PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl

banacek
01-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Which bet do you take of the two? Sorry I can't seem to edit the poll. I obviously mean Bears +6.5!

banacek
01-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Did you mean "+ 6.5" on the Bears?

Yeah, can't seem to edit it? PA help!;)

bigmack
01-28-2007, 10:06 PM
It's now 7 Bana

banacek
01-28-2007, 10:19 PM
It's now 7 Bana

Still 6.5 at Pinnacle (remember them?)

BIG RED
01-29-2007, 05:23 AM
I will not be betting this line, but I took the Colts. I figure they are high as a kite right now, racing into form if you will, and the game is in Miami. Maybe Indy can run away with it this time. I'm rooting for the Bears

betchatoo
01-29-2007, 09:16 AM
I bought a half point and bet the Bears at +7.5

GO BEARS! :jump: :jump:

headhawg
01-29-2007, 09:24 AM
I will not be betting this line, but I took the Colts. I figure they are high as a kite right now, racing into form if you will, and the game is in Miami. Maybe Indy can run away with it this time. I'm rooting for the BearsI think that people could be right. Indy could blow the Bears out -- IF the Bears defense doesn't show up or if Rex throws 2+ picks. But there are people out there willing to bet on that possibility??? (Almost) No one gave the Bears a chance against New Orleans and they won by 25. Rex had a great series to help put the game out of reach and the defense became a turnover machine.

Indy is bad away from home, bad against the run, Manning may have a bad thumb (Seeing a theme here?) and the Colts have already played their "superbowl" against the Pats. Contrary to what BR believes, I think they will be flat. And people still want to take -6.5?? A sucker bet, methinks.

BIG RED
01-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I took the Colts for this poll, hawgmiester :) . There is no no bet box. I would not and am not betting the spread. Also, I am rooting for the Bears, because they have a shot at it, and I want Manning to end up like Marino. Good quarterback, all the stats, but no ring :)

And I did state I liked the Bears against the Saints in the other thread.

melman
01-29-2007, 12:42 PM
I like the Colts to win and cover but am not about to bet the game. When a team can come from down 21-6 to a battle tested great team like the Pats it's just a huge confidense builder.

Valuist
01-29-2007, 03:18 PM
I like the Colts to win and cover but am not about to bet the game. When a team can come from down 21-6 to a battle tested great team like the Pats it's just a huge confidense builder.

Its also a recipe for a letdown. The Patriots have been their post-season nemesis, and they finally conquered them. That said, I think the Colts of 2005 were stronger than the 2006 edition.

Overlay
01-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Looks so far (in this unscientific thread) like the line is accomplishing just what the sports books shoot for -- equal support for both the favorite and the underdog (but with the added ability of the book to adjust the line to be sure it comes out that way). I'll take racing, thank you.

PlanB
01-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Pardon me, but didn't we already see the Super Bowl when the PATS lost? I mean, do you think this GAME will match that? The climax happened & now its wash up time. (With great commercials/awesome parties/half-time show/ etc)
But, as a down & dirty sport, it's been played a few weeks ago.

44PACE
01-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Pardon me, but didn't we already see the Super Bowl when the PATS lost? I mean, do you think this GAME will match that? The climax happened & now its wash up time. (With great commercials/awesome parties/half-time show/ etc)

Absolutely. That was the game to watch, unless you live in Chicago or INdy you really could care less who wins. The 2 week gap kind of makes you forget about it the press on it is boring. The super dud is not that big of a deal, what are we going on now #41? 3 years from now we will forget who won the game, just like the last 5 years.

The only fun about any of this is screwing with the bears fans.:lol:

Zaf
01-30-2007, 11:32 PM
I like da Bears !!!

Z

chickenhead
01-30-2007, 11:48 PM
based on our poll here...I'd say the line is pretty good. damn.

who am I going with?

Shacopate
01-31-2007, 05:11 AM
Two words for Indy fans to remember on sunday...DEVIN HESTER.

skate
01-31-2007, 04:13 PM

and don't forget "D-#"

i like the bears on the money line

Tote Master
02-01-2007, 09:05 PM
I wanted to pass along my thoughts for the Super Bowl game.

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to stay with the Colts on this one. I think any one of the 4 teams in the AFC Divisional Playoffs could beat the Bears. In fact the only AFC teams that Chicago could beat last year were the Jets and Buffalo, while they lost to both the Patriots and the Dolphins. Keep in mind that the Saints were 0 for 3 and were crushed each time by an AFC team while the Patriots on the other hand beat all of their NFC rivals. On the other hand the Colts only loss to an NFC team was to Dallas and they crushed both Washington and Philadelphia.

