PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi pork?

Tom
01-12-2007, 06:47 PM
American Samoa is EXEPMT from the new min wage bill.
The major employer there is a tuna company, whose parent company is located in Pelosi's district.
Hmmmmmmmm.

methinks the bitch packs pork.

And Barney Frank - little hitler? Refusing to allow duly elected elected representatives to even ask question about it?

The NAZI movement is back and alive in the dem party, for sure.
Little Adolph has a gavel in hand, and lord knows what PAGE he is on!

And Bad-ass Boxer - what a piece of work. Her low attack on Copndy Rice only confirms what we have known about HER for a long time. Real classy broad - a Rosie wanna-be. A real waste of skin.

And not even 100 hours into the rule of the garbage party.

BTW, breaking nes tonight -it is now a PROVEN fact that many voting machines did not meet federal standards. BEFORE the electionl this was a particularly hot topic amoung the floowers of the slugs on this board. Strangley silent now. SEC, baby - how come you whined about this almost daily, now not a word???????

I'll be the first to say it - the election was stolen. The dems are occuppying the congress illegally.

BIG RED
01-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Polisi Pork, thighs?

Dan Montilion
01-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Pelosi pork? No thank you, but thanks for the invite. I think I can do a bit better, even an hour after last call.

Secretariat
01-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Tom,

You're too much. The House has accomplished more in a week than the do nothing Repub Congress for the last six years. Ethics Reforms, Earmarks, Medicare Reform (making the actual drug companies negotiate for lower prices), Minimum Wage (they cleaned up the Mariannas Delay-Abramoff mess, and eventually American Samoa will be dealt with).

Might GW veto some of this. Of course, and let him explain to the american people why he does. He may even go lower in the polls than Nixon after Watergate.

And good for Franks if he did that. After the Delay act I hope they have little patience for GOP BS they'd had to endure for the last 12 years.

And I'm not strangely silent on voting machines. I've been for paper trails when you were whining they weren't needed. Are you now changing your tune?

luv_america
01-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Tom,

The Dems are just showing us who they are. This is a good thing. After this mess, power will most probably swing back our way. When we get it back, we will have learned a lesson and given with a conservative mandate. In the meantime, lets just watch the kook show.

What the Dems are doing to protest the latest proposal by the President to prosecute this war properly (finally!!) is gonna sink them badly. Americans are not losers, even though Kennedy and the clan are taking us there. They are badly misreading the American people's wishes.

Secretariat
01-12-2007, 08:48 PM
They are badly misreading the American people's wishes.

That is why they swept to the Senate and House, and why 70% of the American people think Bush is wrong on Iraq. Yep, sounds like they're reading the American people wrong. Good joke.

46zilzal
01-12-2007, 08:49 PM
They are badly misreading the American people's wishes.
you are joking of course

BIG RED
01-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Tom,

The Dems are just showing us who they are. This is a good thing. After this mess, power will most probably swing back our way. When we get it back, we will have learned a lesson and given with a conservative mandate. In the meantime, lets just watch the kook show.

What the Dems are doing to protest the latest proposal by the President to prosecute this war properly (finally!!) is gonna sink them badly. Americans are not losers, even though Kennedy and the clan are taking us there. They are badly misreading the American people's wishes.

I think the conservative days are done!

We will not see anymore? We will be told they are, but, not are.

JustRalph
01-12-2007, 08:59 PM
you guys are a hoot.............

lsbets
01-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Let's see - Pelosi screws the workers in America Samoa and Sec says its a good thing. Reid covers for lobbyists and Sec says its a good thing. Man this is funny. The Dems are just as corrupt as the Reps were, which surprises virtually no one, except for a few notable kool aid drinkers.

rrpic6
01-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Its a beautiful thing to see all you Right-wingers sticking up for the Working Man! Keep up the good works. Maybe a trip to Samoa to Unionize those tunapackers is in your future?

http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/AS/sec5.htm

Tom
01-12-2007, 10:48 PM
There they go - the dems, lockstep beind the fearless leaders, Sec carrying the Kool Aid pitcher. One for all and all in vain! :lol:
This "culture of corruption" is a cancer.
Funny what a difference a month makes. :lol:

Pelosi....the other white meat!

kenwoodallpromos
01-12-2007, 10:54 PM
First libs are crying because Bush rewards his base; now Neo-cons are crying because the Dem are rewarding their base, and both are destroying the middle class.
Let's see now, why do I vote 3rd party? LOL!!
As far as Boxer, She just eliminated Obama, Clinton, and Edwards from running for Pres!

Secretariat
01-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Let's see - Pelosi screws the workers in America Samoa and Sec says its a good thing. Reid covers for lobbyists and Sec says its a good thing. Man this is funny. The Dems are just as corrupt as the Reps were, which surprises virtually no one, except for a few notable kool aid drinkers.

