PDA

View Full Version : Can't Access BrisNet SuperTote

LurkingBettor
01-31-2007, 12:56 AM
Worked one week ago. Won't work today. Had not even turned on the laptop in that past week. Error message=

Your Session Has Expired. You Will Need to Restart SuperTote.

IE6, Windows XP Home, Updates thru Service Pack 2

Deleted all cookies today with no success.

The crack tech support team (one guy) at Bris suggested Mozilla FF. Ironically, I can access it thru that but then ATR doesn't work. So, still need a way to access it thru IE.

TIA for any help,
LB

JustRalph
01-31-2007, 01:24 AM
any chance a second computer is logged in? with your name and password?

if not, kill your temp internet files too...........and do a hard shutdown. That means crank it all the way off.........including your cable modem etc. It for some reason thinks your IP address is still logged in.

skate
01-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Worked one week ago. Won't work today. Had not even turned on the laptop in that past week. Error message=

Your Session Has Expired. You Will Need to Restart SuperTote.

IE6, Windows XP Home, Updates thru Service Pack 2

Deleted all cookies today with no success.

The crack tech support team (one guy) at Bris suggested Mozilla FF. Ironically, I can access it thru that but then ATR doesn't work. So, still need a way to access it thru IE.

TIA for any help,
LB

if not up and running yet...

id stick with the Bris guy and give him some more info.

the IE and firefox will work thru differential means. or paths.

hang in...

LurkingBettor
01-31-2007, 06:56 PM
any chance a second computer is logged in? with your name and password?

if not, kill your temp internet files too...........and do a hard shutdown. That means crank it all the way off.........including your cable modem etc. It for some reason thinks your IP address is still logged in.

Ralph, no, no second computer using (laptop only). Deleted cookies, deleted temp internet files, set security to low. Hard shutdown. Tried laptop broadband card, wireless router card.....no luck with either. DL'd all XP updates today. It's gotta be something on Bris end. Remember, I didn't even turn the laptop on for a week, much less change anything. Did find one damaged file in the temp files but it seems to be gone now. If you think it's the culprit LMK, and I'll type it in here.

More suggestions?

p.s. - Second call to Bris "technical support" proved fruitless today. Heck, those guys seem to know less than I do & that is sad!

Tom
01-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Try running CrapCleaner - it does a thorough job.

JustRalph
02-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Ralph, no, no second computer using (laptop only). Deleted cookies, deleted temp internet files, set security to low. Hard shutdown. Tried laptop broadband card, wireless router card.....no luck with either. DL'd all XP updates today. It's gotta be something on Bris end. Remember, I didn't even turn the laptop on for a week, much less change anything. Did find one damaged file in the temp files but it seems to be gone now. If you think it's the culprit LMK, and I'll type it in here.

More suggestions?

p.s. - Second call to Bris "technical support" proved fruitless today. Heck, those guys seem to know less than I do & that is sad!

Do you know how to get into safe mode? Hit F8 from a cold start and choose

" safe mode with Network support" *Use a cable connected straight to your router not a wireless connection*

then try to connect. I am curious. This will look a little funny because it only loads basic drivers ........video will be funny etc.

LurkingBettor
02-01-2007, 03:53 AM
Ralph, will try on up in the day when I'm more alert.

Also, have a "date" with the "expert" technical support person at Bris. He was gone for the day when I called in Wed. at around 5ish. :bang:

LurkingBettor
02-02-2007, 03:21 AM
"Expert" at Bris = no help.

Tried the Safe Mode startup hardwired direct to laptop with cable. Could not get on the internet at all. Error message:

Page Cannot be Displayed / Cannot Find Server.

Have no idea what that tells me. Did notice that I can see an Adminstrator desktop in Safe Mode. Any chance that the IE options or cookies between Admin and User (me) are somehow conflicting?

Otherwise, I might just do a restore back. Any easy instructions on that?

Thanks much,
LB

JustRalph
02-02-2007, 04:34 AM
Otherwise, I might just do a restore back. Any easy instructions on that?

