PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious race at GLD

turfeyejoe
01-02-2007, 06:40 PM
One of the news accounts about the banned jockeys pinpointed the race under suspicion occurring last August at GLD. The track was only open for 18 days that month. The pools are so small at GLD that I figure it must involve a payoff that was unusually LOW rather than high. There are no pick 4's or pick 6's at GLD, so I believe it must involve a superfecta. I went back through the charts, focusing on races in which the winner paid 10-1 or higher and at least 3 of the banned jocks were involved. I found only one race that looks a bit fishy.
In race 8 on Aug. 15, Jose Delgado (one of the banned jocks) won by 5 on a 21-1 shot. Judice was second at 3-1 and Houghton 4th on the 7-5 fave.
The trifecta paid $1,111 but the super paid only $60 more at $1,170.
There was another race that month in which the super payoff was listed at $27,000 ... but when you check the pool there was only $3,000 bet on the super, so the $1 listed payoff was actually hit for a dime. That can't be the race.
I'd be interested to hear if anyone (especially DELTA) thinks the Aug. 8 race might be the race under investigation.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

ryesteve
01-02-2007, 07:01 PM
In race 8 on Aug. 15, Jose Delgado (one of the banned jocks) won by 5 on a 21-1 shot.
I'd be looking for races where all the banned jocks missed the board, not where one won at big odds.

BIG49010
01-02-2007, 08:18 PM
I was told by someone with a horse in the race they are looking at that Houghton ran 4th on the favorite, their horse. Sounds like you are on the right race.

PriceAnProbability
01-02-2007, 08:20 PM
What's next, no Santa?

Buddha
01-02-2007, 11:25 PM
I was told that the investigation could have been years old. So we might not necessarily be looking at one this past meet. Who knows. Until something is officially mentioned, it will all be speculation. I have been told there are other jocks under investigation at other tracks as well, so who knows.