PDA

View Full Version : SA MON

SAL
01-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Picks for Santa Anita Monday:

R1 - #5 I Can’t Know-Bred for route distance. Didn’t run badly on turf in debut, where he didn’t lose any ground in a fast final quarter sprinting. Should move up here.

R2 - #6 Belknap - Has run competitive figs with this group, and should benefit from the ML favorite getting pressure from the runner in the 2 hole.

R3 – Pass. ML fav looks tough.

R4 - #2 Clarence Beeks-Should benefit from an honest pace in here. Should be in a good spot, gets blinks today.

R5 - #6 Polish Quest – Barn does well with runners shortening up. Should be a major player in this group.

R6 - #5 St. Wager-Didn’t run badly in first run for new barn. Further improvement will put her in the hunt here at a decent price.

R7 - #2 Brought It – Should prove to be a worthy claim in this heat. Barn doesn’t do too badly with the stretchout move. Should be a good price here.

R8 - #1 Jump On In-Looks tough here. Razor sharp and training like a champ. Will be well supported though.

R9 - #8 Ridingwiththeking-Threw in a rare uncompetitive performance in last one. Could be that he didn’t care for the HOL turf course. I’ll give him another shot with probably very decent odds.

Ron
01-15-2007, 07:06 PM
I like #2 Sekira in the 8th. She gets a good spot outside the favorite and may like the cushion. Win/place on the 2 and an ex box 1,2.

FoxTrot
01-15-2007, 07:23 PM
may like the cushion.
What cushion?

mattcooke
01-16-2007, 01:03 AM
no cushion at SA ... yet...

cj
01-16-2007, 01:25 AM
I like #2 Sekira in the 8th. She gets a good spot outside the favorite and may like the cushion. Win/place on the 2 and an ex box 1,2.

No snappy one line replies here Ron?