PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans: Thank you Zebras..

JPinMaryland
01-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Anyone look closely at all those penalties? Glad I did not bet money on this one. There were two very questionable holding calls on the Saints second scoring drive in the 3rd quarter. One was declined. THen on the Eagles drive that marched to the 3 yd. line and settled for a FG, earlier Garcia had a 22 yd. run wiped out by a very ticky tack hold. ANd possibly worst of all, from the 13 yard line they pitched to Dupay who carried to w/in inches of the first down, but the ball was marked on the 4. Bad spot.

The holding call w/ 2 min. left that wiped out the completion on 4th down: that was legit. But the rest of it looked real ifffy/bad.

To be sure, I think Reid made some mistakes too. Settling for the FG after getting to the 3, turned out to be the biggest. The out pass on 3rd down, lost yardage and made it 4/goal from the 9. They could have gone for it from there on 4th... Then w/ 2 min. left and 4th/15 they punt. They hadnt prevented NO from getting a first down the entire half.

In the 3rd quarter there was a fumble at mid field that NO recovered to keep that drive alive. Philly player looked frozen for an instant, another big play as that was the TD that put them ahead.

What did YOU see?

dylbert
01-14-2007, 01:09 PM
JP, did I see what? Saints beat Beagles! No need for post-game microscope... final score, Saints 27, Bagels 24.

Guess Eagles will start QB controversy early? McNabb vs. Garcia... LOL

Go Seahawks -- so Saints get one more home game before Miami!

Zman179
01-14-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't know about all of you, but I find that I cannot enjoy a sporting event if I have money riding on it.

A game with inconsistent refereeing would only double the pain.

JPinMaryland
01-14-2007, 01:31 PM
I should point out that if you did have money on Philly you would be happy because they won w/ the pts...I think.

SO much for Kiper's theory that you just pick the team to win and ignore the pts. NOt that I trust Kiper on handicapping, but it's a topic that came up earlier this year.

skate
01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
it is pretty much a common fact., points do not usually come into play.

lately, not true.

but, nice game by NO, offensive line was real strrong. good balance overall.

go saints.