PDA

View Full Version : World record attempt

ceejay
06-21-2001, 08:28 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/29379.html

Hallowed Dreams' trainer is predicting a world record for 5F Turf (if Firm). Any thoughts?

smf
06-22-2001, 12:34 AM
She's been training awfully well, Ceejay. Could happen.

I think she travelled in 46 and change again a few days ago and as you know, at EVD that's freakish.

I used to be the biggest basher of HD's connections, but DFW is a big airport and the planes "fly both ways" as Romero said. No one wanted to face her on Memorial Day, it's that simple. The fact that Romero suffered a seizure after the race gives credence to the "excuse" that he doesn't want to ship far off from Louisiana/ home b/c of health reasons.

In that last race she was awesome. Sly c/h asked for a lot more outta HD in the stretch.

I've come to grips w/ the fact that Gaspard and Romero are examples of the fact that if "our" betting money wasn't there, the game would still go on. They'd race for peanuts as hard as they w/ for 100k. It's the competition that drives a lot of these people.

Can't wait to see her again, myself.

smf
06-22-2001, 04:14 AM
Ceejay,

If I may, I'd like to add a couple of things...

First, like Frank sez, a win isn't guaranteed. Argentina Ave won't get it done tho. 'Sonny' won't dare to beat his old man in this one. If he does, he might as well ship off to Retama or Remington and forget about LaD. An arss whuppin w/b in store. <g>

Sweet and Firm is a different story. I was at the paddock with GR1 and his girlfriend for the Memorial Day race and mentioned that Sweet and Firm was a damn tank; Not many fillies have the look she gave that day. Not much different from Hallowed Dreams. If she (sweet/ firm) still has the "look", the resulting speed duel c/b what puts HD out of the winner's circle. She's way underrated, imo.

I'm also a little concerned Romero would mention a record b/c he wanted the FG record for 6f last spring. What resulted was Sly whipping HD to the line trying to get the record, which she tied. (set by her daddy, Malagra). I hate to see a sprinter get whipped like that just to get some silly-assed record, but that's his "goal" for HD I guess.

Tom
06-22-2001, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by ceejay
http://www.drf.com/news/article/29379.html

Hallowed Dreams' trainer is predicting a world record for 5F Turf (if Firm). Any thoughts?

There is a question on another thread about why can human athletes put together long win streaks and horses don't ot the same extent-this might be one reason-no longer focusing on winnin a race-looking to run horse into the ground trying to do something that is 100% absolutely unimportant. Time for this guy to get a reality check. Hope she is smart enough not to cooperate this time.
Tom