PDA

View Full Version : Trainer scratch

kenwoodallpromos
01-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Can someone tell me if a trainer scratch includes if the trainer finds out the horse was medicated too close to race day? Thanks!

PaceAdvantage
01-12-2007, 01:52 AM
I'm sure that would certainly be a valid reason for scratching.

NY BRED
01-12-2007, 05:05 AM
add:

failure to have foal certificate on file with track

tatoo identification issue on throughbrerd's lip may not
sync with records for the horse in question

karlskorner
01-12-2007, 09:06 AM
More than likely found a better race for his charge in the condition book. I have often seen a trainer enter 2 days in a row, than choosing between the 2, if he thinks he has a better chance in one than the other, after viewing the "overnights". The "todays entries" from BRIS has been helpful where it lists previous scratches by a trainer at the end.

BIG49010
01-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Some tracks put you on vet list for 7 days after scratch, this makes it tough to enter and not run if you don't like the competition.

the Bid
01-12-2007, 10:11 AM
add:

failure to have foal certificate on file with track

tatoo identification issue on throughbrerd's lip may not
sync with records for the horse in question

Those technicalities could also fall under the label of stewards scratches.

jballscalls
01-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Those technicalities could also fall under the label of stewards scratches.

agreed, many tracks and racing jurisdictions for that matter have what would normally be called trainer scratches under the umbrella of steward scratches or vet scratches.

Milleruszk
01-12-2007, 12:53 PM
agreed, many tracks and racing jurisdictions for that matter have what would normally be called trainer scratches under the umbrella of steward scratches or vet scratches.

I would imagine that vet scratches are done by the track vet and not the trainer's vet. Correct?

Valuist
01-12-2007, 01:18 PM
I wonder if Vet Scratch ever came back to this board w/a different alias.

Dan Montilion
01-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Trainers scratch... Because they itch?

kenwoodallpromos
01-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Owner's groug Ca TOBA has a meeting result on their website that says Ca is watching several trainers because their CO2 levels are coming in just under the legal limit (so they think they are milkshaking);
If certain trainers are giving horses drugs just under the limit or even over that and constantly have to scratch, maybe that is a ggod angle if they can be sniffed out!?