View Full Version : hOW YAHOO BLEW IT

bigmack
01-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Good art:

http://www.wired.com/news/wiredmag/0,72497-0.html?tw=wn_index_2

Suff
01-24-2007, 11:49 PM
I rate yahoo a BUY now.

Yahoo is the lost giant with an asset that they seem incapable of monetizing.

They are the most visited website in the world. 500 Million people use YAHOO

They are making three huge moves in 2007.

Mobile search.

Mobile computing devices outsold desktops 4 to 1 in 2006

Social Search.

Targeting content buried in places like DIGG, Flickr, Photo Bucket, blogs and social networking sites (local national and global)

And they are about to Introduce Yahoo Panama. A direct shot at Googles Adsense. Something they have been testing in Scandanavian countries for 9 months, and is being BETA tested very quietly here in the US.

Stock was up topday,....But when you sit down and think about what the #1 site on the internet is...., when you think about google, and Youtube, and myspace....and all the waves and rages that have screamed onto the scene. Yahoo has taken some bumps.....but if they get it right.....Its a winner. Big winner.

bigmack
01-25-2007, 12:00 AM
Prior to 9/11/01 they were so overvalued I couldn't believe how the stock kept going up towards a hun. Post WTC kablooie they landed at around 8-10 and a number of people said "buy"

Google has buried these guys in an exponential way. As cited in the article GOOG commands 70% of search revenue.

Yahoo Panama will do little to bolster a stock that to me, is overvalued 'as is'

The last line of the article is the reason for the lopsided vic for Google.
At Yahoo, the marketers rule, and at Google the engineers rule.

DJofSD
01-25-2007, 02:43 AM
At Yahoo, the marketers rule, and at Google the engineers rule.

Macky -- that's funny. Any one that knows anything about the computer industry over the last 3 decades knows that companies that were of, by and for the engineer are no longer in business.

Now, that's not to knock GOOG but to discount or dismiss YHOO because of the perception they don't let up bunch of engineers run the company is a little misguided. If YHOO reaches $30, it ain't lookin' back.