Thanks much,
LB

"start" "run" type in "msconfig" when it opens, hit the "Launch System restore" button at the bottom of the msconfig screen.

restore the system back to before the problem started. Cross fingers.

LurkingBettor
02-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Cross fingers.

LOL. I hear ya Ralph. I'm sure not banking on it working. Will try it later today with every appendage crossed.

njcurveball
02-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Have you tried renewing your IP address?

skate
02-02-2007, 04:45 PM
while trying to be helpful and at the same time not being wasteful with your time, what did Bris say to your question?

i had good experience with Amer-tab-tec, but at first i thought he was way off base.

i think your post in RED; expired session...could mislead you.

your dnld speed can fluctuate at any time, without you knowing and that message may appear, along with other messages.

LurkingBettor
02-02-2007, 06:18 PM
The Bris guy(s) seem to think it's some sort of cookie issue. I've tried everything they suggested and then some. Talked to him yet again today and he was supposed to have researched it further. Guess what? No answers, no research LOL. He's supposed to call me when he finds out more. Anyone wanna take bets on when that's gonna happen. :D The impression I get from them is that if it doesn't fall within their normal checklist of answers, I'm pretty much S.O.L.

Ralph, the restore didn't work. Can I uncross everything yet?

NJ, don't know how to do that but if you want to post instructions or pm I'll certainly give it a try.

Thanks for all the help guys.

JustRalph
02-02-2007, 07:03 PM
if he really thinks it is cookies, you can export them and then delete all temporarily............. reboot and try to log in. If that fixes it, then you know it is a cookie and you can replace them and start searching them manually. He should be able to tell you what to look for........or am I reaching here?

Ponyplayr
02-02-2007, 08:30 PM
This tool is free and it will clean cookies better than a Muppet.
http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm
Scroll down for the download file.

betovernetcapper
02-05-2007, 10:08 PM
If you want to use ATR, a better tote is The Racing Chanel from Philadelphia Park.

njcurveball
02-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I am thinking a few things, and you probably have tried them all. But perhaps you may not have tried one of them?

1.) Pop up blocker. Do you have a toolbar you recently installed (perhaps unknowingly?) Google, Yahoo, etc. IE has a pop-up blocker as well. I would turn them all off.

2.) Have you tried your UserID on another computer? Have you tried asking them for another UserID?

3.) Re-boot computer and shut down cable modem for 30 seconds.

4.) Go to CMD prompt, type IPCONFIG/RELEASE then IPCONFIG/RENEW

Do you have any more info? You already cleared the cookies and deleted all the temorary internet files. Have you tried re-installing IE?

AwolAtPA
02-06-2007, 03:58 AM
couple of hunches for you:

1. Uninstall ATR and/or get new ID for ATR
aaah, I am not an ATR user but understand it to be a subscriber system that requires a user ID. Maybe, that is creating some a time/date issue and the '..expired..' message is a bogus, catchall message.

2. create a new Desktop user. (control panel, User Accounts)
this will create a separate IE temporary internet folder for that user. So, if the culprit is something left over after '..deleting cookies..' then this should remove that issue.

3. Clear HISTORY files.
I have done delete temp files and cookies for program that extracts files from the temp files. Well, some files were NOT deleted until I discovered that EVERYTHING did go away by also doing Clear History!!

4. use DOS (ie command), cd to temp folder and do DELTREE.
this is a DANGEROUS DOS command because it will delete everything from the folder. So, just be sure you are in the IE temporary folder before doing this.

5. reinstall OS!!
aaah, yes, this is the solution that you hear from techies who give up and do not have a clue what is wrong or how to fix it. Just could not resist this as,..yes (PROBABLY) this will make the problem go away (MAYBE!!)
Oh, yes, in one of my previous lives, I did tech support and sometimes, we gave up with REFORMAT and REINSTALL is the solution!!

duane

skate
02-06-2007, 05:14 PM
curveballs has got a point.

add-ons will give you fits, take em off one at a time, put em back if you prefer.

i figure, you have come up with the answer by now.