PDA

View Full Version : Beulah P6

BIG RED
01-31-2007, 10:01 AM
Am I seeing right? DRF shows Beulah's pick 6 was hit for $1 and payed off $1, 458,358.00. I haven't heard anything about.

All I hear is how SA or GP's, and others P6 is such & such. If this is true, boy did this sneak by. I know they have a different set-up for theirs, but still, this is huge. Maybe horseracings BIGs don't want anyone to know about there format?

betovernetcapper
01-31-2007, 10:46 AM
The Beu Pic 6 is a .25 bet that requires the winner to have the unique/sole winning ticket. If there's no sole ticket than a portion of the pool (40%?) is paid out to the days pic 6 winners and the balance goes into a carryover pool. Because of the sole ticket factor the carryovers can go on for days. Fun bet :)

BIG RED
01-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Yes, I know, That was the format I mentioned. I guess my point is, I haven't read or seen any 'headlines' about it in any of the racing news online? You figure they would shout it out, no?

betovernetcapper
01-31-2007, 12:09 PM
It was on the BrisBet sign in page-upper right hand-and they started mentioning it when the pool was $20,000 and recorded every increase of the pool. For some reason YouBet didn't didn't carry this bet.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-31-2007, 12:21 PM
The bet also isn't available in IL, among other places. Hawthorne send those of us on their email list an alerting us to the Beulah Carryover, but sadly had to send a correction when they found out they can't off the bet. Promotions department might have neglected to check with the Mutuel Department first. The limited availabilty of the wager is most likely due to varying state racing rules (likely because of the Unique 6-of-6 rule, rather than the standard 6-of-6 payoff rules) and also tote provider limitations for this unique wager. This in turn would limit overall publicity.

The $0.25 payoff would have been 1/4th of the $1 price, or $364,589.50

I did some math before learning I couldn't bet it. Based on the field sizes and the $0.25 wager size, the Tuesday Fortune Six races, before scratches could have been locked up for $67,770. However, if one other person had hit it, or worse, another 'clever' person with $67,770 also 'locked' it, there would have been multiple winners, and the jackpot would have carried over.

The wager took about $80,000 in action Tuesday, and around $60,000 the previous few days.

No winner Tuesday was under 7/1, to get the unique Fortune Six winner.
7/1 - 12/1 - 8/1 -7/1 - 21/1 - 16/1.

I don't know if it carried over all meet to get this high or not. I did see that there were 6-of-6 payoffs for the last several cards before Tuesday, so there were likely multiple 6-of-6 winners, and therefore a Jackpot carryover.

betovernetcapper
01-31-2007, 01:45 PM
I first noticed the contest on Jan 16th, when someone hit the Pic 6 and there was a $59,000 carryover. I emailed Holly Freking at Beu and asked WTF and she explained that it had to be a unique ticket. So the pool has been building since at least Jan 16th. This is a very clever marketing tool. :)

betovernetcapper
01-31-2007, 02:54 PM
I did some math before learning I couldn't bet it. Based on the field sizes and the $0.25 wager size, the Tuesday Fortune Six races, before scratches could have been locked up for $67,770. However, if one other person had hit it, or worse, another 'clever' person with $67,770 also 'locked' it, there would have been multiple winners, and the jackpot would have carried over.

I really like this feature-it discourages a betting syndicate buying the pool-makes a level playing field :)

schweitz
01-31-2007, 03:12 PM
I have been playing this thing for the last 10 racedays or so and hit it a few times. Sorry to see the single hit because there have been some pretty good payouts for a .25 base bet. Very strange results the day it was hit---I played a $144 ticket and didn't hit a race :D . Looking forward to it building up to a playable amount again.

rrpic6
01-31-2007, 07:56 PM
I really like this feature-it discourages a betting syndicate buying the pool-makes a level playing field :)

I disagree. For $38,587, every horse would be covered. Winner takes home 9 times the investment...this time. Tuesday was the perfect storm to do this. Weather is bone chilling this week in the Midwest, lots of bad horses on the card, and many good handicappers and bettors can't make the wager at their OTB's. GM Mike Weiss of Beulah has found another way to entice the crowd to play there. Beulah Twins...I'll hold my toungue about that subject....caught some heat on another thread.

betovernetcapper
01-31-2007, 09:23 PM
LOL-The operative phase her is "this time". Anyone with a quarter in their BrisBet account could have thrown a monkey wrench into the strategy. For that matter a DQ or little better trip for a single horse might have resulted in multiple winners. For me this is academic as I'm unlikely to ever make a $38K bet. :)