PDA

View Full Version : Jan 13th Argentine speed figures for Laurel

highnote
01-11-2007, 05:42 AM
Attached are the Mordin style speed figures for San Isidro racetrack in Buenos Aires, Argentina for Jan. 13, 2007. Laurel is supposed to simulcast them at the end of their card.

Remember if a horse is going from Turf to Dirt you'll need to add about 5-10 points to its Turf numbers and vice-versa if going from Dirt to Turf -- subtract 5-10 from the dirt numbers. This is just a rough approximation. I haven't got around to calibrating the numbers so that the figures from one surface are comparable to another.

So BET LIGHTLY!

Good luck, Amigos.

bigmack
01-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Bueno. Nachos Gracias.

http://www.bramptoncanadettes.com/main/imgtoons/speedy_3d.jpg

highnote
01-13-2007, 03:06 AM
Just a reminder that the ARG speed figs for Laurel simulcast are attached in the first post of this thread.

highnote
01-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Is anyone planning on using these figures today?

BIG49010
01-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Are these races before or after races from Laurel, and are they on HRTV

highnote
01-13-2007, 02:06 PM
After.

I don't have HRTV so I don't know the answer to that.

Murph
01-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Is anyone planning on using these figures today?
Yes sir, I am. Your speed figures will help me to adjust our class levels for these races, John. I greatly appreciate them and will continue to track them for as long as you care to share them with us.

They appear to be fairly effective. Do you have any suggestions on how to apply them yet? How many lengths do you figure one point is worth with your numbers?

Murph

highnote
01-13-2007, 04:14 PM
The value of a length varies by distance because everything is normalized to a mile. But in general, probably 1 length = 1 point.

1 length at 5 furlongs is not the same as 1 length at 10 furlongs, however, but in general it's approximately close to a length per point.

Also, the daily variants are all made by projecting the variant. Nick does not use class based pars. However, in ARG you could get away with Beyer style figs because there are so many races on a card.

Nick Mordin's speed figure methodology was designed for grass racing in Europe where there might only be 6 grasses per day for one or two days at a given track and then they move on to the next circuit. Some tracks only race once per year! It's tough to make good daily variants based on class pars at tracks like those. So the projection method is the only way that works satisfactorily.

Pgh. Gere
01-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Swetyejon- The figures are on a scale of 0-100, like they are in his book ?

highnote
01-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Yes. The scale is approx 0-100.

highnote
01-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Yes sir, I am. Your speed figures will help me to adjust our class levels for these races, John. I greatly appreciate them and will continue to track them for as long as you care to share them with us.

Maybe you could post your ARG info here, too. It would be interesting to compare and contrast. Thanks.

Murph
01-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Maybe you could post your ARG info here, too. It would be interesting to compare and contrast. Thanks.I'd better not. I just discovered these figures are bogus. I do not have any par times for races run at San Isidro.

While taking a closer look this evening I went searcing for the par lines on the track and there aren't any! The ratings are based on the class levels and par times for LRL.

I kind of wish I had checked that before I mentioned they were there. :)

We've developed an interface to allow me greater control of the par and class
level relationships. I am testing this feature now. I'll be interested to see if I'm able to find a way to correct this problem and get a few pars for these races.

They will still be available at the site but are likely not worth looking at right now. I'll let you know if I can fix them.

Murph

traynor
01-14-2007, 01:30 PM
I'd better not. I just discovered these figures are bogus. I do not have any par times for races run at San Isidro.

While taking a closer look this evening I went searcing for the par lines on the track and there aren't any! The ratings are based on the class levels and par times for LRL.

I kind of wish I had checked that before I mentioned they were there. :)

We've developed an interface to allow me greater control of the par and class
level relationships. I am testing this feature now. I'll be interested to see if I'm able to find a way to correct this problem and get a few pars for these races.

They will still be available at the site but are likely not worth looking at right now. I'll let you know if I can fix them.

Murph

If you poke around a bit, you should be able to find enough records for SI to make a basic par chart. Either the track, or possibly some of the daily newspapers in BA, should give you enough archival data to get up and running. I don't do the speed-pace ratings for SI, so I don't have them immediately available. Sorry.
Good Luck