PDA

View Full Version : Colts v Ravens: Very Intriguing Matchup

Shacopate
01-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Alot of ill will is still harbored by Baltimore residents. Their new Colts (Ravens) get a chance to knock the Irsay Colts out of the playoffs. That midnight Mayflower truck took much more than equipment when it left under the cover of darkness.

The new world and the old world collide.

Best Offense v Best Defense.

This should be fun to watch.

cj
01-13-2007, 04:20 AM
Old Colts, 1 Super Bowl.
Ravens, 1 Super Bowl.
Baltimore Stallions, 1 Grey Cup.
Baltimore Stars, 1 USFL Title.

Fake Colts, ZERO Super Bowls. Priceless.

Shacopate
01-13-2007, 04:28 AM
Exactly,

This is why it's the game of the year in my opinion. Old grudges die hard.

OTM Al
01-13-2007, 07:27 AM
I saw a piece on this Baltimore grudge and found it somewhat ironic in the fact that no one seemed to have complained about basically stealing a team away from Cleveland in much the same way as the Colts were stolen away from them. Also not a single person interviewed laid the blame where it belonged, with the NFL itself. As well run as the NFL has supposed to have been over the last several years, the movement of teams has been ridiculous and the fact that there still isn't a team in the 2nd biggest media market in the country is a complete joke.

cj
01-13-2007, 07:38 AM
I saw a piece on this Baltimore grudge and found it somewhat ironic in the fact that no one seemed to have complained about basically stealing a team away from Cleveland in much the same way as the Colts were stolen away from them. Also not a single person interviewed laid the blame where it belonged, with the NFL itself. As well run as the NFL has supposed to have been over the last several years, the movement of teams has been ridiculous and the fact that there still isn't a team in the 2nd biggest media market in the country is a complete joke.

I do agree the NFL is to blame. However, there were many people in Baltimore that were against getting the Browns. I was not one of them however, as the NFL found it more important to get franchises in Jacksonville and Carolina than in Baltimore. It is pretty obvious now Baltimore was a better choice.

I also don't remember many fans outside of Baltimore, and this includes Cleveland, really giving a damn about what happened with the Colts. Apathy is probably the word that fits best, and that is what I feel towards Cleveland. I do feel somewhat sorry for them in that they are now stuck with a pathetic team.

RBrowning
01-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Let's get something straight here.

First....if you have a team and it's last name is Browns....you are in big trouble.

Baltimore loves stealing teams named Browns.They've done it twice now.

Now I really hate saying this,but I can't see the Colts beating the Ravens today.It's not because I like anything about Baltimore either....because I don't.

CJ being their biggest shill is probably the prime reason for that.

Cleveland has 9 world football titles....and that's just football.

Let's see what the Belgium Bushwhacker has to say about that.

cj
01-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Let's get something straight here.

First....if you have a team and it's last name is Browns....you are in big trouble.

Baltimore loves stealing teams named Browns.They've done it twice now.

Now I really hate saying this,but I can't see the Colts beating the Ravens today.It's not because I like anything about Baltimore either....because I don't.

CJ being their biggest shill is probably the prime reason for that.

Cleveland has 9 world football titles....and that's just football.

Let's see what the Belgium Bushwhacker has to say about that.

I believe this thread is restricted to fans of professional football teams. Please respect our privacy.

RBrowning
01-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Well I've got to give major kudos for not darting me.

( big deal)

Your being a Colt fan makes it easy to understand why you would desire to keep it private.

( I knew he would dodge the issue on those 9 titles.)

I promise to also keep private your savage worship of Brother Derek.

( Boy....I'm really going to get it from his Dad when he reads this.)

cj
01-13-2007, 02:21 PM
I didn't realize the Buckeyes had won 9 times, but I do agree they are basically professional as the whole Clarrett thing proved.

If it happened before 1967, doesn't count for me.

Jim Who?

As for horses, I only have one favorite...the 1. Do they really have names?

RBrowning
01-13-2007, 02:45 PM
I said the Browns have 9 fb titles.

Stop skimming my posts.

Good one on the names thing.

I don't put a whole lot into the names either.....only on rare occasion.

cj
01-13-2007, 02:50 PM
I said the Browns have 9 fb titles.

