PDA

View Full Version : Bush countdown clock.

DJofSD
01-29-2007, 10:24 PM
Featured in the LA Times today. Buy it here. (http://www.nationalnightmare.com/) And, no, I am in no way affliated with the bookstore.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Great. Then the people who complain that their tax dollars are being 'wasted' in the war effort can somehow 'better spend' an extra $9.95 on a keychain to help them take their Bush Hatred with them wherever they go.

chickenhead
01-29-2007, 11:23 PM
that's actually a really great idea. I need to work on coming up with stuff like that.

PaceAdvantage
01-29-2007, 11:28 PM
National Nightmare? Boy, they sure do know how to marginalize all those affected by 9/11....which was a REAL national nightmare.....

National nightmare my ass....WTF are they talking about? Seriously! Is the Kool Aid that strong?

Sometimes I wish I could just reach through the monitor and shake folks enough to wake them from their comas.

46zilzal
01-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Featured in the LA Times today. Buy it here. (http://www.nationalnightmare.com/) And, no, I am in no way affliated with the bookstore.
Good likeness "What me worry?"

Steve 'StatMan'
01-30-2007, 12:03 AM
National Nightmare? Boy, they sure do know how to marginalize all those affected by 9/11....which was a REAL national nightmare.....

National nightmare my ass....WTF are they talking about? Seriously! Is the Kool Aid that strong?

Sometimes I wish I could just reach through the monitor and shake folks enough to wake them from their comas.

Now, now PA. Don't you know that it's all Bush's fault that he's the most divisive president that anyone under the age of 24 can remember? It can't be the fault of the people that are obcessed with hating him, and creating things and bringing up points to fuel all that animositiy, can it?

Is the Kool Aid that strong? Nah. It's the types of people that hang around in the Kool Aid bars and drink while in Kool Aid chatrooms and what they do when they're drunk on Kool Aid that's the problem. It'll even get them so drunk on BushHate that they'll spend $9.95 for the keychain. That ought to impress everyone they see in public getting into and out of their vehicles.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Remember, people under 24 years of age likely have only been able to vote in 2004 and perhaps 2000. They may remember Clinton and Gore from their teenage years. GHWB - Bush I, was president when they were in grade school and perhaps junior high. Reagan was president when some of them were born. The after-the-assination-attempt Reagan at that.

JustRalph
01-30-2007, 12:32 AM
Remember, people under 24 years of age likely have only been able to vote in 2004 and perhaps 2000. They may remember Clinton and Gore from their teenage years. GHWB - Bush I, was president when they were in grade school and perhaps junior high. Reagan was president when some of them were born. The after-the-assination-attempt Reagan at that.

I was at my wife's restaurant a few weeks back and the bartender was talking about guns. He knew I used to be a cop and wanted to know if I knew what guns the secret service carried. I had my laptop at the bar and brought up some pictures of the Reagan Asssasination where the Secret Service types are all standing around with guns drawn. The kid was 26 years old. He freaked out when I showed him the pictures. He didn't know Reagan had been shot. A bunch of the staff came over and started asking me questions about it. I had to laugh................ they were all under 30 or so.

http://www.machinegundealer.com/Reagan_Assassination%20attempt.jpg

Steve 'StatMan'
01-30-2007, 12:47 AM
The whole voting situation is worse that I thought.

Since Clinton served 8 years, and Bush has so far served 6 the 8 years he's been elected for, and a new President must be chosen again in 2008.

That means that 16 years, the winners, were either B. Clinton or GW Bush.

2008 - 16 = 1992, the first year of Bill Clinton was elected.

Voters had to be at least 18 years old to vote.

The last prior Presidential Election was 1988.

The oldest Americans that could not vote in 1988 would have been 17, and would not be able to vote for President until 1992.

In 2008, the 17 years olds of 1988 will be 37 years old.

This means that, for the first time, people 37 years old and under will be voting in an election other than that ones that Bill Clinton and George W. Bush were elected in.

This will be the first new president besides these two, in 16 years, and for those 37 and under, only the 3rd they've ever participated in an election for or against.

Oh My.

The main choices in the Presidental Election (survivors of the Major Party Primaries, and the main Independents) as I recall them:

1992 - Bill Clinton/Al Gore, Incumbent GHW Bush/Dan Quayle, Ross Perot/VP don't recall for now the retired General's name.

1996 - Incumbent Bill Clinton/Al Gore, Bob Dole/(I don't remember), Ross Perot/(I don't Remember)

2000 - Current V.P. Al Gore/Joe Lieberman, GW Bush/Dick Chaney, Ralph Nader/(Don't Remember) & Pat Buchannan/(Don't Remember)

2004 - Incumbents GW Bush/Dick Chaney, John Kerry/John Edwards, Ralph Nader/(Don't Remember) & Pat Buchannan/(Don't Remember)

No one under the age of 38 in 2008 will have ever voted in a Presidential Election for anyone other than these candidates, and/or the minor parties.

Woah! That's Scary!

Steve 'StatMan'
01-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Oh my Ralph - it took a while for me to compile my last post, and I just now got to read your post about the young adults asking about the Secret Service guns and their being surprised to learn that there was an assasination attempt on President Reagan. Oh my.

I do remember it, I was a college student at the time, and learned about it on a TV in a student lounge during a break between classes.

I remember an attempt was made on President Ford.

I was only 4 years old infant still at home when President Kennedy was assinated. Still remember my mother crying and begging me to pray for President Kennedy, that he was badly hurt, and I prayed my 4 year old prayers.