PDA

View Full Version : Golden Gate workout misprint?

Rob_in_MN
01-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Was wondering if anyone could double check with their own software (other than DRF Online) and check the Dec. 6th workout of #3 Kin to a Kitty at Golden Gate entered for this Friday, Jan 12th.

I have the filly drilling 6f from the gate in 1:10.2.
Can somebody please confirm this time for me?

I don't think I've ever seen a 6f gate drill even at GG in 1:10.2 from
a filly and consider this a real anomaly. :confused:

Thanks and as always this continues to be an outstanding message board!

Rob

mattcooke
01-09-2007, 07:37 PM
If it is not infact a misprint, and is a very fast work, i would caution you in your betting, in my opinon some trainers will go all out in a workout with a horse and drop them a claiming level when they want them to be claimed. Something may be amiss with this horse and the trainer is trying to get him or her off their hands. thats my 2 cents.

Is this horse you ask about a claimer?

matt c

Milleruszk
01-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Kin to a Kitty is in a Maiden Special Weight race.

Rob_in_MN
01-10-2007, 01:53 AM
Yeah it's her debut which made me fairly excited. I imagine she will be a square price at the window with Baze on a 2nd time starter that just missed last out adding blinkers and a jock/trainer combo of 5 for 9 so far this meet....

The real reason I took note was that the trainer Brian Koriner (who looks like he does fairly well out there considering Midayi and Hollendorfer) had a 4YO firster in a straight maiden 8k race on Sunday that was a 100k purchase. I think the only reason he had odds was because people like me couldn't figure out why the heck a 100k horse out of AP Indy would go first out in a Mdn 8k race which is their lowest level... go figure the gelding paid $8.80 to win with ease.

Milleruszk
01-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Kin to a Kitty was scratched. Winner's time was 1:12.48 which is about 2 seconds slower than Kin to a Kitty's workout.