PDA

View Full Version : Tracks that pay $2.20 minimum for place and show

Bluenose
01-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Can someone help me with a list of these tracks please.

Buddha
01-08-2007, 09:53 AM
MNR is one

howardjim
01-08-2007, 04:52 PM
SUF a few years back, don't know recently.

Zman179
01-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Oaklawn pays minimum $2.20. Suffolk and Rockingham still do as well.

BIG RED
01-08-2007, 07:13 PM
SUF a few years back, don't know recently.

Still does, but now it is closed. Give thanks to our legislature :ThmbDown:

hbeck
01-08-2007, 07:41 PM
They passed a two year simulcast extension last week. They are open for simulcasting and will open for live racing on derby day.

The Taunton Greyhound Owner, Carney, is the real villian there.

BIG RED
01-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Good ole Carney, still can't stand our state legislature.

Suff
01-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Good ole Carney, still can't stand our state legislature.

Carney is not a Villian. He's a good man, and a good businessman to boot.

Piontowski was trying to angle around an agreement he made when he got his Lisence to operate his track.
For you guys that have been to Raynham , then you know its a very nice facility. Carney does a good job. And I'll tell you what, No one competes more directly with Foxwoods, or the slots at Lincoln park than Raynham park.

You'll agree its much nicer outfit than wonderland which is a disgraceful slum.

A few years ago I was at a Mass State racing commission hearing when slots were getting serious talks..

Sarkis was there, O'malley, Piontowksi and Carney.

They all talk and make thier case for slots. Then carney speaks

he says,, " I did'nt come here to beg anyone for anything. I run a nice racetrack. I serve 1200 meals in my dining roon every friday and saturday night" I do a nice business... I don't need slot machines and I won't sit here and belittle myself , my family or my orginization because The State Lottery does'nt want me to have slots. Screw slots, I own 5 business's. My 4 sons run my trucking and real estate interests, and my daughters run my dining room at the track. I have over 500 employees and in 30 years I have never laid off a single person" I work to hard and have accomplished to much to get on bended knee for anyone"

eeehhh , Joe Carney is a tough irish bastard...and Piontowski was'nt going to push him around.

lurker
01-11-2007, 01:43 PM
$2.20 is a state law, not up to individual tracks.