The Repubs have been screwing the workers in the Mariannas, American Samoa, and every state of the union for the last six years, and now when the Dem's begin to do something about it they whine - American Samoa. Too, too much. :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw.. where have I ever said Reid covers for lobbyist? Go back to your nothing will happen to Tom Delay fantasy.

ljb
01-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Can't we all just get along ? :lol: :lol:
I have not seen this much crying by grown men in a lifetime. Get over it fellows, your neocon plan was a failure. We are now heading in the direction of an America of ALL the people. It will take some time and require vigorous action, but we can do it. Have you all contacted your Senators regarding the earmark bill ?

Tom
01-13-2007, 10:35 AM
ljb, we are just trying to live up to the standards YOU helped set!:D

Do you really think input from non-lobbyists ( read: big bucks vs no bucks) will sway anyone in either party? Hope youare correct, but I do not think either side knows/cares what we think. The two major issues in DC now are:

1. repubs getting power back
2. dems keeping power.

You and I are only a couple of votes to be hoodwinked. Sad.

chickenhead
01-13-2007, 12:31 PM
when are you guys going to figure it out...the problem isn't the democrats or republicans....it's the incumbents!

Tom
01-13-2007, 01:39 PM
If our founding fathers could see the obsolute disgrace we have made of thier country, they would be loading thier muskets.

Great idea - poor execution.

Tom
01-13-2007, 09:40 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01132007/postopinion/editorials/nancys_fishy_friends_editorials_.htm

Dej vus:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01092007/postopinion/editorials/the_pelosi_peril_editorials_.htm

PaceAdvantage
01-14-2007, 04:07 AM
He may even go lower in the polls than Nixon after Watergate.

And this is important because?

betchatoo
01-14-2007, 10:27 AM
And this is important because?
If his numbers stay down it will bring down the Republicans in the next election, too.

Suff
01-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Its a beautiful thing to see all you Right-wingers sticking up for the Working Man! Keep up the good works. Maybe a trip to Samoa to Unionize those tunapackers is in your future?

http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/AS/sec5.htm

I knew American Samoa was exempt from Minimum Wage law, and has been for 15 years. But it is a waste of time informing people.
Starkist, the other Tuna firm that's exempted is in a Republican district.

Chicken of the Sea is a subsidary of Del Monte. Del Monte a huge congolomerate is HQ'd in SF. They did'nt lobby Pelosi because the lobbyist would have cost more than the raises. The island only has a TOTAL of 5000 jobs to begin with. How many of those are Del Monte's is anyone's guess.

Tom
01-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Ah, yes. So what you gus are saying is, the dems are doing nothing differently than the pepubs did. Business as usual.
Uh, I thought your were guys were supposed to better?
And Suff...ONLY 5,000 jobs? So they don't count? Your concern is not with people either, I guess - just politics?

I knew this congress was going to be a joke, but lordy lordy lordy, it's not even week 3 yet! :lol::lol::lol:

Secretariat
01-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Ah, yes. So what you gus are saying is, the dems are doing nothing differently than the pepubs did. Business as usual.
Uh, I thought your were guys were supposed to better?
And Suff...ONLY 5,000 jobs? So they don't count? Your concern is not with people either, I guess - just politics?

I knew this congress was going to be a joke, but lordy lordy lordy, it's not even week 3 yet! :lol::lol::lol:

Uh Tom..the bill has not even reached GW's desk yet or passed the Senate. I'm glad you're concerned about the citizens of Amercian Samoa and the Mariannas. I've seen so many posts urging Repubs over the years to stop the forced abortions in the Mariannas, and the indentured slave situation there.

And yes, I agree with you and Nancy Pelosi that all territories shoudl be covered. Glad you're on board with this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/12/AR2007011201966.html

"I have asked the Education and Labor Committee, as they go forward with the legislation, to make sure that all of the territories have to comply with U.S. law on the minimum wage," Pelosi announced yesterday.

Pelosi aides said the committee would be asked to work toward having all territories use the same wage standard.

Tom
01-14-2007, 12:53 PM
AFTER the fact - when it made the news.
You see, Sec, the REAL Pelosi was slipping one through.
Q" Will the dems makae it cover al the illegal farm workers and meatpackers, too?

Hey Ralph - we got a cure for illegal aliens - let the dems start to take care of them! :lol::lol::lol:
And NO, I am not on board - the min wage increase is a terrible thing.

Secretariat
01-14-2007, 01:02 PM
AFTER the fact - when it made the news.
You see, Sec, the REAL Pelosi was slipping one through.
Q" Will the dems makae it cover al the illegal farm workers and meatpackers, too?

Hey Ralph - we got a cure for illegal aliens - let the dems start to take care of them! :lol::lol::lol:
And NO, I am not on board - the min wage increase is a terrible thing.

So what if it is after the fact? Who cares as long as it gets done? What did the Repubs do about it for the last six years? Nothing. If the Dems raise the minimum wage in 3 weeks it illustrates they care about working folk - whether Aemrican Samoa is amended later? By the way, why didn't the Repubs offer an amendment or speak o nthe floor during debate about this? they chose not to. Illustrative of their attmept to polticize a bill ridding the Mariannas of forced abortions, slavery, and indentured servants on our soil. no, they crided becasue their CEO friends wouldn't be making 300-400 more than average workers.

So now that Pelosi has pledged to include all territories, you've nothing to compain about.