PDA

View Full Version : Turfday

loopeepop
01-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Anyone use Turfeday? I have used it for over two years it does an excellent job off rating trainers, you can also track trainers, jocks, trainer/jocks, etc. They also give speed figures, class and pace figures. Thia cover all the tracks in the country and you don have to pay a big $$$ amount for the soft ware. I have been able to use their top rated recent speed horse with their pace horse and come up with some good exacters. They also give a trainer angles such as first off of claim, returning in thirty days, sprint to route, 120 day lay off. These angles are not built in the program they are there for you to see and make a selection. They also have a key horse section. In other words it is as comprehensive as can be. I would like to compare notes with someone who is useing the system. I could tell you more about this system but it would take too much time, feel free to give me your comments, I am sure some of you will . Thanks

PaceAdvantage
01-20-2007, 04:19 AM
I'm curious. Since you already use the service, and appear to be a VERY satisfied customer, why would you be seeking the opinions of other users? Usually, someone who has NEVER used the service would be looking for opinions.

Odd.

bigmack
01-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Between looking for someone to write a program for longshot trainers, wanting to know about HSH, HDW, being a professional player & questions about Turfday it's like he's snared in a loop of questions.

Hey, wait a minute. Loopeepop. Now I get it.

loopeepop
01-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Always looking to improve my game. Turfday is a excellent program, looking for other users to compare notes. I have read about other program and I am seeking opinion and experiences from other users before I make a decision. From what I have learned so far I appears to me that Turfeday is an excellent value compared to the cost of some of the other systems. In addiiion you get every track in the country and you don't have to download anything. However Chynthia, has a program called fast capper that's not too expensive that I may consider. Agin I thank you for your honest feed back I have learned a lot from paceAdvantage.

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2007, 09:18 PM
From what I have learned so far I appears to me that Turfeday is an excellent value compared to the cost of some of the other systems.

Didn't you say you are already a Turfday user? Wouldn't you know from personal experience whether or not it is an excellent value?

I'm still not understanding the point of this thread.

Sabe
01-22-2007, 12:21 AM
"I'm still not understanding the point of this thread." I think you do. As a matter of fact, I think we all do. It's not like we haven't seen this weak act before!

njcurveball
01-22-2007, 10:51 AM
that's not too expensive that I may consider.

If you are a $20 per race player, one extra winner can cover the cost of downloading from a site such as HDW. I am reading your posts and I cannot understand your frugality.

What is the price point you are expecting to pay per month?

PlanB
01-22-2007, 07:29 PM
If you are a $20 per race player, one extra winner can cover the cost of downloading from a site such as HDW. I am reading your posts and I cannot understand your frugality.

What is the price point you are expecting to pay per month?

LOL, ~3years ago, when I was lucky to post as Derek2U, some player, claiming to be highly successful, asked one day, in another thread, if anyone could tell him how he could save on "Paper & Ink" when printing out his selections.

PaceAdvantage
01-23-2007, 02:59 AM
LOL, ~3years ago, when I was lucky to post as Derek2U, some player, claiming to be highly successful, asked one day, in another thread, if anyone could tell him how he could save on "Paper & Ink" when printing out his selections.

Some of the richest people in the world are also the most frugal. Your lavish spenders are the ones who are most apt to die broke....just ask Mike Tyson or Michael Jackson.

MichaelNunamaker
01-23-2007, 04:50 AM
Hi PA,

You wrote "Some of the richest people in the world are also the most frugal."

And you are very much correct. Wealth correlates to saving much more highly than to earning. For example, most doctors never become millionaires despite having very high incomes.

The ultimate miser was probably Hetty Green.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetty_Green

Mike Nunamaker

singunner
01-23-2007, 05:48 AM
Ingvar Kamprad is a more contemporary example. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingvar_Kamprad)

Turfday
01-23-2007, 02:14 PM
nm

Bob G
01-31-2007, 02:32 PM
I know a couple of people who are wealthy and who are very frugal. Their entire unverse is money. Find ways to make more money. Find ways to save money. One owns seven fast food restaurants. Lives in a house costing about $45,000. He mows the lawn himself and does all of his own repairs. Drives a 1998 Toyota Camry that he bought used last year. It could use new tires. He buys almost everything at Wal Mart, including almost all of his casual clothes. Buys his suits at a discount place. The other allows himself a few luxuries like a nice house and car but doesn't take trips.

A lot of miserly types get so caught up in moneymaking and money-saving, that money becomes the end itself, not the means to achieve the end. They usually are very paranoid about their money and spend most waking hours worrying about it being stolen, investments going bad, the government going broke, etc. Some end up thinking about nothing else for their entire lives. Family, friends, socializing---all take a back seat to their finances. So does religion: money becomes their Deity. To them, money becomes the measure of everything in the world. It's almost scary how distorted their reality becomes.

BIG RED
01-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the board Bob....................can you spare a few bucks I'd be happy to pay you teusday?