If they give Manning any time at all - its bombs away! If they don't he'll do the same thing he did to the Patriots and just pick them apart. Keep in mind that neither Grossman nor Griese is a Tom Brady and with a much improved running game and defense - I believe the Colts will prevail.

Give the Points (7), and look for something like a 34-20 Victory by the Colts.

Besides as a horseplayer I certainly couldn't play bears! :D
Lots of Luck and Enjoy the Game!

racefinder2
02-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by PlanB

------------------------------------------

To the Bears and Colts......

The only climax was to the people picking NE and NO.....the
hyped teams in both of those games.....

Go Bears.....

:)

beertapper
02-03-2007, 12:38 PM
anyone thinking of taking the bears on the money line ? the odds looks tempting

keilan
02-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I like da Bears !!!

Z

I like de Colts !!! -- The only chance the Bears have to win is if a storm develops tomorrow afternoon. The running game will come into play, fumbles, missed field goals etc.

If you’re a Bears fan start praying for bad weather ;)

dylbert
02-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Peyton and the Colts will roll. Bears have been preparing for this game two weeks; Peyton has been preparing for this game his entire career.

I will get my annual halftime nap in tomorrow, too. Yawn-fest halftime show... I'm sure.

Dave Schwartz
02-04-2007, 05:05 PM
My official wager:

Bears +6.5 parlayed to under 48.

(If one wanted to hedge, Colts -6.5 parlayed to over.)

Oh, I also made a 1st half bet: Bears +4.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dan Montilion
02-04-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm hoping for a game between the 30's, boring as hell with tight defense and missed 50 yard field goals with heavy rain and wind. Ending in the first ever overtime SB as a 3-0 win for I don't care who.

Oh, I guess I should mention I have zero/zero in the local gin mill pool at $500 a square.

Overlay
02-04-2007, 08:05 PM

Well, that was spot on. At least the Colts didn't let that opening kickoff return faze them.

Dave Schwartz
02-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Oh, I also made a 1st half bet: Bears +4.

SO, did I get lucky on this one or what?

Tom
02-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Anyone ever tell Phjil Simms he doesn't have to YELL everything he says?
Especially when most of it stupid to begin with? :bang:

Thank GOD for radio - I can tune this dimwit out.

Overlay
02-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Congratulations, Colts! What a game!

Zaf
02-04-2007, 10:14 PM
I like de Colts !!! -- The only chance the Bears have to win is if a storm develops tomorrow afternoon. The running game will come into play, fumbles, missed field goals etc.

If you’re a Bears fan start praying for bad weather ;)

Your correct once again Keilan. You know your Pigskin ! Good call on the Colts.

Z

dylbert
02-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Peyton and the Colts will roll. Bears have been preparing for this game two weeks; Peyton has been preparing for this game his entire career.

I will get my annual halftime nap in tomorrow, too. Yawn-fest halftime show... I'm sure.Colts win, Colts win BIG!

Great day for Louisiana connections -- Peyton & Reggie Wayne are both New Orleans natives. Plus, LSU stars, Joseph Addai & Booger MacFarland played well, too.

Hopefully, they will not do too many rubber chicken banquets and have chance for repeat next year.

FoxTrot
02-04-2007, 10:32 PM
He liked the Bears in the rain.

Good call Dylbert, BigRed, Melman

Steve 'StatMan'
02-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Best team won tonight. Colts fixed any flaws in their defense, esp. the run. They earned a good win. In years past, I'd hoped Dungy, Manning and the Colts would eventually get their Super Bowl win, but with the Bears having a good season and finally getting back to the Super Bowl, I'd have been happier if the Colts had awaited just one more year. LOL.

Bears had a good year, but had some holes. They plugged many of the leaks, but there were still some holes. I wasn't as confident in the Bears for this game as I was in the '85 Bears and the '05 White Sox. But I'm glad they got there, and hopefully they learned a lot from this and improve next year.

banacek
02-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Hey somebody voted for the Colts after the game! My fault, I should have put a time limit on the poll!

Tote Master
02-04-2007, 10:54 PM
A Great Game in spite of the weather!

Congratulations to the Colts for well deserved Victory.

How sweet it is!

keilan
02-04-2007, 11:26 PM

Z

Thanx Zaf, the score late was closer than it should have been if you’re a Colts fan.

Most of the crowd I hang with believed the Colts would win easily and only bad weather would keep the game remotely close. The over and under was 48.5 here and many of us played that wager when the weather forecast indicated rain throughout the day.

Talk with ya later & keep your stick on the ice

keilan
02-04-2007, 11:29 PM
He liked the Bears in the rain.

Good call Dylbert, BigRed, Melman

Yeah I sure loved the Bears, awful lucky for me I didn’t have a ticket on them :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: