PDA

View Full Version : Irish look pitiful

46zilzal
01-03-2007, 09:04 PM
14-0 in the first: NO OFFENSE and not much defense either.

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 12:07 AM
LSU q-back is impressive and HUGE.

JustRalph
01-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Brady Quinn once again proves he can't win the big one.............

RBrowning
01-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Weiss' Noodles performed as expected in a game they did not warrant.

P-U....aye?

Does Quinn really look like the first guy taken in the draft to anyone? Is it me....or do I continuously notice a propensity to throw the ball late in most of his games?

JPinMaryland
01-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Where does Kiper have him ranked now? He was saying earlier in the year that he should be the first pick in the draft, gee whiz I dont see it.

RBrowning
01-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh he'll probably stand by his man....but anyone would be nuts to take Quinn high.

Drafting him 1 would be tantamount to naming Giacomo as Horse of the Year.

I should admit I'm not exactly the Noodles' biggest fan.

JustRalph
01-04-2007, 03:31 PM
I agree on Quinn, throws late.

He has shown over and over that he can't win the big one.

Troy Smith is a winner in big games and they don't even mention him in the draft. I think finding a way to win is as important as anything else. Let's see how Smith does Monday night. Should be fun.

BTW, the Browns are actually thinking of drafting Smith. Hometown boy and all. All the Cleveland Sportscasters are talking about it. I think it would be the worst thing that could happen to him.

When I heard Terry Bradshaw talking about Brady Quinn getting excited about the Browns drafting him I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Dublin Ohio might as well be somewhere in Europe when it comes to having Browns fans. Quinn grew up in a rich area where all the kids drive BMW's and never want for anything. They are coddled. Most of them don't even know any Browns players and the local TV doesn't play Browns games. They "choose" Bengals games to air.

If the guy from LSU comes out, he would go higher than any of the others.

rrbauer
01-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Notre Dame now 0-9 in last 9 bowl games. Always overrated and underperformers. LSU had them whipped every which way you slice it. The bloom is off the Charlie Weis rose....he needs to shitcan the NE offense that he brought with him and build an offense around the talent of the players he has.

RBrowning
01-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Boy...do broadcasters say the dumbest things or what? Although I guess Quinn said he wouldn't go to the Lions. most top 3 to 5 rated draft picks all of a sudden let it be known they are HUGE fans of the one of the first 3 or so teams picking....usually the number one team. I remember when Ricky Williams claimed he was a life long Browns fan a few years ago.

Sure he was.

I agree on the LSU QB...Jackson I think. I think Smith has everything he needs to do well in the pros. He really shouldn't be thrown into the fire. None of them should be ,but they got away from that rule.

The Browns need so much( and not just in players) I would not know where to start....but the offense is the primary machine in need of major fixing.

JPinMaryland
01-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Yep, Quinn still at no. 1 YOu can find the site, if you google Kiper and one of the top sites is espnproxy site..I would list the top 25 picks or so but you have to register to get more than that, so Im not wasting any more time on it..

Interestingly enuf, he doesnt have the PSU linebacker, Pzuludski or whatever, in the top 25. I am sort of wondering about him myself..

dylbert
01-04-2007, 10:26 PM
After last night's Sugar Bowl, JaMarcus Russell zoomed past Brady Quinn as NFL quarterback prospect. Russell has arm strength, size, and big game experience playing top flight competition. Quinn confirmed he can't win the big game. Well, Fighting Irish recorded ninth straight bowl defeat. Smith is simply too short. Some team will take shot, but late first round to early second round.

Draft Pick Central --

Round One -- top five selection, JaMarcus Russell

Round One -- this year's Aaron Rodgers is Brady Quinn falls into 8-15 slot

Late Round One, Early Round Two -- Troy Smith, 30-35th selection

JustRalph
01-05-2007, 01:49 AM
On Espn today they did a nice long segment on how Notre Dame didn't deserve to be in a bowl game and they get "special treatment" Bob Davies, the ex-ND coach said that he thinks Charlie Weiss is on the hot seat in 07 and if he doesn't turn it around in one more year.........."there will be repurcussions" quite the diplomat huh?

RBrowning
01-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Someone mentioned The Putz....number one pet of pitchman Weekend At Bernies .

The Putz and Quinn are very similar...don't you think?

Hanging Chad and Broken Hart deserve mention in this group as well.

Smith isn't too short. It's funny he's not too short to star in big time college football. I'm not saying he's the best nor that he will be a big hit in the pros,but his size is not going to limit him.

Of course I know big QB's are automatic HOF enshrinees....like Ryan Leaf for example.

theyreatthepost
01-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Have been away for a bit so I apologize for posting on this one late, but find it hard to believe some of the things I am reading about the Irish. Should they have been in a BCS, absolutely not. That said, however, nobody draws any better than Notre Dame does so of course the BCS wants them. Now, it would not have mattered who the Sugar Bowl selected to play LSU this year but there is nothing wrong with bringing a few thousand ND fans to a city that needs an economic boost.

And anyone who says Charlie is on the hot seat if he doesn't turn things around in 2007, simply does not understand Notre Dame football or the mind set of the ND administration. Back-to-back 10 win seasons and two BCS bids in his first two years. All the administration wants is the big-money bowl games and Charlie has delivered that twice.

As someone who knows a lot about the inner working of ND football, I will say this, Charlie knows he needs to recruit speed and that is all he has been doing the last two years. He was not exactly left a lot of speed by Willingham. Weis should be judged on the fact he took an average team to consecutive BCS games, then be judged in two years when he has had three recruiting seasons.

The Irish will rank out to one of the top 5-8 teams for this recruiting class when signing day comes and goes.

www.theyreatthepost.com (http://www.theyreatthepost.com)