PDA

View Full Version : Petition REPEAL anti internet gambling

AwolAtPA
01-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Wed 17 Jan 2007

the petition site can be googled for:

gamblingrightsamerica

I have signed the petition and hope that others will join this fight.

Duane Frunz

I am posting my legal name because I want publc record that I have signed this petition!

----

cj
01-17-2007, 10:05 PM
I would not recommend accepting the download, it is an executable file.

JustRalph
01-18-2007, 02:54 AM
Website is registered out of Israel

Registrant Name:Cyhawk Ltd.
Registrant Organization:Cyhawk Ltd.
Registrant Street1:39 Hamasger Street
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Tel Aviv
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code:67214
Registrant Country:IL

Hosshead
01-18-2007, 05:14 AM
You mean Pinny shut out Israel too ?
Must be those Israeli Whales behind this. :eek:

ryesteve
01-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Don't these Israelis know that all this gambling money is being used to fund middle eastern terrorists? :rolleyes:

AwolAtPA
01-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Thr 18 Jan 7

yes, I am VERY embarassed!!

PA: please edit my original message to remove the link but leave the reference to Gambler Rights America. That is, not censored but allow others who want to check out the pitch can Google the name to read the pitch!

JustRalph: THANK YOU and will you tell me how you confirm the site registration information.

CJ: Thank you for the advise about the EXE download. I had planned to do a system restore point and scan the EXE before installing. Now, I will not even install the set up program and HOPE that a system restore will remove any potential trojan or other stuff that this APPARENT scammer web site may have put on by system when I registered for the '..petition..'!!

------------------
I plan to send an email to the founder of Gamblers Rights America to hear WHY they are based in Israel. I will suggest that they buy ad space here at Pace Advantage as part of the (expected) denial that they are legitimate. Then, see what PA can learn about this site!

----------------
I have found another site that is APPARENTLY on the road of confronting the law makers about this obnoxious law. However, I do not want to risk a second embarassing event but hope that others will find a way to take some action instead of just complaining.

aaah, what about NTRA taking up the fight?

--------------------

again, thank you JustRalph

duane

Zman179
01-19-2007, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't sign the petition anyway, the ban saves me money.

Thank you US Government for protecting me from myself! :bang:

JustRalph
01-20-2007, 12:44 AM
do a "whois" check from any of a ton of websites........... type in the website name and it tells you who it is registered to. Some are companies fronting other operations........but very often you can learn something from it.

PaceAdvantage
01-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Wasn't this just a BS site designed to spread viruses and/or spyware?

BillW
01-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Wasn't this just a BS site designed to spread viruses and/or spyware?

It looks legit to me, but I can't really tell - I'm not running windows. :confused:

PaceAdvantage
01-20-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm always very suspicious of sites originating from places other than the USA. Plus, someone said there was an .exe download?

I didn't click on the link (for obvious reasons)....if it's a legit site, then I apologize...

BillW
01-20-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm always very suspicious of sites originating from places other than the USA. Plus, someone said there was an .exe download?

I didn't click on the link (for obvious reasons)....if it's a legit site, then I apologize...

Your suspicions are well placed (i.e. don't take my word for it :) ) Not running windows, I can open it up and read the text but have no way of knowing if there is anything evil lurking underneath.

trying2win
01-21-2007, 04:22 AM
do a "whois" check from any of a ton of websites........... type in the website name and it tells you who it is registered to. Some are companies fronting other operations........but very often you can learn something from it.

Ralph,

I'm trying to learn something new here. Could you or someone else elaborate on where one would type in a website name in order to find out who it's registered to etc. In the URL space...in a GOOGLE search or ???

Thanks,

T2W

cj
01-21-2007, 07:19 AM
T2W:

Try this: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

linrom1
01-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Spammers

JustRalph
01-21-2007, 01:08 PM
T2W:

Try this: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

CJ's link is what you are looking for. There are others. Some ISP's provide this service also. I use one at a couple of different places. There are other options allover the net. Don't ever let someone ask you to pay for it though. Some places try to make a buck on it..........