963r.htm

We all know she will get what ever she wants.

Most Limousine Liberals do.

Boxcar

boxcar
02-07-2007, 12:18 PM
And while on the subject of Limo Libs and that ever-widening gap -- that oft talked about disparity -- between the Haves and Have Nots, take a look at the new, still-under-construction, digs of the "Two Americas" guy. (We all remember John Edwards, right?) You just gotta love the hyporcrisy of these Libs.

Boxcar

http://www.johnlocke.org/site-docs/images/edwardshouse-low.jpg

Secretariat
02-07-2007, 04:52 PM
This thread mirrors issues in another, but I'll post this and be done with it then. This is a good site for information the media doesn't cover.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/07

Here are Dobbs’ claims along with the facts:

1) Dobbs: Pelosi “wants the U.S. Air Force for personal accommodation.”

FACT: Pelosi’s use of a military aircraft is about security, not “personal accomodation.” It was House Sergeant at Arms Wilson Livingood who initiated inquiries into the aircraft. “I advised Speaker Pelosi that the US Air Force had made an airplane available to Speaker Hastert” following 9/11, Livingood wrote, and “I offered to call the U.S. Air Force and Department of Defense to seek clarification of the guidelines [which governed Speaker Hastert’s use of a plane].”

2) Dobbs: Pelosi will use the plane “whenever she sees fit.”

FACT: Pelosi’s office has already said she “will not use the plane for political travel.”

3) Dobbs: Pelosi could fly to her district non-stop “in the plane that Hastert was using.”

FACT: Both the Washington Post and Roll Call have reported that the plane used by Speaker Hastert was too small for Pelosi since it “needs to refuel every 2,000 miles and could not make the nonstop haul to California. ‘The Air Force determined that [Pelosi’s] safety would be best ensured by using a plane that has the fuel capacity to go coast-to-coast,’” a Pelosi spokesperson said.

4) Dobbs: Pelosi “wants a plane that accommodates 42 people, private stateroom. … She could take a circus with her.”

FACT: Pelosi’s office says “it is up to the Air Force to decide what type and size of plane will be required,” and that “she has never asked for a plane or space on a plane to accommodate ’supporters.’”

Email Lou Dobbs and tell him to correct the record.

Snag
02-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Sec, some how I doubt you won't have anything further to say about this story. But I digress.......

I find it strange that everyone is talking for Speaker P. Do you think everyone would be "requesting" all these things without having some type of discussion with her first? Her "silence" speaks volumns.

Tom
02-07-2007, 10:48 PM
take a look at the new, still-under-construction, digs of the "Two Americas" guy. (We all remember John Edwards, right?)

Edwards can barely see the "other" America from his balcony. :D

JustRalph
02-08-2007, 07:31 AM
I didnt' know Hastert got this perk. I don't approve of either one getting it. Do you guys know how much this shit is going to cost?

Secretariat
02-08-2007, 07:04 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/08/hastert-flight/

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/index.html

Tom
02-08-2007, 10:05 PM
I didnt' know Hastert got this perk. I don't approve of either one getting it. Do you guys know how much this shit is going to cost?

Hasert flew a much smaller jet.
Still, no excuse.
I have some poop on the Pelosi Party Plane.
Better pop a beer before you read it......

Nancy's upgrade is Boeing Business Jet Equivalent of a 757 (sheik's use these. Waren Buffet - occasionlly) Seat 111 people. Hasert's only 12.

Cost to fly - ONE WAY - CALIF to DC - $500,000! Maybe u to $600,000.

Additoinally, it spews out 10,000 pounds of CO2 per hour MORE than the Gulfstream.5.
This is her way of combating global warming?????

Nancy says it is not about size (yuk yuk), but about security.
Security???? When refueling, she would land inside a secure compound - an AIRPORT!

So she is concerned about the security at public airports, but what about the millions who fly everyday????

And besides, she would be landing at AIR FORCE BASES to refuel...are they not safe enough for Nancy?

For the record, Denny Hassert flew a Gulfstream 5 - this was way over kill and unacceptable, too. It just did not come up. Why was that?

Now, our old friend Mutha is accusing the pentagon of leaking this info to embarres Pelosi. In fact, he has even threatened their budget for doing so. He has put vengence ahead of national security.

Secretariat
02-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Let it go Tom. So she's got a bigger one than Hastert.

As even Tony Snow said:

"Earlier Thursday, White House Press Secretary Tony Snow defended Pelosi, telling reporters, "This is a silly story, and I think it's been unfair to the Speaker."

Suggest you read the link I posted. Here's two paragraphs.

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The House Sergeant at Arms said Thursday he was the one who requested a larger military aircraft to transport House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to her San Francisco district non-stop, not the California Democrat herself as some GOP critics have alleged.