Actually, you didn't.

If they were a horse, they would be called the 4, at the finish.

RBrowning
01-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Oh...I did'nt . Yes..Cleveland has 9 titles.

You may be on to me.

The Ravens are drugged.

Next time out they will lose and then skip next year.

BIG RED
01-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Man is this Colts game boring :sleeping:

JimG
01-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Man is this Colts game boring :sleeping:

Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Being a "throwback" football fan of sorts, I enjoy a good defensive game.

Jim

RBrowning
01-13-2007, 08:16 PM
I think both teams should move.

Boy.....nothing like winning 13 and gaining home field only to light it up for 2 field goals.

They lost 5 field goals to 2.

Apparently a soccer game broke out somewheres in the middle.

CJ must be savagely destroying Raven Regalia and memorabilia.

Dave Schwartz
01-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Gotta agree with Jim G here.

Although it would have been nice to see a score or two, a tight game to the wire is always preferable to an open game with lots of scoring. (Unless you bet "over.")

Dave

dccprez
01-14-2007, 03:29 AM
One of

the WORST

playoff games

EVER.

Yet another playoff gem from Peyton "Big Game" Manning.

Shacopate
01-14-2007, 03:48 AM
A little bit of a letdown game wise, but the Ravens beat themselves.

The feild position given up by special teams early, the pick on 3rd and goal, and definitely the two interceptions that Ray Lewis cost his secondary. But still, the Colts never found the end zone.

Tough loss.

cj
01-14-2007, 04:46 AM
A putrid offensive display.

I said to my wife before the interception on 3rd and Goal at the 4, just don't try to throw it to Heap. The whole world knows you are going to try to force it to Heap. Anyone but Heap. Apparently Billick couldn't hear me.

Back to my usual playoff hopes...anybody but the Colts. I'm not very worried.

BIG RED
01-14-2007, 05:47 AM
Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Being a "throwback" football fan of sorts, I enjoy a good defensive game.

Jim

Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy those games too. But, did you expect to see one this time? I remember the Vikings and the Bears in freezing weather, grinding it out, blowing smoke from thier lungs. Great games, but those days are far and few between.
Ravens fans must be crushed considering thier defense 'stopped' Indy from thier usually offense. Don't feel to bad, I would hate to be a Denver fan! :D

Pace Cap'n
01-14-2007, 07:34 AM
How about the first half, almost a minute left, Ravens have the ball near midfield, and run out the clock making no effort to even get in field goal range. Gutless.

Murph
01-14-2007, 08:05 AM
How about the first half, almost a minute left, Ravens have the ball near midfield, and run out the clock making no effort to even get in field goal range. Gutless.The Baltimore fans roundly booed their team off the field at halftime. Ravens players came out of the game the same as they went into it - big talking losers. The only pain I saw was on the faces of the Ravens "tough guy" linebackers.

Both teams got exactly what they deserved and so did their supporters.

Murph

JimG
01-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy those games too. But, did you expect to see one this time? I remember the Vikings and the Bears in freezing weather, grinding it out, blowing smoke from thier lungs. Great games, but those days are far and few between.
Ravens fans must be crushed considering thier defense 'stopped' Indy from thier usually offense. Don't feel to bad, I would hate to be a Denver fan! :D

With this era's NFL rules I rarely expect a low scoring game. The NFL game has changed much over the years to more reflect a college-type game. Given the replies in this thread and the money and popularity the NFL enjoys, they did the right thing opening up the rules to allow for more scoring. I am certainly in the minority enjoying the NFL of the 70's more than the NFL of today. But I still watch.

Jim

JPinMaryland
01-14-2007, 01:25 PM
There are some fantastic games that had much scoring. SUper Bowl XII Steelers/Cowboys 35-31; that was up and down the field but not too many discernible "mistakes." I mean there are probably mistakes on every play but not of the sort of turnovers and such that are easy to point to.

Last years BCS was pretty good, I thought. And the Paterno/Bowden bowl last year was good. There are lots of high scoring games that are great. THe best college I ever saw was that VaTech vs...Miami I guess that went down to the last play where the guy was stopped 6" short of goal.