PDA

View Full Version : Want to save some dough -- call your cable company

chickenhead
01-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Been paying $57 a month for phone service through ATT...noticed Comcast has added service for $39.99, promo fee $33. Thats in the range where its worth changing.

They also have promo rates for new cable and new broadband subscribers.

I call them and say I'll add the phone, but only if they give me promo rates on my existing cable and broadband (currently run me $140 combined).

Final deal was $90 for combined cable and broadband, $33 for phone, both for 1 year term. Total savings >$850. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Never underestimate how much a new sub is worth to these guys.

michiken
01-29-2007, 12:21 PM
While this deal is great for one year, I inquired about what happens to these prices after the time is up:

"All services go up to 59.99 per month" or something to that affect. Make sure that you cancel/review your account at that time.

chickenhead
01-29-2007, 12:29 PM
yes I can cancel whenever. But the point is, if you are thinking of adding a service, don't forget to demand some further concessions, because they will make them. The advertised stuff is just their "first offer".

after the year is up, my cable/broadband prices go back to what they were before, and the phone goes to $40. And then I'll pump ATT for a better deal?

bigmack
01-29-2007, 12:33 PM
But the point is, if you are thinking of adding a service, don't forget to demand some further concessions, because they will make them.
I tried a couple of weeks ago. They offered me a complimentary pomegranate. SOB's

Dan Montilion
01-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Everything is negotiable...

kitts
01-30-2007, 01:27 PM
My cable company, Cox, already provides cable modem and TV which they screw up often enough like today I cannot get the local CBS affiliate channel on one TV but OK on another. I would not dare consider digital phone service or anything else from these people