PDA

View Full Version : land of the free ? ?

joeyspicks
01-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Freedom? What freedom ? ?

This whole pinnacle thing has got me ticked off! I'm not really very political...always been independent (ie republican ..not much choice really) because my basic core belief is keep government as small as possible and out of the private life of law abiding citizens.

Now our neighbors to the north as well as England and Ireland not only have legal wagering.....but freeking tax free wagering! (Talk about a lower "takeout" !!!!)

By what criteria are they tightening the screws. Are "they" protecting us ? ? Stop with the freedom talk while eroding what freedoms we have left. Why do we (as U.S. citizens) not have the same right to choose as our European & Canadian handicappers?

This isnt a handicapping issue.....but one that effects handicappers.

any thoughts?

kenwoodallpromos
01-12-2007, 05:19 PM
You have the freedom to spend your money in any manner that can be taxed.
If you remember reading about the stamp act and the Boston Tea party, look at a pack of cigarettes and tell me there is no tax stamp on it!
Here is the repeal os the liquor tax stamp- (tax remains!)
"http://www.ttb.gov/industry_circulars/archives/1984/industry_circular_84-06.pdf"

Murph
01-12-2007, 05:24 PM
The founding fathers were hardly cold in their graves before our country began it's return to the Kings financal plan. We were happy to simply cut out the middleman.

Murph

Tom
01-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Throught the scoundrels out!

Seriously, this government is pathetic. 9-5 they would ok internet gambling if they got thier cut of it ----steenking whores.:mad:

BillW
01-12-2007, 06:25 PM
This is going to OT. Petition PA if you see the need to have it back here (Gen Handicapping Discussion).

BIG RED
01-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Tom, agree

But, we are in a different age. I don't want them in my morning coffe, But they are there? Revo or what? I'm from Tea Party Town, but they think I''m CRAZY?

44PACE
01-12-2007, 06:30 PM
What is wrong with all you people. The Goverment ( big brother) is looking out for your best interests. They are saving you from yourself, you reckless irresponsible people with your gambling addictions. You belong to them, they own you, they know what is best for you.So bend over and take it like a man.:rolleyes:

BIG RED
01-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Big Brother happened years ago, but nobody listenned

Tom
01-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I say this in all seriousness - this country sucks.
It doens't work, it is broken, and I do not believe it can ever be fixed.
It is time to end it - like our founding fathers ened Brittish tyranny.
It is time to take our fight to the streets at home and on the border.

Pull the plug on this slug.:mad:

BIG RED
01-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Don't forget, WE ARE THE WORLD !!

BIG RED
01-12-2007, 06:40 PM
I say this in all seriousness - this country sucks

I'm sorry to hear that TOM, It is not what we LOVED no more!

Tom
01-12-2007, 06:50 PM
It is more of an embarrasment these days.

BIG RED
01-12-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm not imbarassed, I'm PO , really :mad:

I am so sick of my friends boys getting it , not for no reason, we just have it to do the job, yet we are not.

I have a gran Nephew who wants to go in, asks me, I so NO. Wait to the BIG boys get thier shit together

Tom
01-12-2007, 07:09 PM
I have a gran Nephew who wants to go in, asks me, I so NO. Wait to the BIG boys get thier shit together

The trouble is, once they do, they end up bigger shits! :lol:

BIG RED
01-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Hopefully, not on his behalf :(

That's why he asks guys that have been 'places'

JustRalph
01-12-2007, 09:05 PM
joey, if you weren't pissed already about your taxes and this brought you out of your shell........congratulations on a wakeup. But it is too little too late.

Show Me the Wire
01-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Personal liberty, ha. They won't let you smoke in public although the gov't gets its taxes, what makes you think they will lwt you do immoral gambling.

I have echoed this sentiment years ago, banning smoking is limiting someone else's legal pursuit of happiness. Once you start limiting other people's rights bevause you do not like a behavior, the people that do not like your behavior have the right to limit yours.

The mentality of limiting legal habits is limiting the right to pursuit of happiness.

It is indeed a slippery slope a fast one.

46zilzal
01-12-2007, 10:24 PM
smoking is a well established public health hazard costing millions

Show Me the Wire
01-12-2007, 10:26 PM
It is well established gambling costs millions to the public, physical abuse, abandoment, etc. Many more social ills than smoking.

kenwoodallpromos
01-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Save your money- for POWERBALL!!LOL!!
"America's favorite lottery is played in 29 States, Washington D.C. and the US Virgin Islands. Play Powerball, It's America's Game!" :D

JustRalph
01-13-2007, 01:32 AM
smoking is a well established public health hazard costing millions

so are 16 year old drivers. Do I see you wailing about that? How about Illegal Aliens? You screaming about that one? 30,000 people a year killed by Illegals. No comment?

acorn54
01-13-2007, 01:46 AM
i think it is interesting that the government has such a concern of getting it's taxes from u.s. citizens but doesn't care about the eluding of taxes by illegal immigrants and their employers
acorn

Tom
01-13-2007, 10:40 AM
I think we be allowed to "smoke" illegals!

classhandicapper
01-13-2007, 10:43 AM

I'm not ready to hit the streets, but I think this country is clearly on a long term path to ruin. It's fortunate that we have so many bright hard working people here. That makes it difficult for politicians to ruin all that wealth creation very quickly. I would also argue that there are areas of the private sector that use the government effectively to rape and pillage the rest of us. So if you do take to the streets, make sure you take them out too. ;)

44PACE
01-13-2007, 02:37 PM

What happened in 1776 will never happen again. People today do not stick together, everyone only cares about themselves so any thought of a change of guard is a pipe dream. You can't even get people to pick up their phone to bitch out their legislature, how are you going to get them to take up weapons.

Other than crying and bitching to their friends people today will do nothing so forget about it.