PDA

View Full Version : A.I.

PlanB
01-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Are many of you watching IDOL? its so fun tonight.

bigmack
01-16-2007, 09:39 PM
You've got to be kidding. I'm too riddled with guilt as an American to be watching such frivolity. You should be ashamed of yourself. Bow your head in shame as you choose such a dalliance with your time while you are responsible for pain & suffering in this world.

Talk about blinkers on. Put the whole hood on and get it over with.

lsbets
01-16-2007, 10:02 PM
We have local musicians play at my place every Saturday and have an open mic night on Tuesdays. Its not unusual for me to feel like I'm watching the American Idol auditions.

chickenhead
01-16-2007, 10:32 PM
"I wanna go home with the Armadillas...."

be careful, I might show up to do my country set.
(I'll hand out free pomegranates to all the kiddies afterwards).

46zilzal
01-16-2007, 10:44 PM
look what happens to one of their rejects!

Dave Schwartz
01-17-2007, 12:03 AM

:lol: :lol:

JustRalph
01-17-2007, 01:06 AM
You've got to be kidding. I'm too riddled with guilt as an American to be watching such frivolity. You should be ashamed of yourself. Bow your head in shame as you choose such a dalliance with your time while you are responsible for pain & suffering in this world.

You having a bad day Mack? Don't you think that you were a little hard on Planb? Give me a break. Oh yeah, BTW, turn off the news. Obviously you are being damaged by it. Gain a little perspective.

I DVR'ed it. Watched it with the wife when she got home after her 14 hour day. Quick pizza pick-up and a fun way to end a long day. I too think it is fun to watch. The real loser on tonights show was Prince. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
01-17-2007, 01:39 AM
You having a bad day Mack? Don't you think that you were a little hard on Planb? Give me a break. Oh yeah, BTW, turn off the news. Obviously you are being damaged by it. Gain a little perspective.

Blame it on the medium. Mack was having fun with PlanB....I think....

bigmack
01-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Blame it on the medium. Mack was having fun with PlanB....I think....
You bet your sweet bippy I was. (what's a bippy?)

JustRalph
01-17-2007, 02:49 AM

come on mack...........use a smilie every now and then :blush: :bang:

Secretariat
01-17-2007, 11:08 AM
A.I...ugh...would rather watch a Bush Press Conference.

Lefty
01-17-2007, 06:41 PM
look what happens to one of their rejects!
Reject? She wasn't a reject. She competed until voted off by the public. She has a great voice and went a long way. But, there can be only 1 winner. She's no reject.

46zilzal
01-17-2007, 06:46 PM
if I called the border around this web site green, you would disagree. What else is new?

word works for me:
1 a : to refuse to accept, consider, submit to, take for some purpose, or use <rejected the suggestion> <reject a manuscript> b : to refuse to hear, receive, or admit : REBUFF, REPEL <parents who reject their children> c : to refuse as lover or spouse
2 obsolete : to cast off
3 : THROW BACK, REPULSE

rrpic6
01-17-2007, 06:51 PM
The topic is A. I. Where's the discussion of Allen Iverson? Try to stay on topic boys.

Lefty
01-17-2007, 06:59 PM
if I called the border around this web site green, you would disagree. What else is new?

word works for me:
1 a : to refuse to accept, consider, submit to, take for some purpose, or use <rejected the suggestion> <reject a manuscript> b : to refuse to hear, receive, or admit : REBUFF, REPEL <parents who reject their children> c : to refuse as lover or spouse
2 obsolete : to cast off
3 : THROW BACK, REPULSE
No, Mr. Wiseguy, but you want to hold others to a high standard of speech so if you can't stand scrutiny yourself, just too friggin bad.

banacek
01-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Are many of you watching IDOL? its so fun tonight.

Plan B. I only saw the guy at the end with the raspy voice. Sang a hard rock song. Simon told him to sing an Abba song - same voice. Then he sang Copacabana by Barry Manilow, same voice. That was funny.

PlanB
01-17-2007, 07:21 PM
I laughed my A off. Later that night ~12 or so, I was still thinking about that piece & just started singing OH MANDY. Randy's gotten surlier. (I can do a mean Dancing Q.)

banacek
01-17-2007, 07:25 PM
I laughed my A off. Later that night ~12 or so, I was still thinking about that piece & just started singing OH MANDY. Randy's gotten surlier. (I can do a mean Dancing Q.)

Paula looked like she was on something, didn't she? Looked horrible.

PlanB
01-17-2007, 07:42 PM
YES. But I hate that and I just really like her spirit. I'm rooting for her.

Tom
01-17-2007, 09:18 PM

Look it up in your Funk&Wagnels. :lol:

Dave Schwartz
01-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Okay, so I have never seen an American Idol episode.

Until tonight.

I've watched about 30 minutes of the tryouts in Seattle.

Are these people for real? I mean, they are absolute freaks!

Look - I cannot sing a lick... I am totally musically challenged...

My mother once told me that not only could I not carry a tune, I couldn't even push it.

Once she said that my music ability was so weak that I could barely play the radio.

Get it? I am a horrible singer! And I am better than some of these idiots! (Okay, I'm almost as good.)

Dave

dav4463
01-18-2007, 01:42 AM
oops, I thought this was an Allen Iverson thread !

JustRalph
01-18-2007, 02:46 AM
Paula looked like she was on something, didn't she? Looked horrible.

Paula is on something. It is well known that she takes pain meds and steroids for a chronic pain condition. So depending on the dosage (she takes shots) one day she might look a little more loopy than another.

She seemed fine tonight.

Lefty
01-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Dave, don't give up on this show. They start out showing a lot of freaks(cause that's mostly what they get)but after they get to Hollywood, and especially when they pare it dn to final 12, you will see some real talent. This show has discovered some gems such as Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken and Carrie Underwood, and many others.

