PDA

View Full Version : Steve Chaplin

classhandicapper
01-24-2007, 06:43 PM
I just ordered Steve Chaplin's two books on harness racing. I had the first one but lost it somewhere along the line. I wanted to replace it.

Does anyone know if he is still involved with the sport in any way?

Both books are excellent. When I think back to the time period, they were really way ahead of their time in a lot of ways.

cj
01-25-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm reading the first one now, and the second is on the way. So far, so good on the first one.

classhandicapper
01-25-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm reading the first one now, and the second is on the way. So far, so good on the first one.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I am looking at the second one now. Looks good also.

I was hoping you would find at least a bit of the thinking applicable to T-bred racing. Then again if you ever play harness races again, they can't hurt. :)

trying2win
01-27-2007, 06:14 PM
CJ:

I thought you didn't like harness racing.

T2W

cj
02-01-2007, 06:50 AM
CJ:

I thought you didn't like harness racing.

T2W

I don't have anything against harness racing. I have joked about it for sure, especially with mel. I used to bet it all the time in the days before simulcasting. What else were you going to do on a summer night? If I ever sat down and made a list, I'm sure I've been to at least as many harness tracks as thoroughbred tracks, and probably more.

Now, with internet wagering and expanded simulcasting, there are more than enough races being run where I can search for good bets with the thoroughbreds. There is only so much time in the day. If the opportunities dwindle, I'd go back to betting harness racing in a minute.(well, after some extensive studying and code writing :) )