PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Bias.

mattcooke
01-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Hey guys, going to tackle Santa Anita tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has seen a bias so far this meet? It seems to me the track is running a little fast and is favoring speed, but i only glaned at the past weeks result charts, any info u can give me would be helpful. thanks

matt c

Show Me the Wire
01-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Hey guys, going to tackle Santa Anita tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has seen a bias so far this meet? It seems to me the track is running a little fast and is favoring speed, but i only glaned at the past weeks result charts, any info u can give me would be helpful. thanks

matt c

Let's see from memory lot of front running victories, especially on the 31st. I believe horses running from post positions 5 or 9 starting on the 31st and continuing on the 1st won 8 of 9 consecutive dirt races from race 7 on the 31st.

Possibility of a bias up to and including the 1st. Can you count on the bias continuing tomorrow? No.

Show Me the Wire
01-04-2007, 12:16 AM
mattcooke:

Some advice. If you did not notice a distinct bias from the charts, you may want to thread lightly in the shark infested Santa Anita pools.

Dick Schmidt
01-04-2007, 03:03 AM

matt c

Well, yeah. SA has been showing that bias since about 1934. An often overlooked factor in how a track runs is the basic layout of the track. How long are the straights, how sharp are the turns, where is the starting gate placed? These factors never change and can have just as big an impact as any track maintenance, water trucks, direction of the tractors etc. Santa Anita is early, has always been early and will remain early until they tear it up and build another shopping center with luxury condos.

Dick

Who wishes he wasn't so shy about expressing his opinion.

shanta
01-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Turf - no wire to wire winners (0 for 14) - playing fair routing - slight closer advantage at 6.5f

Dirt - strong early ( w to w ) at 6.5 and 7f.
You have to be 1st,2nd,3rd at 1st call or you are pretty much dead at all the dirt distances.

BIG RED
01-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Shanta....how about mdns.? Connections? Trn/Jck? Breed? Any idea so far?

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Shanta....how about mdns.? Connections? Trn/Jck? Breed? Any idea so far?
SIMPLE, maidens project next out to graduate by being tops at second call.........angle has worked for years, better yet at a speed favoring oval..

It is the HORSE, not the breeding, not the connections, not the ferrier, but the HORSE that is the basis for everything.

BIG RED
01-04-2007, 02:39 PM
What about FTS? You never bet one, or you pass a race that has one in it?

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Depends on the odds the 2nd call victors are receiving. No hard and fast rule unless there are multiple FTS's

so.cal.fan
01-04-2007, 02:46 PM
The track opening day was pretty slow, due to being dug up deeper than usual.....could be the track superintendant didn't want any breakdowns coming off the Hollywood Polytrack?
In any event......the SA track gets fast....period......so while you might check after a couple of days off....if it has been dug deeper....this information should be available on the website.
If they have some rain, it usually gets pretty wet-fast.

cj
01-04-2007, 02:49 PM
...Santa Anita is early, has always been early and will remain early until they tear it up and build another shopping center with luxury condos.

Dick

Or at least until they rip up the surface and put down fake dirt.

skate
01-04-2007, 04:01 PM
im thinking you know the track runs on the El'y side, Matt.

but trying to catch a Bias, would be like catching fish without net or bait.

i think i saw a bias up in No. Calif., went for more than a few days. but outside of that, a track runs much the same, day after day.

if i thought a track was running early (most do, on dirt) and i had a 3/1 early horse and a 15/1 late horse with just as much overall speed, i'm going 'Closer'. form and class being in line.

odds would rule
not bias

kenwoodallpromos
01-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Brisnt At a Glances SA:
TRACK BIAS MEET(12/26 - 01/01) TRACK BIAS WEEK(12/26 - 01/01)

Distance #
Race %
Wire Best
Style Best
Posts Distance #
Race %
Wire Best
Style Best
6.0fDirt 7 71% E Mid/Out 6.0fDirt 7 71% E Mid/Out
6.5fDirt 8 38% E Mid/Out 6.5fDirt 8 38% E Mid/Out
1 MileDirt 5 20% E/P Outside 1 MileDirt 5 20% E/P Outside
1 1/16mDirt 3 67% E Ins/Mid 1 1/16mDirt 3 67% E Ins/Mid