PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Showvivor Contest

Murph
01-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Starts tomorrow. Any one going to try this one?
$10K total prizes - $5K to the winner.

http://www.santaanita.com/showvivor/
http://www.santaanita.com/showvivor/comprules.php?

Survivor contests are fun.

Murph

Hosshead
01-10-2007, 12:38 AM
They want the last 4 digits of your SS#.
Fine for the SS# IF you win. But:
With your name AND Last 4 SS digits,
I'd hate for that to fall into the wrong hands.

Name and last 4 are the main 2 "security" questions I'm asked most.

Murph
01-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Santa Anita already has my full SS#. Is this why you are not playing their contest?

Murph

kenwoodallpromos
01-12-2007, 05:40 PM
!WOW! I should have entered! 50% could not pick 2 show bets in a row!!LOL!!

Murph
01-12-2007, 08:03 PM
You really should have entered, Ken. You have to survive the first few weeks in one of these. I leave the advanced handicapping until there is an odds on fave that finishes out - and I did not use him! Once you are down to the last 20% of the contestants this becomes much more important, IMO.

Some folks just will not select odds on - even for a chance at some free money. I'd like to hear any strategy tips the MED players may offer. The posters all seemed to do very well in that one. Did some PA players finish that contest in the money? I'll have to go and look see.

I survived today with Remember Maggie in the nightcap, a $32K mdn clmr.

Murph

rrbauer
01-12-2007, 08:40 PM
These "show-vivor" contests are just another way that the tracks play to your compulsive behaviors and get you to buy pp's and handicap their cards on days when they aren't even worth looking at. Play the game on your terms and not theirs.

kenwoodallpromos
01-12-2007, 10:43 PM
You really should have entered, Ken. You have to survive the first few weeks in one of these. I leave the advanced handicapping until there is an odds on fave that finishes out - and I did not use him! Once you are down to the last 20% of the contestants this becomes much more important, IMO.

Some folks just will not select odds on - even for a chance at some free money. I'd like to hear any strategy tips the MED players may offer. The posters all seemed to do very well in that one. Did some PA players finish that contest in the money? I'll have to go and look see.

I survived today with Remember Maggie in the nightcap, a $32K mdn clmr.

Murph
last 2 races ITM;
over 50% PP's showing ITM;
No more than 1 recent layoff;
Regular works and/or races.

Murph
01-13-2007, 08:10 AM
These "show-vivor" contests are just another way that the tracks play to your compulsive behaviors and get you to buy pp's and handicap their cards on days when they aren't even worth looking at. Play the game on your terms and not theirs.I hadn't considered that a few hundred PP sales motivates the contests. I would think that the info they collect will help them identify their customers wagering habits over more venues. With about 80% going out in the first week, they lose the PP dollar but keep the info and track the continued use of services.

I'm not an expert in marketing yet, so I can't say that for certain. You may be correct.

Murph

Murph
01-13-2007, 08:21 AM

The rules for this contest state most consecutive days ITM will win. Ties will split the entire $10,000, if it comes down to that.

Would you care to make a prediction about how many will go all the way and share in the top prize?

Murph

Murph
01-13-2007, 04:55 PM
I survived today with Notional in the San Rafael a $3.40 winner. That's 3 winners and a show so far.

Murph

Murph
01-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Survived today with Sugar Shack $12.60 winner of the El Encino Stakes.

Murph

betchatoo
01-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Still playing, too. 3 winners, a place and a show. Good luck, Murph.

rrbauer
01-17-2007, 07:01 PM
I hadn't considered that a few hundred PP sales motivates the contests. I would think that the info they collect will help them identify their customers wagering habits over more venues. With about 80% going out in the first week, they lose the PP dollar but keep the info and track the continued use of services.

I'm not an expert in marketing yet, so I can't say that for certain. You may be correct.

Murph

How much "marketing" info can you glean from a population that is 80% gone after a week? The deal from their perspective is that they hope that some of the people who came forward but then lost out will stick around for other non-contest reasons....continue to buy pp's and play real money into their pools.

Murph
01-17-2007, 08:57 PM
I think they are most interested in what the outs do after they are out. In additon to tracking activity of the ins as you mention they want to know what the outs do afterwards.

Things like do they continue wagering, do they visit our other sites, can they be targeted for the magna 5 promotions? Who knows what else? With the info they request they can possibly find your signers and where you bet them. All things they might use to get you to return for more wagering and sales at other venues.

I don't doubt that PP sales are an important part of the contest promotions. I just hadn't considered that as a main motivator for offering them.

I was late to login for Mondays play so I'm out of this one. Best of luck to all those still in the money.

Murph

pic6vic
01-19-2007, 10:39 AM
8 days of contest

4009 entrants 176 still in. This is a result of full fields. For instance yesterday the shortest M/L fav was 5/2. Good luck to those still alive.

Murph
01-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Do you think more than one player will last to the end of the meeting? The final 100 players generally get pretty serious about it. I thougt more would last thru the first week. This contest may end sooner rather than later.

Murph

pic6vic
01-19-2007, 12:01 PM
IMHO

There is no way this will last until the end of the meeting. It will be lucky to last through this month.

pic6vic
01-19-2007, 04:40 PM
After 2 races 1/20 14% knocked out (25)

toetoe
01-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi, Vic. WAZZUP? :)

pic6vic
01-21-2007, 09:13 PM
94 left after 10 days

crownx
02-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Only six heads left...

rrbauer
02-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Ask Vic if he will bet against Lava Man again (to show)......

Murph
02-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Three remain after this weekend of racing. Sundays out came in the La Canada stakes with a play off Balance. With Kris' Sis otb finish, that 2.40 show price on Balance was huge.

I give them two more weeks to get it settled.

Murph

rrbauer
02-16-2007, 08:02 PM
3 started the day. 2 went out with Dalicia in the 7th leaving
Michael Jacarvage to pick up the $5K.

Murph
02-16-2007, 11:04 PM
3 started the day. 2 went out with Dalicia in the 7th leaving
Michael Jacarvage to pick up the $5K.SWEET! Congrats to the winner.
That was a fast 2 weeks. :)

Thanks RB

Murph
02-18-2007, 06:30 AM
Starts tomorrow. Any one going to try this one?
$10K total prizes - $5K to the winner.

http://www.santaanita.com/showvivor/
http://www.santaanita.com/showvivor/comprules.php?

Survivor contests are fun.

MurphThe PP pushers are at it again!

Here comes Showvivor II
Contest begins February 24, 2007