PDA

View Full Version : FYI... $723,774 Pick 6 Carryover at SA for Wednesday*

Turfday
01-21-2007, 08:25 PM
nm

DJofSD
01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Could be a huge pool Wednesday. 69 runners in the overnight for the P6 races. Let's see if the total pool hits $2 million.

pic6vic
01-21-2007, 09:06 PM
pool will be close to 4 million or more

dylbert
01-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Cough, cough... I feel sick day coming for Wednesday. LOL...

Yeah, we should have mini-contest like Price is Right closest to pool without going over. SoCal pools usually explode on three-day carryover. Went from $160,000 something to $723,000-plus now. My uneducated, unscientific guess is $3,888,888.

Good luck to everyone taking shot -- full, very unpredictable fields should challenge all comers. Usually other pools seem more generous as so many bettors focus on Pick 6 only.

rrpic6
01-22-2007, 07:45 PM
No carryover if the Stewards do the right thing and DQ both 6 and 11. Just a coincidence?

http://www.calracing.com/replays.php

Sailwolf
01-23-2007, 03:37 AM
Cough, cough... I feel sick day coming for Wednesday. LOL...

Yeah, we should have mini-contest like Price is Right closest to pool without going over. SoCal pools usually explode on three-day carryover. Went from $160,000 something to $723,000-plus now. My uneducated, unscientific guess is $3,888,888.

Good luck to everyone taking shot -- full, very unpredictable fields should challenge all comers. Usually other pools seem more generous as so many bettors focus on Pick 6 only.

I'll pick $3,600,000 in the pool. Tax season ahead. Can not get sick even if I am feeling "sick"

boomman
01-23-2007, 06:59 PM
With the big carryover PLUS 2 dark days to get the word out to everybody, they (and I) will definitely be taking a major shot at it tomorrow! Looks like a decent pick 6 to play also, with not a lot of chalk figuring as potential "singles" on the small tickets. And since 95% or higher of the amount bet tomorrow will come from that aforementioned category, the play could be juicy;) -Boom

crownx
01-23-2007, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=rrpic6]No carryover if the Stewards do the right thing and DQ both 6 and 11. Just a coincidence?

Amen to that.. Sorry they pick one foul to inforce and leave another without justice.. seems to happen all the time at every track i follow.

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 02:05 AM
[QUOTE=rrpic6]No carryover if the Stewards do the right thing and DQ both 6 and 11. Just a coincidence?

Amen to that.. Sorry they pick one foul to inforce and leave another without justice.. seems to happen all the time at every track i follow.

I couldn't agree with you more. Both of those horses had to come down. The 11 came in on his own and cost 2 horses their rightful placings. This was almost as bad as the decision at Philly the other day.

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 02:10 AM
With the big carryover PLUS 2 dark days to get the word out to everybody, they (and I) will definitely be taking a major shot at it tomorrow! Looks like a decent pick 6 to play also, with not a lot of chalk figuring as potential "singles" on the small tickets. And since 95% or higher of the amount bet tomorrow will come from that aforementioned category, the play could be juicy;) -Boom

Do you really think the card looks that tough? I think it will pay ok, but I don't think it will be a monster payout.

boomman
01-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Befuddlem wrote: Do you really think the card looks that tough? I think it will pay ok, but I don't think it will be a monster payout.

Befuddle: I think 3 of the races (or possibly more) could come with a price, and remember it only takes ONE big price to blow most of the tickets out. I see the pick 6 coming back somewhere in the mid 5 figure range, so it definitely charts as a play for me to go after! Good luck to everyone!:)

Boom

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 06:17 PM
You're right Boomman it's going to pay. After 3 races I'm out. I had the first 2 winners. They looked good to me, but this last one #8 Paul's Hope..Just couldn't see it.

bigmack
01-24-2007, 06:20 PM
I had the first 2 winners. They looked good to me
What did you like about them?

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 06:28 PM
What did you like about them?

#3 Brazen Bunny Becerra is deadly with this type. Also had the best speed figure.

#8 Moogie was the number 2 rated Quickgap horse on Dr. Park's Gapfire site, of which I am a member. I played the top 3 Quickgaps in that race as I couldn't get a good handle on the race.

rrbauer
01-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Well, shit. It was so easy on Wednesday, it's got to be a lock on Thursday!
Get in line!!

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Well, shit. It was so easy on Wednesday, it's got to be a lock on Thursday!
Get in line!!

