PDA

View Full Version : Fairgrounds 1/5 Payoffs

Paging
01-06-2007, 03:07 AM
I was casually observing the Fair Grounds on Friday 1/5 and was a little surprise by such low payouts on races 1-5.

I didn't handicap the races but was curious if such low payouts were justfied in those first five races. Maybe someone that either handicapped those races or played could comment.

If my calcuations are correct if one were to hit the $1 trifecta on the first five races, the $1 pick three on races 1-2-3, the $1 pick three on races 2-3-4, the $1 pick three on races 3-4-5 and the $1 pick four on races 2-3-4-5 they would collect a grand total of $229.50. :confused:

For what it's worth here are the off odds on the horses that rounded out the tris in the first five races.

Race 1 - 67/1
Race 2 - 17/1
Race 3 - 43/1
Race 4 - 25/1
Race 5 - 22/1

Overlay
01-06-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't have visibility of those races, but I'd say that those long odds to win on the horses that rounded out the tris would be expected if the odds on the winners were sufficiently short to create the very low payouts you noted. And those odds also wouldn't necessarily mean that the exotic wagers involving those horses should have higher payoffs, since the tri is a separate pool, and those horses were probably used heavily in the lower spots, even though they were such long odds to win.