PDA

View Full Version : Man Who Shook Up Las Vegas

rrbauer
01-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Good article about Bob Stoll (Dr. Bob) in today's WSJ (Friday, Jan 5) in the Weekend Edition section.

boomman
01-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Richard: Looks interesting, but you have to be a subscriber to read past the preview-why don't you go ahead and post it here? Thx Boom

rrbauer
01-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Richard: Looks interesting, but you have to be a subscriber to read past the preview-why don't you go ahead and post it here? Thx Boom

I only subscribe to the print edition. I think it's a buck if you can find it at a newstand. I believe you can get a free two-week trial at the WSJ web site for their online edition.
www.wsj.com

cj
01-05-2007, 11:04 AM

That is not allowed here.

boomman
01-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Cj: NP Already googled it-Boom :D

Valuist
01-05-2007, 01:22 PM
The article is up at Fezziksplace.com

bigmack
01-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Interesting article. Good quote: "Being creative with numbers is more important than being the best at analyzing them"

IMO, that's where so many players get bogged down. Like the multitude of threads here that long for a "do it this way and it will pay" type method. YOU HAVE TO BE CREATIVE. Besides, it helps move the juices around and puts a stamp of yourself on the outcome.

rrbauer
01-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Interesting article. Good quote: "Being creative with numbers is more important than being the best at analyzing them"

IMO, that's where so many players get bogged down. Like the multitude of threads here that long for a "do it this way and it will pay" type method. YOU HAVE TO BE CREATIVE. Besides, it helps move the juices around and puts a stamp of yourself on the outcome.

A little "nuance" if you will!

skate
01-05-2007, 05:36 PM
he's 1-4, so far in the bowls

hey CJ, regards to posting, you say, it 's not allowed to be post. i guess due to volume?

nothing persona, i just have an "anti rules reading rule"

bigmack
01-05-2007, 05:40 PM
A little "nuance" if you will!
Exactly Richard. I like good numbers and solid back testing but my biggest scores have been with creative structures and thought.

BetHorses!
01-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Getting Doc's numbers are vital. Only a few get down at that price and only going to get worse now with the publicity.

Ron
01-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Exactly Richard. I like good numbers and solid back testing but my biggest scores have been with creative structures and thought.

I thought you just boxed four horses in an exacta? ;)

PaceAdvantage
01-07-2007, 03:46 AM
he's 1-4, so far in the bowls

hey CJ, regards to posting, you say, it 's not allowed to be post. i guess due to volume?

nothing persona, i just have an "anti rules reading rule"

Reproducing the full text of copyrighted material is a no-no unless you have permission from the copyright holder, which is likely not the case....

Besides, with the internet being what it is, a paragraph or two plus the link will do just fine....

skate
01-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Reproducing the full text of copyrighted material is a no-no unless you have permission from the copyright holder, which is likely not the case....

Besides, with the internet being what it is, a paragraph or two plus the link will do just fine....

thanks
good info.

i guess i was thinking about a post saying ," could not dnld the info without being registered".
so , the link would be usless, or , not?

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2007, 06:18 PM
so , the link would be usless, or , not?

It wouldn't be useless to those of us who are registered....

bigmack
01-08-2007, 06:23 PM
The article is up at Fezziksplace.com
http://forums.lasvegasadvisor.com/messageview.cfm?catid=36&threadid=222209&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=