PDA

View Full Version : Handicapping in Reverse

bigmack
01-31-2007, 04:30 PM
I posted something about this a while back though I don't think most understood what I was referring to with the exception of those that pm'd me and inquired.

If you pay attention to certain tracks and you have the ability to sort your selections by ratings, take a peek at who you believe is the least likely to win. We've been doing this for a while at select tracks & the roi is a laughable +3.27. I won't even go into state breds, mdn's or race selection to increase the roi. 3.27 is just $100 on the biggest bum in every race @ certain tracks.

It's a side wager we throw in as a lark. I don't mean to advocate it to everyone. Don't bother pimping me about its foolishness, I just thought I'd share a slice of ridiculousness in a game where so many struggle to find positive results. The irony? - They're sometimes found in the negatives
:jump:

maxwell
01-31-2007, 04:41 PM
This reminds me of those old horror movies that were so bad they became classics. :cool:

BillW
01-31-2007, 04:46 PM
I seem to remember Beyer talking about doing this when he had hit a really long skid. He said it helped him gain his confidence back.

Murph
01-31-2007, 05:02 PM
It's a side wager we throw in as a lark. I don't mean to advocate it to everyone. Don't bother pimping me about its foolishness, I just thought I'd share a slice of ridiculousness in a game where so many struggle to find positive results. The irony? - They're sometimes found in the negativesWho is we? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Red Knave
01-31-2007, 05:42 PM
Do you require any upper/lower limit on odds?
I've tested this with my software and horses that look bad AND are over, say, 25-1 can be profitable.
The ones that have something to recommend them but are still over 25-1 are not profitable.

bigmack
01-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Do you require any upper/lower limit on odds?

20+. It's the track selection that creates the base of the soup. 6 plays @ BEU today.

ezrabrooks
01-31-2007, 06:06 PM
20+. It's the track selection that creates the base of the soup. 6 plays @ BEU today.

Did you catch the 7 in the 7th? Also, was the 6 in the 8th one of your plays?

Ez

kenwoodallpromos
01-31-2007, 06:26 PM
If you bet against a 99-1 shot, you are betting that horse is about as bad as Zippy Chippy!!

PriceAnProbability
02-01-2007, 03:31 AM
I posted something about this a while back though I don't think most understood what I was referring to with the exception of those that pm'd me and inquired.

If you pay attention to certain tracks and you have the ability to sort your selections by ratings, take a peek at who you believe is the least likely to win. We've been doing this for a while at select tracks & the roi is a laughable +3.27. I won't even go into state breds, mdn's or race selection to increase the roi. 3.27 is just $100 on the biggest bum in every race @ certain tracks.

It's a side wager we throw in as a lark. I don't mean to advocate it to everyone. Don't bother pimping me about its foolishness, I just thought I'd share a slice of ridiculousness in a game where so many struggle to find positive results. The irony? - They're sometimes found in the negatives
:jump:

Are you saying you actually put $100 to win on these horses?

Wouldn't that demolish the price at a smaller track?

(could someone do the pool math please?)

raybo
02-01-2007, 07:32 AM
I usually throw in a high priced horse who happens to show up as a possible contender in my program, usually on the 2nd row, but sometimes on the top. Payouts can be awesome.

bigmack
02-02-2007, 02:16 PM
& the beat goes on @ BEU

PriceAnProbability
02-02-2007, 11:04 PM
I usually throw in a high priced horse who happens to show up as a possible contender in my program, usually on the 2nd row, but sometimes on the top. Payouts can be awesome.

Like the horse I make 15-1 in the value line who is 20-1 in the program...those can be deadly.

Tom
02-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Like the horse I make 15-1 in the value line who is 20-1 in the program...those can be deadly.

I bet they CAN! :lol: