PDA

View Full Version : Best Automatic or Semi-Automatic Software

Bob G
01-31-2007, 03:45 PM
What I'm referring to by "automatic" or "semi-automatic" is a program where I don't have to choose pacelines or analyze the output extensively. For example, playing the highest Rating A if it's at least 10 points higher than the next highest, would be automatic enough. Playing horses who have both the highest Rating A and Rating B would be semi-automatic. Having to pore over trends in Rating A and Rating B would be handicapping and not automatic or semi-automatic.

I know that it's very likely that I'll lose money this way. That's fine: I do this for entertainment only. What I want to do is lose as little as possible, while still being able to play a total of 15-20 races a day from about 8 tracks. While I mainly play on weekends, I don't mind having to pay for data on a montly rate, and I don't mind paying a reasonable price (up to $500) for the software, either.

Any ideas on software to try?

Murph
01-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Any ideas on software to try?Give Thorostats (http://www.thorostats.com/) a look see, Bob. You can use the top rated horses in our four factors to form a concensus and make plays based on that 1st and 2nd runner against their odds. We also provide the results of all of the selections for the past three years. I've got an example of a few plays posted in Big Reds selection forum thread today.

Murph

njcurveball
01-31-2007, 05:13 PM
What I want to do is lose as little as possible, while still being able to play a total of 15-20 races a day from about 8 tracks. While I mainly play on weekends, I don't mind having to pay for data on a montly rate, and I don't mind paying a reasonable price (up to $500) for the software, either.

Any ideas on software to try?

Well I would hope you would change your mind and use this rating to be selective where you are profitable.

I do not think there is a better piece of software for your needs than HTR. It even has a feature where you can click "get my plays" and see a list of horses sorted by post time.

With 200 or more races to choose from, you should be able to find a group of 15-20 to turn a profit.

Software cost is free and the monthly download runs about $120. The best part is that once you really get into it, you will have even better tools to make money in the same program.

Red Knave
01-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Also give HSH a look. A decent amount of up front work is needed but once you get through the videos, you can set yourself up a pretty automatic handicapping and betting tool.

JustRalph
01-31-2007, 06:02 PM
Well I would hope you would change your mind and use this rating to be selective where you are profitable.

I do not think there is a better piece of software for your needs than HTR. It even has a feature where you can click "get my plays" and see a list of horses sorted by post time.

With 200 or more races to choose from, you should be able to find a group of 15-20 to turn a profit.

Software cost is free and the monthly download runs about $120. The best part is that once you really get into it, you will have even better tools to make money in the same program.

Ding! Bingo!

TonyK@HSH
01-31-2007, 06:24 PM
HSH may be right up your alley. It's worth a call to Dave to see if the product meets your needs.

TonyK

shanta
01-31-2007, 06:36 PM

I know the others that have been mentioned here( they are all fine btw) but would have to agree on this choice.

HTR:

1) They just placed THREE people in the top 20 in the Ntra finals in Vegas including TWO in the top 10 ( 2nd place $150,000. was their best).

2) Software is FREE

3) Downloads priced similar or cheaper than the other HDW affiliates

4) You can "try before you buy" by going to the site and asking for a "Live" demo.
http://www.homebased2.com/forums/

What else could you ask for man? :)

Good hunting
Richie