PDA

View Full Version : THE National Pastime

melman
01-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Dont' get me wrong I am a bigger fan of baseball than football, however the NFL is just a flat out tv ratings gorilla. In the local media the ratings for all Eagles games were listed and they were off the charts. Even the New Years Eve game with Atlanta in which two minutes into the game you knew the game was without meaning they still pulled a 26 rating. The Phillies would need a WS game to do that. :) I think there are still two towns left where baseball is king, Boston and LA. LA because they don't have a NFL team. :) New York may be a 50/50 split not sure on that one.

BIG RED
01-29-2007, 10:28 AM
How many days of the week does football play now? Give it time, and you will be saying 7, they know the power the have. NFL Europe, earlier pre-season, etc.etc., the cash cow is being milked. One thing that may and probably will happen, is them diluting the product, and then there goes the ratings.
NY, I don't know. They have several football teams, and two bball teams? I have met and watched games with Skankee fans, and they are just as rabbid as us :cool: I would guess it is a baseball town. Any Yorkies agree?