I'm still alive for 5 of 6. That 6 horse that just won was Dr. Park's top-rated Quickgap horse. I'm alive to the 12(top Quickgap) for 5 of 6. Here's hoping. I don't have the 11. It scares me as do the other Quickgaps which are 4-6-14.

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Cancel that! I just got shafted they took my 6 down at 45/1.
AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! No 5 out of 6 for me!

stu
01-24-2007, 07:25 PM
then I probably would have had a heart attack waiting for the stewards' decision in the 7th.

stu

rrbauer
01-24-2007, 07:26 PM
That's a tough beat because there was a lot of "acting" there in the stretch. The horse that took up wasn't going anywhere except backwards. Pisses me off that the stew's inquiry deliberations are not available to the public. Secret, secret, secret....suck, suck, suck! And who pays?

You got it!

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 07:27 PM
then I probably would have had a heart attack waiting for the stewards' decision in the 7th.

stu

I watched the race and then started typing on here. Then I switched back over to my video, in shock, to see the inquiry. I had no idea in watching the race. I didn't see what the 6 did. Maybe cut of the 7 I don't know, I'll have to watch the replay.

bigmack
01-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Cancel that! I just got shafted they took my 6 down at 45/1.
AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! No 5 out of 6 for me!
So you had the 6 but not the 8? Damn you're good or Dr Park is.

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Yes unfortunately the head-on shows the 6 cutting over. He has to come down. AAGGGGGGG!!! I think he was well ahead but that doesn't matter.
I only hope they consistetnly make this type of decision. Unlike the one I saw at Philly the other day, this time I'm involved, and it has cost me big money!

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 07:33 PM
So you had the 6 but not the 8? Damn you're good or Dr Park is.

Why so suspicious? I took a longshot flyer ticket with all of Dr. Park's top-rated Quickgap horses. Why so sarcastic? It just so happens that I would have been alive to the 12. That 8 horse was not in the Quickgaps and did not take it.

stu
01-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Let's get another insane carryover
with a victory from the 1, 4, 5, or 15.

WooHoo,
Stu

bigmack
01-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Why so suspicious? I took a longshot flyer ticket with all of Dr. Park's top-rated Quickgap horses. Why so sarcastic? It just so happens that I would have been alive to the 12. That 8 horse was not in the Quickgaps and did not take it.
Must buy Dr Park's Quckgap system...Must buy Dr Park's Quckgap system...Must buy Dr Park's Quckgap system...

http://www.firedavewannstedt.com/Lost_In_Space_robot_body_1_2_2004.jpg

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Must buy Dr Park's Quckgap system...Must buy Dr Park's Quckgap system...Must buy Dr Park's Quckgap system...

http://www.firedavewannstedt.com/Lost_In_Space_robot_body_1_2_2004.jpg

It's not a system! Sorry I even brought it up here. People are sure quick to jump in and chastize around here.

bigmack
01-24-2007, 07:46 PM
It's not a system! Sorry I even brought it up here. People are sure quick to jump in and chastize around here.
Sorry about that. Let's put it to rest, just post your ticket.

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm still alive for 5 of 6. That 6 horse that just won was Dr. Park's top-rated Quickgap horse. I'm alive to the 12(top Quickgap) for 5 of 6. Here's hoping. I don't have the 11. It scares me as do the other Quickgaps which are 4-6-14.

Just as well now. The 12 ran second to one of the other Quickgaps. I aint redboarding here either Big Mack. Dr. Park's Quickgaps had the exacta.

Light
01-24-2007, 09:08 PM
#8 Paul's Hope..Just couldn't see it.

He had a nice little 2x lasix angle.They put the lasix on in a race they dont intend to win. For a sprinter they put it on in a route and vice versa. I saw that but with only a $32 ticket,had to toss him. Got 3 wins and 3 seconds. Did not have Chalky Antifreeze.Hardest for me was Moogie. Last 2 were singles.Singalong(got lucky) and especially Tony Montana.

betovernetcapper
01-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Light-that is an interesting way of looking at 2nd lasix-I've never considered that prospective.

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Light-that is an interesting way of looking at 2nd lasix-I've never considered that prospective.

A trainer once told me that he did not send his horses first time on lasix because he wanted them to grow accustomed to the drug. He also said that the horses would quit anyway on first time lasix, because they were fearful of bleeding. When they run a race on the drug and don't bleed, they no longer have that fear in subsequent races.

