PDA

View Full Version : Private $$ to Rehab our Vets?

bigmack
01-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Billions & billions in public money going into Iraq. When our soldiers are injured we need private money to care for them? Something's wrong.

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/stories/012907kvuerehabcenter-eh.2cabedd9.html

Secretariat
01-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Bigmack,

It's been going on for awhile. Even reading this from back in 2002 shows the trend.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/1222-01.htm

JustRalph
01-29-2007, 05:23 PM
what the hell is wrong with it?

San Antonio is full of retired Military. The state of Texas is known for taking care of the Military. This place is a beacon of "self reliance" and reflects the passion for taking care of military members that runs deep in Texas. This is a feather in the cap of not only Texas but the entire country. I am sure you will find some way to drop a turd on it. Nothing ever changes.

Suff
01-29-2007, 05:30 PM
what the hell is wrong with it?

San Antonio is full of retired Military. The state of Texas is known for taking care of the Military. This place is a beacon of "self reliance" and reflects the passion for taking care of military members that runs deep in Texas. This is a feather in the cap of not only Texas but the entire country. I am sure you will find some way to drop a turd on it. Nothing ever changes.

Its a New York Real Estate developer named Arnold Fisher. Family runs the fisher house's around the country. Nothing to do with Texas.

He put up the 37 Million.

No more of this when you secede. btw

JustRalph
01-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Its a New York Real Estate developer named Arnold Fisher. Family runs the fisher house's around the country. Nothing to do with Texas.

He put up the 37 Million.

No more of this when you secede. btw

I think we can get by.

If you don't think this going up at Sam Houston isn't reflective of the city and the attitude toward the Military in San Antonio, you are wrong. Not a better place for it. I don't care who funded it.

bigmack
01-29-2007, 05:49 PM
JR, Find any ill spent Federal dollars and put it in a safe place for these soldiers. Ill spent meaning most of it. Not doing everything they can for these injured soldiers is an abomination

Suff
01-29-2007, 05:53 PM
I think we can get by.

If you don't think this going up at Sam Houston isn't reflective of the city and the attitude toward the Military in San Antonio, you are wrong. Not a better place for it. I don't care who funded it.

I'm more inclined to think its there because the ARMY's rehab facility in the Brook medical center is moving into this new building. Rather than move 100's of Military Doctors & support staff... The building makes sense there.

Hilary Clinton's the Guest of Honor at its grand opening today. btw.

DanG
01-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Let’s not forget a major driving force behind this center is Don Imus of WFAN radio. He has personally funded and lobbied extensively to help launch this project.

Tom
01-29-2007, 06:39 PM
I would rather see oour tax $$$ go to the vets than Iraq. LEt them sell thier oil and take care of themselves.

As a nation, we treat our vets like shit.

Nancy? Care to do someting about it?
Teddy? Got an impassioned speech for our troops like the one you made over min wage?