PDA

View Full Version : Israel about to nuke Iran......reports say

JustRalph
01-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Only about a year later than I predicted.............

46zilzal
01-06-2007, 05:51 PM
where's the ad for the bridge for sale, page 2?

Tom
01-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Gotta get me some popcorn and be ready to watch the show.

What's the over/under ?

JustRalph
01-06-2007, 07:05 PM
The part I am skeptical about is the "tactical nuclear" part.

One way to make a statement would be to use Nukes. But a Nuke strike would surprise me.

JustRalph
01-24-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3356154,00.html

Iran: Israel, US will soon die

Ahmadinejad: Be assured that the US and Israel will soon end lives
Yaakov Lappin Published: 01.23.07, 22:24

Israel and the United States will soon be destroyed, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday during a meeting with Syria's foreign minister, the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) website said in a report.

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad… assured that the United States and the Zionist regime of Israel will soon come to the end of their lives," the Iranian president was quoted as saying.

~end of snippet~

The thing that worries me about this guy is that he may have some sleeper cells in the U.S. and he keeps referring to the "death of"

this guy is going to talk himself into an airstrike..........

Greyfox
01-24-2007, 12:01 PM
The London Times is claiming this morning:

"Robert Gates, the new US defence secretary, has described military action against Iran as a “last resort”, leading Israeli officials to conclude that it will be left to them to strike. "

More discussion is at : http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2535310_2,00.html

44PACE
01-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Look at the source Drudge report... wackos

singunner
01-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Drudge has been a good laugh for a long time. Half his stuff is put in just to make it seem possible that the other half might be real.

Tom
01-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Still works for me, Let's nuke them anyways and be done with them.

classhandicapper
01-24-2007, 07:00 PM
The thing that worries me about this guy is that he may have some sleeper cells in the U.S. and he keeps referring to the "death of"

I don't speak the language, but I keep reading in certain circles that the mainstream western press is misrepresenting what he is really saying.

What he is saying is that the US and Israel are close to dying a self imposed death (as in our corrupt and immoral ways will lead to our downfall like the Roman empire). It's not that he is planning something to bring us down.

I think this could easily be true (the part about the mainstream press getting it wrong).

Hosshead
01-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Russia prepares Iran for airstrikes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070125/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_russia_weapons

Suff
01-24-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't speak the language, but I keep reading in certain circles that the mainstream western press is misrepresenting what he is really saying.

What he is saying is that the US and Israel are close to dying a self imposed death (as in our corrupt and immoral ways will lead to our downfall like the Roman empire). It's not that he is planning something to bring us down.

I think this could easily be true (the part about the mainstream press getting it wrong).

He disagrees with UN Resolution 84. As any country may or may not. Certainly it is there perogative. That choice may involve an attack from the USA or Israel, or any number of countries.

For what it's worth. There are 13 Synagogues in Tehran,Iran and a significant Jewish population. They are not Killing "jews" or advocate the wiping out of the "jews". They object to UN resolustion 84. The establishment of a Jewish state on Arab land.

That may be all thats required to get you on our shit list. Maybe that's enough. I think each person is free to make up thier own mind on things. The internet has changed the way people can arrive at conclusions.

For example, In the run-up to the Iraq war, we were told that in addition to WMD's and Nukes, Saddamm Hussien had violated 14 UN Security Counsel resolutions. That was reason enough to invade.

Well, in the time Iraq violated 14 Resolutions, Israel violated 70 from the same body. The UN Security counsel.

And if you support UN Resolution 84, and the Iraq war, then certainly its a fair question to ask "where is Israel"? Why are no Israeli planes, or helicopters, or soldiers in in Iraq? Why is our #1 Allie in the region not ALL IN?

Why is the country that will benefit the most from a stabilized Iraq not lifting a finger or losing a drop of blood while our boys do?

Valid questions that any American has the right and obligation to ask.

Tom
01-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Because, like in the Gulf War, we probably ASKED them not to join in.

singunner
01-24-2007, 11:01 PM
It's odd how the original intent of the US was to separate Religion and Government, but the debates about the two always sound so similar. And the debates are just about as rewarding for either side as well. So, since America was founded on religious freedom, when can we found a country on political freedom? Rather, what I personally want is freedom from politics.

Suff
01-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Because, like in the Gulf War, we probably ASKED them not to join in.

Fair enough. If that's an answer or action you can live with. As I said, each person can decide for themselves.

