PDA

View Full Version : Polytrack Sires

Shacopate
01-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Gathering a list in order to crush the upcoming Keeneland meet. I've done some research and Val offered these; Grand Slam, Running Stag and Catienus. I trust his opinions. Another poster added: Tale of the Cat, Rubiano, Elusive Quality, Peaks and Valleys, Sefapiano, Slew City Slew, Fusaichi Pegasus and Real Quiet.

Here's a link to some more.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/news/article.cgi?id=6153

bigmack
01-19-2007, 02:57 AM
Pretty early to get a real handle on things. I'd spend more time looking at other factors than POP (Pedigree on Poly)

Shacopate
01-19-2007, 03:11 AM
Such as? Not trying to be aloof, but my MO is clear; crush the baby races with info not yet available to the betting public.

BIG49010
01-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Why waste your time, bet who ever Jill Byrne likes on TVG, she is the best with babies at Keeneland.

Cesario!
01-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Gathering a list in order to crush the upcoming Keeneland meet. I've done some research and Val offered these; Grand Slam, Running Stag and Catienus. I trust his opinions. Another poster added: Tale of the Cat, Rubiano, Elusive Quality, Peaks and Valleys, Sefapiano, Slew City Slew, Fusaichi Pegasus and Real Quiet.

Such as? Not trying to be aloof, but my MO is clear; crush the baby races with info not yet available to the betting public.

Hate to break it to you, but seems like you're both a little late and a little early. Knowledge like this would disseminate fairly quickly into the hands of smart bettors who control the bulk of the pools.

Perceived informational advantages are overrated -- just like in the stock market.

dccprez
01-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Word I Heard (see, it rhymes!) is look for good crossover sires who produce both good either/or runners (dirt and turf ).

For what that's worth...

tholl
01-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Hate to break it to you, but seems like you're both a little late and a little early. Knowledge like this would disseminate fairly quickly into the hands of smart bettors who control the bulk of the pools.

Perceived informational advantages are overrated -- just like in the stock market.

It's just another piece of the puzzle. Just last night I liked Mylilmoneymaker in the 8th at Turfway--only question was whether he would like the Polytrack. Seeing his sire is winning at over 22% on the surface suggested he would, and he did.

The top 5 sires so far that have had over 50 starts on poly by % are: Honour And Glory, Slew City Slew, Mr. Greeley, Rubiano, and Belong To Me.

As important are those that do not like the surface. The bottom 5 sires that have had over 50 starts on Poly are Siphon, Alphabet Soup, Mazel Trick, Best Of Luck and Crafty Friend.

It is too early to base concrete decisions on this; I expect that Alphabet Soup (being by Cozzene who has done well) will turn out okay on Poly. eventually.

Robert Fischer
01-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Run a search in this forum and you will bring up various recent charts, lists, documents and commentary for AWT sires and the Keeneland meet in particular.

46zilzal
01-19-2007, 11:11 AM

VERY "iffy" correlation since we know these courses are very different.

linrom1
01-19-2007, 05:44 PM

Almost everything by Mr.Prospector as Grand Sire, Deputy Minister, Pettionville, Souvenir Copy, Real Quiet, Gone West. These are for cushion track at Hollywood ONLY.