"The fact that Speaker Pelosi lives in California compelled me to request an aircraft that is capable of making non-stop flights for security purposes, unless such an aircraft is unavailable. This will ensure communications capabilities and also enhance security," House Sergeant at Arms Bill Livingood said in a statement. "I made the recommendation to use military aircraft based upon the need to provide necessary levels of security for ranking national leaders, such as the Speaker."

"I regret that an issue that is exclusively considered and decided in a security context has evolved into a political issue," Livingood added.

This kind of swiftboating on something ridiculous like this is absurd, and for one of the rare times I agree with Tony Snow. No Democrat or Republican made an issue out of this when Hastert flew and rightly so. The Speaker (whether Hastert or Pelosi) is the third in line for the Presidency.

Let it go. I mean there are billions and billlions of money unaccounted for in Iraq if you want to get outraged about lost taxpayer money.

Tom
02-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Sec,
I thought we werre going to end the culture of corruption?
Why is crap like this small potatos when it is dems and when it is repubs, it is majore corruption.
Half a million for a one wy flight?
Don't cry to me about min wage then - obviously, we have more than enough money to burn. don't cry to me about GW - she is adding to it.

Here's the deal Sec, you want to talk the talk, but when it comes time to walk the walk, you guys have no feet.

Did it occurr to you that this is a symptom of what kind of small, perk loving bitch Pelosi really is?
Should HER attention be on other things rather HER personal comfort.

Funny, two days ago, YOU were whinning like a baby about Chenney contributing millions of dollars becasue he got a tax break and he didn't donate to your favorite charity.

Talk about small stuff. What a hippocrit you are.

Chenny donates millions, Pelosi is about to COST us millions, and one is nothing, the other the end of the world.

What a hippocrit.

Secretariat
02-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Sec,
I thought we werre going to end the culture of corruption?
Why is crap like this small potatos when it is dems and when it is repubs, it is majore corruption.

First off Pelosi did not initiate this, the Sargeant of Arms did.

Second, we're not talkign Dems or Repubs. Hastert did the same thing. No one was calling for a corruption investigation for him using it. Still not. THe Hastert corruption issue was about hindering the investigation of the Foley Page scandal. It had nothing to do with something every GOP member, every Dem member, and the Executive and Sargeant of Arms recognized as a security issue for the third person in line for the Presidency.

I'll say it again, if you want to look at major corruption, look to what happened to the billions and billions of taxpayer money now unaccountable in Iraq from the Defense budget.

Tom
02-08-2007, 10:44 PM
So the standard it "they did it first?"

Hippocrit.

Hasert used a much smaller plane - why can't the bitch?
I
I'll tell you why - because Chenny has a penis and she needs a big jet to compensate. Time to drop this first woman speaker thing and get to work.

lsbets
02-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Pelosi is the speaker of the house. By virtue of the position she holds and the times we live in, she requires extra security protection. Its probably better not only for her, but for everyone who might be on a commercial flight with her, that she fly on military aircraft. And again, she is the speaker of the house, next after the VP in order of succession, if something were to happen to her, it would be bad for America, not just for Democrats. There are plently of things to criticize her and her party for, but I find it disheatening that conservatives appear to be (based on this non-issue) unable to rise above the pettiness and childishness that characterizes the left when it comes to Bush.

Tom
02-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Sorry, ls, but her demands do not justify her so called need protection.
No one is suggesting she fly United. But why not the same jet Hasert used?
She will be refueling on her way across the country - bug deal. She will be either at an airport- a secure compoind, or a military base.
There is no justification for her wanting the huge, costly jet she says she needs.

You might think it petty, but I don't. I don't care if a dem or repub wants to waste my tax dollars - they can both got of HELL.

She is the speaker of the house, not the queen.
And she ran on a promise of fiscal responsibility and cleaning up corruption.
I hold her to that. Isn't one of her big whines aboutlack of oversight? How about oversight for her outlandish spending?

I do not think anyone in government is worth a half a million dollars to go home for the weekend.

You will remember, I bitched about Bush using A1 to waste my money while he campaigned, too.

We need to reel this government in - it thinks it is better than we the people. It is not.

We have people choosing between meals and prescriptions, and this bitch wants us to pay a half a million dollars so she can go home for the weekend?

Not bloody likely.

skate
02-09-2007, 05:25 PM
here it is ladies, the Secism of aallll times.
hey, i laughed and laughed at toms postings, but this here Sec fellow. well he had me put a scare into my neighbors dog with his statement.

#1 Secism as follows;

"This thread mirrors issues in another, but I'll post this and be done with it then."

yeh, he says "THEN", so i gots to ask, are we in for trouble.

has the Sec ever posted and done?

ok, let me read the rest.

skate
02-09-2007, 05:37 PM
two points on the plane

she doesn't want to land in the red (states) for security reasons.

i could not care about her plane, but the fact that she screams about all the polution and then she wants to waste all that good co2, what the hell.

" hypolosi" instead of 'US Air', on the side of the plane would satisfy skate.
or just hypocrisy.