PDA

View Full Version : Excel 2007

Tom
01-30-2007, 04:56 PM
anyone have this yet? Not beta, the real thing ( is there a diff with MS?)

I like the large number of columns it can handle, but not sure if I want to get it too early - maybe in year or so?

JustRalph
01-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Tom, have you seen this article?

Just in case you missed it

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16786876/

Dave Schwartz
01-30-2007, 07:05 PM
I have 10 copies of it and will install it on the Vista machine later this week.

I shall report back.

Dave

chickenhead
01-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Tom, have you seen this article?

not saying it's not everything he says..I have no idea...but I wouldn;t go to MSnbc for a review of MS products. It does seem a bit over the top.

Tom
01-30-2007, 09:28 PM
That's funny, Ralph - $149 for basic Office, and I found just Excel07 from $209 - $229.

Knowing MS, i really don't want to firs for anthing - I'm hoping to find actual people ( not MS people) who have used it and thier machines still work!:eek:

I had Word 2003(?) at wrok for a while, and did not like it at all. Excel 2003, too I think - not really impressed with the "improvements."

JustRalph
01-30-2007, 10:30 PM
not saying it's not everything he says..I have no idea...but I wouldn;t go to MSnbc for a review of MS products. It does seem a bit over the top.

I have been following that reporter for years. He usually gets it right. Although he does seem to cream his pants everytime Motorola releases the latest greatest cell phone.

csperberg
01-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Ive been usiing Office 07 since the beta testing period. Been using the final release since Nov now. Love it and actually find my self struggling when having to use even Office 03. Yes there is a huge difference in beta versions to the final release. Each beta was just a little bit different, either by looks or performace. Granted towards the end it looked pretty much like the end product.

The lay out is so much easier to use. It ran fine on both Vista and XP, but will say it ran way better on the Vista 64 than anything else. I got hooked on it the first beta copy I got.

Oh yeah and my computer is still holding up plenty good..lol

I cant see how anyone would be disapointed they had it.

just my 2cents worth

Tom
01-31-2007, 10:06 PM
I took the plunge and ordered Excel 2007 today.

If I suddenly disappear form the internet (:rolleyes:) ........