PDA

View Full Version : Bonds fails amphetamines test

Bubbles
01-11-2007, 10:11 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AvqldQiYXl79E2qiAFMwNgU5nYcB?slug=ap-bonds-amphetamines&prov=ap&type=lgns

Just the tip of the iceberg, perhaps...

BIG RED
01-11-2007, 11:13 AM
His agent should have came right out and said they were for his knee. Then figure out later, who gave them to him. Maybe I should be an agent :D (LIE)

kenwoodallpromos
01-11-2007, 11:53 AM
If I am reading the article correctly, Bonds readily admitted to MLB to "taking " it from another teammate's locker even though Bonds could get in trouble for taking something from someone else's locker, which Sweeney may not want to admit he had if he did have it. MLB policy is no public announcement but a warning and someone unidentified told reporters wnen they were not supposed to. So either Bonds is an admitted thief or lying.
Sounds famiar in some ways and I'm sure everyone will demand he be banned from baseball permanently, go to prison, and all documentation of his existence in the MLB be erased. Maybe then in 50 years he can make the Hall of Fame as a "Should have been in a Negro league" player!LOL!!
BTW, how many chances did Darryl Stawberry get?

Bubbles
01-11-2007, 12:59 PM
BTW, how many chances did Darryl Stawberry get?Almost as many as Dwight Gooden and Steve Howe...

Valuist
01-11-2007, 01:12 PM
And don't forget P. Val.....

crownx
01-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Hmmm I love the Smell of Greenies in the morning//// Bonds= crook

Bubbles
01-11-2007, 11:28 PM
According to Yahoo! Sports, Bonds apologized to Mark Sweeney, saying he was not involved at all.

Bonds = crook may be about right...

njcurveball
01-11-2007, 11:38 PM
If nothing else, Bonds now has to stop wearing his "I have never been found guilty of a drug violation" pin.

He also now is subject to random testing every month for 6 months. If the Giants were smart, they would simply tell him his deal has been canceled now.

It will be amazing to see him play left field even a few games a week now.

If he does test positive for steroids, that will be a 50 day suspension and a complete loss of any chance for the Hall of Fame. I know some say the Mcgwire vote is the writing on the wall. But Mcgwire doesn't have over 700 home runs and more MVPs than anyone else.

Jim