PDA

View Full Version : First race of the year

abe
01-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Several of the 2y olds I've watched through last year are making their first starts as 3y olds. These include Most Distinguished in the 5th at GP Friday, Seer and Electricity both in the 9th at GP Friday, Marina Market in the 8th at Aqu on Friday,Hard Spun, Izzies Halo, and Teuflesberg in the LeComte at FG Sat., Port Clyde Meritocracy, and Silver Express in the 8th at GP Sat, Mandurah in the 10th at GP Sat, Samhoon in the 6th at GP Sat,Point Gold, Mister White Socks, and Arcata in the 5th at GP Sat, and Grapelli and Soldier going in the San Rafael at SA Sat. It will be interesting to see how these progress in their 3y old year. a win(or real good showing) by any of these could put them on the Derby Trail. Give them a look. They looked like they had promise last year. :cool:

OTM Al
01-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Feel free to buy into horses going on the derby trail that are just making their first starts now. I won't. They will not be ready. You want to talk Travers time for these, then maybe I'll have a look.

Murph
01-11-2007, 10:58 PM
I'll be taking a look at Teufelsberg Saturday.

Most Distinguished, eh Abe? Thanks!
Murph

Ron
01-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Feel free to buy into horses going on the derby trail that are just making their first starts now. I won't. They will not be ready. You want to talk Travers time for these, then maybe I'll have a look.

I think all Abe's horses raced last year, unless you're just making a generalization.

point given
01-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Several of the 2y olds I've watched through last year are making their first starts as 3y olds. These include Most Distinguished in the 5th at GP Friday, Seer and Electricity both in the 9th at GP Friday, Marina Market in the 8th at Aqu on Friday,Hard Spun, Izzies Halo, and Teuflesberg in the LeComte at FG Sat., Port Clyde Meritocracy, and Silver Express in the 8th at GP Sat, Mandurah in the 10th at GP Sat, Samhoon in the 6th at GP Sat,Point Gold, Mister White Socks, and Arcata in the 5th at GP Sat, and Grapelli and Soldier going in the San Rafael at SA Sat. It will be interesting to see how these progress in their 3y old year. a win(or real good showing) by any of these could put them on the Derby Trail. Give them a look. They looked like they had promise last year. :cool:

I will be interested in Grapelli on saturday. The Toddster off a LO and named after a great musician.

OTM Al
01-12-2007, 08:42 AM
You are right. I owe abe an appology on that one since I have misread the first line of his post. My sentiment stands however for those horses it does apply to.

abe
01-13-2007, 01:10 PM
I too think that to be a Derby winner they should have run(and won) as a 2y old. However, it's not out of the realm of possibilities for a maiden Jan/Feb winner to win a prep, and hit the board at the Derby. If they are well bred, have been working for a long time, and win in good manner I wouldn't toss them.

abe
01-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Third! I'm tossing him! Could be a good allowance horse in the future.

RBrowning
01-13-2007, 01:38 PM

Boy...that's a lotta horses.

I'm getting dizzy.

Ok...better.

But that's really a whole lotta hors....I'm getting really dizzy now.

Can't breathe......vision blurred....

...must lay down...

...must make it to sofa.

uh-oh....

....not gonna duh it!

THUD!!

Murph
01-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Third! I'm tossing him! Could be a good allowance horse in the future.Red Giant fought him pretty hard thru the stretch. Do you think this race made Bafferts horse look better than he really is?

Murph

abe
01-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Well let's just see how I did. Most Distinguished - 3rd, Seer 6th, Electricity scratch, Marina Market 2nd, Hard Spun, Izzies Halo & Teuflesburg 1-2-3, Port Clyd still running, Meritocracy 2nd, Silver Express 3rd, Mandurah 1st, Samhoon boom, Point Gold 4th, Mister White Sock had holes, Arcata 2nd, Grapelli 3rd, Soldier got shot. So that's two firsts, four seconds, four thirds, one scratch and six off the board. Not too bad. I'll probably keep the ones that hit the board and drop the rest from my Derby trail watch list. :cool:

abe
01-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Looks like we may be picking up some of the old DRF forum!

RBrowning
01-13-2007, 08:25 PM
That's stupid ,Abe. You used the same name over there.

EVERYONE knows you're from over there.

kenwoodallpromos
01-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Well let's just see how I did. Most Distinguished - 3rd, Seer 6th, Electricity scratch, Marina Market 2nd, Hard Spun, Izzies Halo & Teuflesburg 1-2-3, Port Clyd still running, Meritocracy 2nd, Silver Express 3rd, Mandurah 1st, Samhoon boom, Point Gold 4th, Mister White Sock had holes, Arcata 2nd, Grapelli 3rd, Soldier got shot. So that's two firsts, four seconds, four thirds, one scratch and six off the board. Not too bad. I'll probably keep the ones that hit the board and drop the rest from my Derby trail watch list. :cool:
I'll take Hard Spun since I got Him in the TVG contest!!