PDA

View Full Version : Wear Your Love Like Heaven

PlanB
01-31-2007, 12:39 AM
Just a question, I'm listening to Donavan's Greatest Hits CD. Who likes that? I think its a very Happy CD.

kingfin66
01-31-2007, 12:55 AM
Who likes that?

I'm just mad about safron. Safron's made about me.

PlanB
01-31-2007, 01:01 AM
Mellow Yellow? I just love that. I swear if I got a Time Machine I'd first go back to the 60's -----from there who knows, but I want to dress & party & -------------------------------------------- like it was 1969. ps, imagine, Prince is doing Super Bowl, lol.

PlanB
01-31-2007, 01:11 AM
Night guys. Flight to Toronto tomorrow morning, which I loathe. That airport is so disorganized. It's a 1hr flight & 45 mins to dock. argggHHHH, good night all.

befuddlem
01-31-2007, 01:27 AM
Night guys. Flight to Toronto tomorrow morning, which I loathe. That airport is so disorganized. It's a 1hr flight & 45 mins to dock. argggHHHH, good night all.

I just left Toronto last night...too bad we just missed eachother. :(

kenwoodallpromos
01-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Catch the Wind.

JPinMaryland
01-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Jennifer JUniper is also nice. One song that is not on there but should be is Atlantis, w/ I believe Jimmy Page playing guitar on that.

JPinMaryland
01-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Actually the 1999 version of this album does contain Atlantis. The other song I was thinking of was Epistle to Dippy, it is on there. Thank you wikipedia.

46zilzal
01-31-2007, 11:14 AM
In the chilly hours and minutes,
Of uncertainty, I want to be,
In the warm hold of your loving mind.

To feel you all around me,
And to take your hand, along the sand,
Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind.

When sundown pales the sky,
I wanna hide a while,
behind your smile,
And everywhere I'd look, your eyes
I'd find.

For me to love you now, Would be
the sweetest thing, 'twould make me sing,
Ah, but I may as well, try and catch the wind.

When rain has
hung the leaves with tears,
I want you near, to kill my fears
To help me to leave all my blues behind.

For standin' in your heart,
Is where I want to be,
and I long to be,
Ah, but I may as well, try and catch the wind.

Tom
01-31-2007, 10:14 PM
"Hurdy gurdy,
Hurdy gurdy,
Hurdy gurdy, gurdy, he sang."

D - you have good taste in music. :ThmbUp:

You into Savoy Brown at all?

Red Knave
02-01-2007, 01:21 PM
"Hurdy gurdy,
Hurdy gurdy,
Hurdy gurdy, gurdy, he sang."

D - you have good taste in music. :ThmbUp:

You into Savoy Brown at all?Tom, apparently all that modulation in his voice in that song was just him, no electronics. And, wow, Savoy Brown (and every other British Bues band from the late 60's) was always on one of our turntables at home. I had one album of theirs titled 'Gettin to the Point' (or something).

bigmack
02-01-2007, 01:42 PM
I had one album of theirs titled 'Gettin to the Point' (or something).
I hate to encourage any further interest in Dovovan as his use of the phrase "Quite Rightly" always made my skin crawl, but I heard an interview of him on NPR a while back that was bearable

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4957328

Tom
02-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Tom, apparently all that modulation in his voice in that song was just him, no electronics. And, wow, Savoy Brown (and every other British Bues band from the late 60's) was always on one of our turntables at home. I had one album of theirs titled 'Gettin to the Point' (or something).

My favorite album- but for songs, Wang Dang Doodle was high on the list.

chickenhead
02-01-2007, 07:48 PM
been listening to Credence all week, on vinyl..keep on chooglin' baby.

Strange that they were from Oakland, basically. Don't know how they found that sound.

PlanB
02-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Oakland Calif, I presume, LOL. Proud Mary & some bayou songs always made me think SOUTH.