Dave Schwartz
01-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Lefty,

I have to admit that I was stunned by the insensitivity to these people.

Many of the contestants were clearly social misfits. People with freakish looks and absolutely no talent. (If it is possible, many had worse than no talent.)

Many had an exaggerated sense of self. Like the woman who said she had always been hot. Not only was she not hot, she was physically repulsive.

I am convinced that they came for the tryout because they really thought they had talent and had a chance to be a star.

In my opinion, in is unconscionable to put such a person on TV and ridicule them. I find the thought of doing this for ratings/profit repugnant.

And some of the guys looked like potential axe murderers! I would not be surprised if one of these days one of these freaks goes berserk after the tryout and starts killing people; maybe even one of the judges.

Dave

46zilzal
01-18-2007, 01:49 PM
American Idol: Don't You Wish You Had A President, Just Like Me? by Jerry Politex
As I watched "American Idol" last night, I thought of George Bush. One after the other, these young people, who couldn't sing to save their souls, proudly told America that they were the next American Idol, only to be given three thumbs down, larded by insults from the judges.....

If anything represents the triumph of misplaced American optimism in the face of a negative reality, this was it. Except George Bush's belief that Iraq and his surge toward dictatorship will be his positive legacies. Compared to the grotesque ugliness of George Bush and his plans, the woman on "American Idol" was a beautiful realist.

njcurveball
01-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Many of the contestants were clearly social misfits. People with freakish looks and absolutely no talent. (If it is possible, many had worse than no talent.)

Dave,

For someone who has professed to never watching the show you figured out these people did not belong. I personally hate these shows. And we often find out that some of the "geeks" were really actors or radio people just wanting to get some face time.

Don't take all of the contestants at face value. Many ARE Actors and NOT singers. The Producers put them through to get the "cooler talk" the next day.

For those that are completely innocent and actually think they can sing, it is a terrible thing. And what right do the judges have to tell they cannot, since THEIR OWN producers sent many good singers home to get them in front of the judges.

If you want to see real singing, wait till next month. These shows are like watching a field of maiden claimers at Charles Town.

Jim

Lefty
01-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Prob the best thing that can happen to the no talents is to be told bluntly they have no talent. If this prgm didn't, in the end, come up with some very talented people, who otherwise wouldn't be discovered, i'd agree with you. But in the end, they'll come up with some gems.
Hey, way way back they had the Major Bowes talent show and they actually gave people the hook.

Lefty
01-18-2007, 06:58 PM
46, your hatred for Bush and conservatism goes so deep, you can't even respond to a thread that has nothing to do with politics without injecting your venom.

46zilzal
01-18-2007, 07:01 PM
46, your hatred for Bush and conservatism goes so deep, you can't even respond to a thread that has nothing to do with politics without injecting your venom.
nope Jerry Politex noted that similarity (American Idol reality vs wishful thinking) and I posted it.

bigmack
01-18-2007, 07:23 PM
nope Jerry Politex noted that similarity (American Idol reality vs wishful thinking) and I posted it.
OK - Alright - We get it.

When you're obsessed with something I trust you can find anything that will lead to a thread topic.

Give us all a break 46 - Give it a long rest. We've got your position.

You're in freakin' Canada man. Get the hell over it.

Or, do you like to play this game?
http://www.getsmileyface.com/sm/obscene/eck06.gif

JustRalph
01-18-2007, 07:23 PM

once again you wasted bandwidth and time on your stupid crap............

46zilzal
01-18-2007, 07:43 PM
more and more people recognize his position for what it is: FANTASY

chickenhead
01-18-2007, 07:45 PM
this thread is not about GW tho 46......

46zilzal
01-18-2007, 07:46 PM
this thread is not about GW tho 46......
I know it is about American Idol. Posted a comparison another fellow made between the rutabaga and AI.

Tom
01-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey 46 - STFU and stop polluting threads with your pitiful excuse for an opinon.

NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK.

bigmack
01-18-2007, 07:52 PM
I know it is about American Idol. Posted a comparison another fellow made between the rutabaga and AI.
Ya know, I stupidly defended you once for highjackin' a thread and I regret it.

You have really become a menace - Don't you see that?

Even people that agree with you are tired of your routine.

It's enough already!

dav4463
01-20-2007, 12:07 AM
AI vs. LeBron tonight. Nuggets up by 24 in 3rd quarter. LeBron has 17, Iverson 14 right now!

PaceAdvantage
01-20-2007, 04:40 AM
Yup, I can hear the black van with Gov't plates pulling up to 46's house now, black helicopters with no markings hovering over his rooftop in "whisper" mode....

It won't be long now....

Tom
01-20-2007, 11:21 AM
more and more people recognize his position for what it is: FANTASY

Name them.
All of them.

Secretariat
09-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Hey 46 - STFU and stop polluting threads with your pitiful excuse for an opinon.

NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK.

TOS Violation Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greyfox
09-06-2007, 08:09 PM
My God Sec, you're too bright a person to be spending your time digging up archeological chards from dead threads. Time to evaluate what you're meaning of life is, me thinks.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2007, 09:53 PM

Do you really want them enforced in a Machiavellian style? If so, most of your friends would be gone.

Tom
09-06-2007, 11:12 PM

January 18 !!!!?!?!?
You had to go back 8 months to find that?
Talk about desperate.

Whoa Boy! :lol::lol::lol:

Yup. That's once.

PA and EVERYONE....I APOLOGIZE for the gutter language.
It will never happen again.

Hcap.......?
Your turn.

(Sec - what I said about you in another thread......I guess I was wrong. Sorry about that, too. I will never hold you to a higher standard again. I really thought you were better than that. )