PDA

View Full Version : setting up a 2nd email acct w/ hot mail..

JPinMaryland
01-06-2007, 02:57 PM
How do I do this? I log into MSN hotmail, then into "my acct." and I dont see anything about how to add a second email. Its for my wife, so it should get a different password as well as a different email name. The help page doesnt help, why did I even try that?

should I just go to the main home page for this or can I do it right from my account.

Or does anyone suggest a better free email service? I know there are others out there. thx.

bigmack
01-06-2007, 03:02 PM
You've been cutoff from any further computer asst. Your quota is up. Try again in a month.

Oh hell, here: http://join.msn.com/?page=hotmail/plans&pgmarket=en-us

JPinMaryland
01-06-2007, 08:15 PM
I got real messed up when I went to hotmail and kept asking me if I wanted to add an alternative email address. NO NO NO! A milloin freakin times no!.

ANyhow I'll check out that link,thanks.

JPinMaryland
01-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Yeak ok that works. I think what was happening was I was already logged on in my mail box and when I went to that site it wouldnt let me register at least it didnt work the same...

Anyhow now a second question. I have two email addresses at hot mail what happens when I go to my email or whatever that page is? How does it know which one I am??

speedking
01-07-2007, 09:49 AM
You will automatically be directed to the last address you checked in with. To access the other account, just delete the other address and enter the second one.

I recently switched from hotmail to gmail. Easier, faster, more reliable.

speedking