Suff
01-24-2007, 10:57 PM

I played the top 3 Quickgaps in that race as I couldn't get a good handle on the race.

Generally on this message board, and I think most, you can expect some push back to any claim. Even if its redboarding a .50 horse.

Your new so perhaps you have'nt encountered it before. You did say that in the 4th you used Dr Park because you could'nt get a good handle on that race. Later you came back and said you used ALL Dr. parks picks.
Its hard, because your claiming 90 dollar horses and a shot at 5 of 6 on a half million dollar payout.

That gets in you the Bullshit Artist catergory. Quick like.

Its nice to talk about tickets. How you play them, how you got to a horse, and so forth. But you gotta post it. Those are the rules. I did'nt make them. I just follow them.

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Generally on this message board, and I think most, you can expect some push back to any claim. Even if its redboarding a .50 horse.

Your new so perhaps you have'nt encountered it before. You did say that in the 4th you used Dr Park because you could'nt get a good handle on that race. Later you came back and said you used ALL Dr. parks picks.
Its hard, because your claiming 90 dollar horses and a shot at 5 of 6 on a half million dollar payout.

Its nice to talk about tickets. How you play them, how you got to a horse, and so forth. But you gotta post it. Those are the rules. I did'nt make them. I just follow them.

Come on, you've got more brains than that. I even told Big Mac the horse I was alive to, and the Quickgaps for the last race about 20 minutes before the race went. I didn't want to post about my horses, but after the first 3 races went, I could see why 2 of the 3 won. Big Mac asked what I liked about them. I also bought several different pick 6 tickets, and I would have been alive for the 5 of 6 going into the last race had the 6 not been dq'd Read the whole thread before you jump to conclusions.

befuddlem
01-24-2007, 11:48 PM

Come on let's keep it real. I didn't say that either. 5 out of 6, which I wouldn't have got anyway, would have probably paid me $15000, had the $96 winner stayed up.

Suff
01-25-2007, 12:08 AM
yea, nothing matters, really. Big day..exciting day. 3 and 1/2 mill in play. I know how it goes down. Special circumstances.....I'm all about it.

Everyone knows I play...But in the office....No. No one knows I play. I play quietly. Today I wore my 2001 breeders cup hat to work. Looking to get something out of it. I have'nt worn in it since Kona Gold did'nt get a GODAMN call when I bet my retirement money on him at 4-1. I had to take the 45 minute subway back to manhattan because of him.

I've used that hat as a door stop, as a pot holder....But I'd never wear it because of that sonofabitching KONA GOLD.

Today I wear it. And don't you know everyone wants to talk horses when I'm trying to bet quietly.

All day.. My uncle plays horses, My brother loves horses,My sister had sex with a horse....and on and on. When Amber Note did'nt get to Lunar Rendevous in the third, I lost it..... Jesus Christ can't you people see I'm trying to get down on my F'n horses here!!!!?

The hat went in the bucket,,,,and the whole day went to shit.

These horse's will drive you batty. My betting account looks like a soup kitchen.

befuddlem
01-25-2007, 12:13 AM
yea, nothing matters, really. Big day..exciting day. 3 and 1/2 mill in play. I know how it goes down. Special circumstances.....I'm all about it.

Everyone knows I play...But in the office....No. No one knows I play. I play quietly. Today I wore my 2001 breeders cup hat to work. Looking to get something out of it. I have'nt worn in it since Kona Gold did'nt get a GODAMN call when I bet my retirement money on him at 4-1. I had to take the 45 minute subway back to manhattan because of him.

I've used that hat as a door stop, as a pot holder....But I'd never wear it because of that sonofabitching KONA GOLD.

Today I wear it. And don't you know everyone wants to talk horses when I'm trying to bet quietly.

All day.. My uncle plays horses, My brother loves horses,My sister had sex with a horse....and on and on. When Amber Note did'nt get to Lunar Rendevous in the third, I lost it..... Jesus Christ can't you people see I'm trying to get down on my F'n horses here!!!!?

The hat went in the bucket,,,,and the whole day went to shit.

These horse's will drive you batty. My betting account looks like a soup kitchen.

Sounds like your the only guy who ever plays horses.:)

Sailwolf
01-25-2007, 05:05 AM
Maybe PA should have an indicator if the post was before the race in question.:jump: :bang: