PDA

View Full Version : MORE wasted lives in Iraq?

46zilzal
01-03-2007, 07:53 PM
If the rutabaga thinks that MORE troops are to be wasted in this fiasco methinks he will be hit with a ground swell from the majority who voted last election day. This clown forgets he is there to represent the will of the people. He is NOT King.

The other clown of the past 40 years, Milhous, didn't know when to stop either.

luv_america
01-03-2007, 09:43 PM
If the clowns in the opposition and the major media let the military do its job right the first time, which meant harshly occupying the country and then building it back up we wouldn't be in this pickle. Its the spineless fools who don't undertsand the purpose of war and provoke the majority that have prolonged this war and have blood on their hands. Thank you for encouraging the enemy every chance you get. You are the true patriot.

46zilzal
01-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Follow Fearless Leader!

Snag
01-03-2007, 11:12 PM
46, do you really feel that majority voted against the war last Nov? Be very careful before you answer.

dylbert
01-03-2007, 11:13 PM
If the rutabaga thinks that MORE troops are to be wasted in this fiasco methinks he will be hit with a ground swell from the majority who voted last election day. This clown forgets he is there to represent the will of the people. He is NOT King.

The other clown of the past 40 years, Milhous, didn't know when to stop either.In historical context, LBJ escalated troops from 184,000 at end of 1965 to mere 537,000 by end of 1968. Also, killed in action increased from 172 per month in 1965 to 1200 per month in 1968.

As the most liberal person I ever encountered -- my 10th grade World History teacher (1971) asked -- "Did Oswald shoot the wrong man in Dallas?"

46zilzal
01-03-2007, 11:18 PM
BOTH Johnson and Nixon were accountable but the latter did not learn a thing from the failures of the former. Like the rutabaga, he kept on going when all factors told him differently.

46zilzal
01-03-2007, 11:20 PM
46, do you really feel that majority voted against the war last Nov? Be very careful before you answer.
the war and the ruabaga are one and the same and the people did not like either of them.

Snag
01-04-2007, 01:13 AM
the war and the ruabaga are one and the same and the people did not like either of them.

Once again you missed the point, made an improper comparison, and did not answer the question.

The question once more: do you really feel that majority voted against the war last Nov?

Just in case you didn't know, President Bush did not run in the election in Nov.

Secretariat
01-04-2007, 01:19 AM
Just in case you didn't know, President Bush did not run in the election in Nov.

But his policies did...ask a lot of losing Republicans. Just becasue GW was not on the ticket, the brunt of his failed policies were felt by incumbent Republicans.

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 01:29 AM
the good old vegetable rambles

Lefty
01-04-2007, 02:04 AM
46, it's not rambling, it's true. You Are the Rutabaga . no, too kind, you're just a stink cabbage. Completely useless.

betchatoo
01-04-2007, 07:39 AM
If the clowns in the opposition and the major media let the military do its job right the first time, which meant harshly occupying the country and then building it back up we wouldn't be in this pickle. Its the spineless fools who don't undertsand the purpose of war and provoke the majority that have prolonged this war and have blood on their hands. Thank you for encouraging the enemy every chance you get. You are the true patriot.

This is a crock of crap. We had a President with a majority Congress running this war and stepping all over any opposition. He and his advisers set the strategy and set the troop levels. He ran it poorly. Now you want to blame others for his incompetence.

hcap
01-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Thank you, bet.

Luv_, sometimes those that disagree are the patriots.

Purpose of war? Usually Dopelomacy by other means.
Most often years after wars have been waged, we find out many had been waged for other than reasons given.

So then the question is- why didn't bush tell congress and the rest of us back then when he received the partial authorization to catch da terrarists and to catch da WMD's before they was shipped off to Syria-about the evilness of the Koran and the imminent threat of "global caliphates"???

Waged for other reasons is a cosmic understatement.

PlanB
01-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Please everyone read Bob Herbert's OP ED column in todays NY Times. It's very powerful.

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Please everyone read Bob Herbert's OP ED column in todays NY Times. It's very powerful.

"There must be a leader somewhere who can shake the U.S. out of this tragic hypnotic state, who can see that it is beyond crazy to continue our involvement in this war indefinitely, to sacrifice another 1,000 young lives, and then another thousand after that," Herbert wrote. He called for others to find the "courage" to speak out, although his own paper's editorial page (and most others) has not yet clearly come out against the likely new "surge" in U.S. troops."

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 11:14 AM
more:

"All of the tortured, twisted rationales for this war — all of the fatuous intellectual pyrotechnics dreamed up to justify it — have vaporized, and we’re left with just the mad, mindless, meaningless and apparently endless slaughter.

"Shakespeare, in 'Henry VI,' said: 'Now thou art come unto a feast of death.' We should end our participation in the feast of death in Iraq. It is criminal to continue feeding our troops into the slaughter."

Lefty
01-04-2007, 11:26 AM
h'cap, you so called patriotic dissenters of the war have taken it weayyyy beyond criticism of the war. You guys have called Bush every name in the book and have compared him to Hitler many times. That's way beyond dissent.
If we leave Iraq, zilly, what will Iran do?

We are doing something in Iraq that's never been do\ne before and the leftwing cowards think it can be done in a few yrs with no muss or mess or loss of lives. Glad you guys were not around in WW11, I sure am.
When we went into this, Bush said it would take years. We are fighting religious zealots that want to kill everyone on the planet that doesn't agree with them. There's not one liberal onn this board or in the media that seems to get that. Sad, you guys think more of politics than this country.

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Being a lunatic is not going un-noticed.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/opinion/16301177.htm

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Have to make sure that the destiny of the New American Century comes to pass.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-neocons4jan04,0,779950.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Lefty
01-04-2007, 11:54 AM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/opinion/16301177.htm
Just opinion that doesn't count. Easy to say things that are contrary to GW. Any idiot can do it as is proven everyday.

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 11:55 AM
more lunacy recognized for what it is.
http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_4903609

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Just opinion that doesn't count. Easy to say things that are contrary to GW. Any idiot can do it as is proven everyday.
you are the embodiment of that old cliche about the woman watching her son march with the other soldiers. He is hopelessly out of step, but Momma refuses to see it and remarks: "Why are all those OTHER boys out of step?"

JPinMaryland
01-04-2007, 11:57 AM
When we went into this, Bush said it would take years. .....

Bush didnt say shit. ANd everyone else around him from administration people to media pundits said it was over before it began.

This link is more about admin. offiicials:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A44801-2003Mar28?language=printer

This link is more about media pundits:

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2842

Show Me the Wire
01-04-2007, 11:58 AM
more:

"All of the tortured, twisted rationales for this war — all of the fatuous intellectual pyrotechnics dreamed up to justify it — have vaporized, and we’re left with just the mad, mindless, meaningless and apparently endless slaughter.

"Shakespeare, in 'Henry VI,' said: 'Now thou art come unto a feast of death.' We should end our participation in the feast of death in Iraq. It is criminal to continue feeding our troops into the slaughter."

And the worse rational for supporting the word is to prevent political suicide, as Indulto pointed out about the two esteemed Senators from New York. Yes, it is a disgrace that these two senators allowed the endless slaughter of American young men and women, as well as, innocent Iraqi civilians, so these two senators could be re-elected or run for another prestigious office.

Where is your outrage against these two?

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 12:02 PM
even experienced military people have the same opinion.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1181629,00.html

"In 1971, the rock group The Who released the antiwar anthem Won't Get Fooled Again. To most in my generation, the song conveyed a sense of betrayal by the nation's leaders, who had led our country into a costly and unnecessary war in Vietnam. To those of us who were truly counterculture--who became career members of the military during those rough times--the song conveyed a very different message. To us, its lyrics evoked a feeling that we must never again stand by quietly while those ignorant of and casual about war lead us into another one and then mismanage the conduct of it. Never again, we thought, would our military's senior leaders remain silent as American troops were marched off to an ill-considered engagement. It's 35 years later, and the judgment is in: the Who had it wrong. We have been fooled again."

Show Me the Wire
01-04-2007, 12:06 PM
46zilzal:

You have not addressed my question to you about the two esteemed Senators from Ney York. Don't they deserve your wrath for building political careers on the deaths of innocents so as not to have committed political suicide?

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 12:07 PM
stupidity is recognized in international allies as well.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/pm-will-never-admit-iraq-mistake-greens/2006/12/23/1166290778866.html

Show Me the Wire
01-04-2007, 12:11 PM
46zilzal:

Ignoring an inconvenient truth does not make it disappear.

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 12:14 PM
46zilzal:

Ignoring an inconvenient truth does not make it disappear.
and what truth is that? There are very few in this war.

Show Me the Wire
01-04-2007, 12:19 PM
and what truth is that? There are very few in this war.

The rationale used by the two esteemed Senators from New York to support the war. What is worse a person supporting some action he knows is wrong, because he will benefit personally or a person who supports an action because he believes the action is correct?

46zilzal
01-04-2007, 12:21 PM
so Joe Blow or Dick Cheney support a war. It is still wrong and was since day one regardless of what side of the aisle you are on.

Show Me the Wire
01-04-2007, 12:26 PM
so Joe Blow or Dick Cheney support a war. It is still wrong and was since day one regardless of what side of the aisle you are on.

Then why are you not venting anger towards the two esteemed Senators from New York, as well, as they are just as wrong?

skate
01-04-2007, 05:03 PM
ok. problems solved, just for you girls.

seems since we lost only 3000 troops in Iraq and 10,000people from drowning during the same time period. our gal Nancy (san fran nan) puglosis is going to close down all swimming pools, just for the kids, mind you.

go get em nan

Suff
01-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Here are a handful of English speaking Iraqi's that are blogging from Iraq. These are the people that are stepping over the dead bodies. Some of them are Pro-US such as democracy in Iraq. Others are not. Like anything else, take them measuredly and cautiously, as they could be affiliated with anyone...Including America... But nonetheless.... No one knows whats going in Iraq if you listen to George Bush, Fox news, CNN, MSNBC. Bookmark these and check in on them, they go down alot because of electricity issues...

http://iraqi4ever.blogspot.com/

http://democracyiniraq.blogspot.com/

http://afreewriter.blogspot.com/

http://raedinthemiddle.blogspot.com/

http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

Suff
01-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Here's a good one. A young Female Iraqi Blogger from Mosul.

The sites good because it contains links to other active Iraq Bloggers on the right.

http://astarfrommosul.blogspot.com/

Tom
01-04-2007, 10:43 PM

The lies of the left - one day it was the war, the next it was the culture of corruption, the next it was stem cell research. Fact is, the dems DID NOT WIN, the repubs lost. the vote was not a mandate for anything, it was a message to those who failed to govern as conservatives. They opted mostly for "conservative" dems. The dems still have notning of any substance to offere as an alternative in Iraq. Winning it, obviousy, is not on thier agenda.

Tom
01-04-2007, 10:45 PM

You doing some soul-serching?
I agree with you 100% :lol:

JustRalph
01-05-2007, 01:44 AM
The lies of the left - one day it was the war, the next it was the culture of corruption, the next it was stem cell research. Fact is, the dems DID NOT WIN, the repubs lost. the vote was not a mandate for anything, it was a message to those who failed to govern as conservatives. They opted mostly for "conservative" dems. The dems still have notning of any substance to offere as an alternative in Iraq. Winning it, obviousy, is not on thier agenda.

exactly............. :jump:

PaceAdvantage
01-05-2007, 02:47 AM
Bush didnt say shit.

Of course he did...many times....I heard it with my own ears. In more than one address to the nation which preemted many a fine prime-time television program. I guess you missed those speeches. You only tuned in for the mission accomplished act.

46zilzal
01-05-2007, 11:20 AM
yes but about the wrong conflict:
In 1999, George W. Bush criticized President Clinton for not setting a timetable for exiting Kosovo, and yet he refuses to apply the same standard to his war.

George W. Bush, 4/9/99:

“Victory means exit strategy, and it’s important for the president to explain to us what the exit strategy is.”

And on the specific need for a timetable, here’s what Bush said then and what he says now:

George W. Bush, 6/5/99

“I think it’s also important for the president to lay out a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be withdrawn.”