For many reason's I ask. Not the least of which is the bashing of other allies that did not contribute to the degree we prefered. Harkening back to changing the name of French Fries in the congressional cafeteria to Freedom fries as a way of highlighting the conduct of France. Conduct that was identical to Israel's?

JustRalph
01-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Drudge has been a good laugh for a long time. Half his stuff is put in just to make it seem possible that the other half might be real.

99% of the stuff is linked to outside sources............ how does that make Drudge at fault for anything? Most of his stuff is later picked up by others, when he does break a story?

singunner
01-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Does linking to false or inaccurate stories hosted on someone else's network make the stories any less false or inaccurate? I don't know where your logic is trying to go.

All I'm saying is that I've seen enough schlock journalism linked through him to take anything that he links with a grain of salt. A single support missing in the building of trust weakens the trust immensely.

For example, if someone gave you free speed figs with only a few errors in them, how much would you really trust those figs?

JustRalph
01-25-2007, 01:24 AM
The first four links on his page tonight are from :

ABC News

NYTimes Online

Breitbart (I admit, I don't know who the hell they are)

Timesonline UK Edition

I don't know how you can chew on Drudge for linking out to sites that scores of others do?

A quick look has him linked to others like,

CBS News, And several Affiliate stations

Washington Post

Reuters

Boston.com

Cnn.com

Washington Times

Yahoo News

I would think that after looking at the links.........your comments might well be more accurately spoken about those above. Not so much Drudge.
I don't really give a shit about Drudge but as a clearing house of sorts for news......... I think his site has stood the test. Just because something comes off of Drudge, is no reason to doubt it anymore than anything else. Since he is linking out to other sites 99% of the time........

I think to apply your stated reasoning would mean that you don't believe anything that you read in the NY Times either? After all, Jason Blair was one hell of a "missing single support" at the Times? How about USA Today? They published a couple of Pulitzer Prize winning series that were later found to be pure fiction and the awards were stripped. I think you tagging and singling out Drudge as being any less accurate or guilty of "Schlock Journalism" than any others is maybe a little misguided. He is no better or worse than anybody else. Considering what passes for Journalism nowadays.

singunner
01-25-2007, 02:06 AM
...You just made the case that it's ok for him to be bad because everybody else is doing it...

So... Do I need to go on to make any more points even?

46zilzal
01-25-2007, 11:31 AM
"Matt Drudge has been criticized by other media news personalities: Bill O'Reilly who twice called Drudge a "threat to democracy", and Keith Olbermann who referred to Drudge as "an idiot with a modem".

Hmmmm wonder where his sentiment lies?....In the 1990s, Matt Drudge had a short-lived cable television show. He filled in for right-wing talker Rush Limbaugh during Limbaugh's 2003 stint in a drug rehabilitation clinic.

JustRalph
01-25-2007, 05:47 PM
"Matt Drudge has been criticized by other media news personalities: Bill O'Reilly who twice called Drudge a "threat to democracy", and Keith Olbermann who referred to Drudge as "an idiot with a modem".

Hmmmm wonder where his sentiment lies?....In the 1990s, Matt Drudge had a short-lived cable television show. He filled in for right-wing talker Rush Limbaugh during Limbaugh's 2003 stint in a drug rehabilitation clinic.

he also had a show on fox that he got fired from because he wouldn't let them tell him how to do it.

46zilzal
01-25-2007, 06:17 PM
he also had a show on fox that he got fired from because he wouldn't let them tell him how to do it.
Kind of shows how the front office (Murdoch) dicates content now doesn't it?

PlanB
01-25-2007, 06:42 PM
99% of the stuff is linked to outside sources............ how does that make Drudge at fault for anything? Most of his stuff is later picked up by others, when he does break a story?

How ludicrous, name me 1 story that Drudge BROKE? Puff Daddy had his eyes done? That doesn't count here.

Suff
01-25-2007, 08:02 PM
How ludicrous, name me 1 story that Drudge BROKE? Puff Daddy had his eyes done? That doesn't count here.

He broke the Monica Lewinsky story................and from that, He exists. Nothing more. His writing and/or journalistic talent would'nt fill a thimble

singunner
01-25-2007, 08:32 PM
He broke the Monica Lewinsky story................and from that, He exists. Nothing more. His writing and/or journalistic talent would'nt fill a thimble
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

(6 if they're skinny, 3 if they're fat)