PDA

View Full Version : New York Bans Online Gambling...??

Pace Cap'n
01-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Does anyone have any more info on this?

The new law went into effect this past Monday at 9pm, making New York one of just 13 states no longer allowing companies to process bets that are placed online. What that means now:

While before, it was illegal to gamble online, but people still found a way to place bets...
Now, in the state, the sites literally will not let you log in and gamble
www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=5984182 (http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=5984182)

Ron
01-24-2007, 06:14 PM
I think there has been a few threads on this..old news...doesn't pertain to horse racing.

shanta
01-24-2007, 07:05 PM
As of now Brisbet and Youbet are taking wagers. Tvg Online is NOT.

Richie

Pace Cap'n
01-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I think there has been a few threads on this..old news...doesn't pertain to horse racing.

Monday is old?

PaceAdvantage
01-25-2007, 01:50 AM
As of now Brisbet and Youbet are taking wagers. Tvg Online is NOT.

Richie

TVG stopped taking wagers from NY a long time ago, I believe....at least a year, probably longer....I have never wagered with TVG, so someone who has can probably give an exact date.

shanta
01-25-2007, 08:32 AM
TVG stopped taking wagers from NY a long time ago, I believe....at least a year, probably longer....I have never wagered with TVG, so someone who has can probably give an exact date.

When I heard about this new law thing I wanted to open up a few new accounts in the hope that if things got hairy maybe one of them could still be accessed to wager on.

I REALLY would hate to have to go back to wagering at the track(simul).. Matter of fact I would probably bail from racing and focus on day trading.

Thanx for the info. In a way it's kinda good news because the stopped wagers did NOT happen in the last couple of days

Richie :)

Spendabuck85
01-25-2007, 02:24 PM
I live in NYS and just placed bets through Brisbet and am currently playing poker on Pokerstars. Unless NYS gets ISP's to restrict access to the offshore gambling sites this story is much ado about nothing.
Also, NYS has legalized internet betting on horseracing so I see no future impact on Brisbet, Youbet, etc.