[article originally ran in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer on 6/5/99]

YET about this waste of time George W. Bush, 6/24/05:

“It doesn’t make any sense to have a timetable. You know, if you give a timetable, you’re — you’re conceding too much to the enemy.”

luv_america
01-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Big difference in scope and mission between Kosovo and Iraq, wouldn't you think?

I know PA wasn't around back then, but were you calling Clinton a vegatable when he put the US Miltary in harms way in Kosovo? Did you protest that agressive war, and suggest that Clinton was "arrogant", or "dumb"? Did you suggest that Clinton was just "wagging the dog"?

I'm just wondering.

P.S. - I don't expect an intellegent answer, just one of your half-sentence useless statements.

Lefty
01-05-2007, 11:39 AM
JP, you're wrong, bub. Bush DID say it would take years.
46, and I guess you totally discount the consequences if we pull out of Iraq.
Weird, that our brave troops have the guts for this fight, but we at home do not. Well, we better grow some big ones cause the terrorists are never gonna let this fight end. Thaey are after us and to ignore it is to put your head in the sand.

Secretariat
01-05-2007, 01:43 PM
...You only tuned in for the mission accomplished act.

In case anyone missed it.

Snag
01-05-2007, 02:03 PM
yes but about the wrong conflict:
In 1999, George W. Bush criticized President Clinton for not setting a timetable for exiting Kosovo, and yet he refuses to apply the same standard to his war.

George W. Bush, 4/9/99:

“Victory means exit strategy, and it’s important for the president to explain to us what the exit strategy is.”

And on the specific need for a timetable, here’s what Bush said then and what he says now:

George W. Bush, 6/5/99

“I think it’s also important for the president to lay out a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be withdrawn.”

[article originally ran in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer on 6/5/99]

YET about this waste of time George W. Bush, 6/24/05:

“It doesn’t make any sense to have a timetable. You know, if you give a timetable, you’re — you’re conceding too much to the enemy.”

46, since you are so quick to post quotes and partical truths, you may want to review why President Bush was asking those questions. Clinton was putting our troops into Kosovo under the command of the UN. Part of the "agreement" we made with the UN was for us to be there for a limited time. Clinton would not and did not give us the details.

By the way, I don't think Kosovo was Clintons war as you stated. Were we not in Kosovo as some type of peace keeper?

46zilzal
01-05-2007, 02:11 PM
By the way, I don't think Kosovo was Clintons war as you stated. Were we not in Kosovo as some type of peace keeper?
strange, now wars BELONG to someone??

Snag
01-05-2007, 02:36 PM

I'm sure glad those are your words!

Lefty
01-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I think the same thing when you go on about GW adinfinitum. It's our war and we damn well better win it.

46zilzal
01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
it's a bull shit war that is going NO WHERE and throwing in more troops won't change things.

Lefty
01-05-2007, 07:38 PM
it's a bull shit war that is going NO WHERE and throwing in more troops won't change things.
Well, if you're right, we're doomed. This won't end unless Iraq is under control. If we lose Iraq; many more 9'11's to come. I do take solace in the fact that you're just a hater and rarely right.

Tom
01-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Lefty, I fear we are doomed then.
The only thing send in more troops will do is have more troops there with their hands tied. We are not fighting a war in Iraq and haven't in a long time. More troops will do nothing.
Our problem is not with our troops - it is with the handcuffs Washington is putting on them. Bush needs to get out of theway - he is the road block to victory.

DaveP
01-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Our problem is not with our troops - it is with the handcuffs Washington is putting on them. Bush needs to get out of theway - he is the road block to victory.
.. and what are they going to do? Fight who?

Tom
01-05-2007, 08:25 PM
You need to read more.

DaveP
01-06-2007, 04:42 PM
I dont think it would be possible ..

Tom
01-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Don't give up---try Hooked on Phonics. :lol:

JustRalph
01-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Don't give up---try Hooked on Phonics. :lol:

books on tape?

46zilzal
01-06-2007, 08:48 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061228/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_more_troops

Tom
01-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Not their call. They lost.

Lefty
01-06-2007, 10:08 PM
As I understand it, these troops are going to help train Iraquis. That's a great idea. And that recent panel that everyone urged GW to listen to: wasn't more troops one of their ideas?