PDA

View Full Version : David Beckham: the $250m Man

RobinFromIreland
01-11-2007, 06:24 PM
David Beckham moves to LA Galaxy on a $250 million, 5 year contract. Unbelievable...

Suff
01-11-2007, 06:36 PM
They're drinking and cursing him in the Pubs tonight...

Wait till he gets caught banging Beyonce or something similiar.

This should be fun. Like we need another celebrity though.

crownx
01-11-2007, 10:49 PM
my 1st post.. that guy is a joke.. and the Galaxy is smoking something to pay him 250m..

I hope MLS makes it.. Go Houston.. beats them the first game easy

Humph
01-12-2007, 11:17 AM
my 1st post.. that guy is a joke.. and the Galaxy is smoking something to pay him 250m..

I hope MLS makes it.. Go Houston.. beats them the first game easy

I you think he's a joke at least give us a reason why you think that?

BlueShoe
01-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Whats all the fuss about?Soccer is never going to be a major sport in the USA,and this bloke will not change that.American kids have soccer shoved at them in grammar school,but when they get older they lose interest and turn to real sports;baseball,football,and baskekball.

Bubbles
01-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Whats all the fuss about?Soccer is never going to be a major sport in the USA,and this bloke will not change that.American kids have soccer shoved at them in grammar school,but when they get older they lose interest and turn to real sports;baseball,football,and baskekball.I firmly believe soccer is a REAL sport. It's just not OUR real sport. I've read about the old NASL, when Pele came to America. They packed a ton of people in then, at least for a few years, and this may very well have the same effect. Not necessarily because Beckham's a legendary soccer player, just because he's a major, MAJOR celebrity somewhere else, and people are curious.

Some $250 million experiment, though.

kenwoodallpromos
01-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Soccer in LA is just another excuse for LALA landers to riot!LOL!!