PDA

View Full Version : Kwanza? Anybody?

JustRalph
01-02-2007, 01:51 PM
http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

Ann tells us about Kwanza........interesting stuff I wasn't aware of........ Kwanza was started by the FBI ?

kenwoodallpromos
01-02-2007, 02:40 PM
I heard it was started by the post office to sell more stamps!

DJofSD
01-02-2007, 02:49 PM
A belated Christmas present for you JR! (https://marketplace.yaf.org/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2&CFID=122734&CFTOKEN=74939893&gclid=CN2In4HAwokCFQLYYgodtigxIQ)

luv_america
01-02-2007, 03:01 PM
This year's stamp is pretty.

http://shop.usps.com/wcsstore/PostalStore/upload/images/200x200_569140.jpg

bigmack
01-02-2007, 03:19 PM
I know little of Kwanzaa though would like to know what Coulter was doing before they took the shot that she uses for her column

http://www.anncoulter.com/images/photo.jpg

Secretariat
01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Interesting read. Also interesting is she lists nowhere in the article evidence to back up her allegation that Karenga was receiving funds from the FBI.

She also mentions the seven principles of Kwanzaa but failsto say what they are except tying them to the Symbionese Liberation Front.

Well. Here are the seven principles of Kwanzaa:

Seven Principles, of Kwanzaa. (Nguzo Saba is Kiswahili for "Seven Principles")

These principles are unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity, and faith. These are the foundation of Kwanzaa.

Wow...Pretty scary stuff Anne. :bang: :bang: :bang:

JustRalph
01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
A belated Christmas present for you JR! (https://marketplace.yaf.org/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2&CFID=122734&CFTOKEN=74939893&gclid=CN2In4HAwokCFQLYYgodtigxIQ)

not for me.......... way too thin............

DJofSD
01-02-2007, 04:44 PM
You know, JR, you could be the right God fearing man she's looking for then after a gaggle of kids, she'll be perfect!

luv_america
01-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Sec,

Most of that list sounds harmless except........

Does "collective work and responsibility and cooperative economics" sound Marxist? I don't think you will ever hear a conservative talk in those terms. Millions have died in this century while countries have fought their own peoples to achieve "collective work and responsibility and cooperative economics".

JustMissed
01-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Interesting read. Also interesting is she lists nowhere in the article evidence to back up her allegation that Karenga was receiving funds from the FBI.

She also mentions the seven principles of Kwanzaa but failsto say what they are except tying them to the Symbionese Liberation Front.

Well. Here are the seven principles of Kwanzaa:

Seven Principles, of Kwanzaa. (Nguzo Saba is Kiswahili for "Seven Principles")

These principles are unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity, and faith. These are the foundation of Kwanzaa.

Wow...Pretty scary stuff Anne. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Secretary,

Instead of starting a holiday that excludes 90% of Americans, do you think black folk would be better served to try to blend into American society instead of coming up with ways to further separate themselves?

JM

46zilzal
01-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Coulter has a hard time with the truth.
http://cjr.org/issues/2002/6/slander-scherer.asp

got the axe here too:http://www.nationalreview.com/nr_comment/nr_comment100301.shtml

A quote from a review of her book Godless: the Church of Liberalism.
"While Coulter promotes intelligent design, she crudely resurrects the lie that there is no proof of evolution in the fossil record. She claims there are no fossils showing one species changing into another species. It is as if scientists now have to find what would be tantamount to a fossilized digital movie revealing one species morphing into another species. This is the old creationist trick of putting forward an un-testable idea and saying, “Show me.”

Tom
01-02-2007, 07:09 PM
not for me.......... way too thin............

OK, Ralph, take your pick......this says it all! :lol:

http://www.davidstuff.com/opinion/them-us.htm

The Judge
01-02-2007, 08:11 PM
This was in all the papers and on T.V when those shooting happened in L.A it was national news. So Ann is more right then wrong this time.

Ronald Ellis (Ron Karenga) has been rumored to have received 3 million dollars from the United States Post Office for the stamp idea. This is just a rumor I don't know. He may have some legal claim to word or concept of "Kawanzaa" as he did make it up out of thin air.

How did he know there were suppose to be two aa's at the end?

Secretariat
01-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Sec,

Most of that list sounds harmless except........

Does "collective work and responsibility and cooperative economics" sound Marxist?

Are you serious or just pulling my leg here?

If Kwanzaa is an FBI invention as Annie asserts, then are you saying that the FBI is pushing Marxist principles?

:lol:

Look, it's a harmless holiday that celebrates the African American experience. Whether you're white or purple, you're welcome to participate in it or not. If you go to a Kwanzaa celebration I doubt anybody will tell you to get out because you're white.

Lighten up a bit.

Tom
01-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Are you serious or just pulling my leg here?

If Kwanzaa is an FBI invention as Annie asserts, then are you saying that the FBI is pushing Marxist principles?

:lol:

Look, it's a harmless holiday that celebrates the African American experience. Whether you're white or purple, you're welcome to participate in it or not. If you go to a Kwanzaa celebration I doubt anybody will tell you to get out because you're white.

Lighten up a bit.

Yeah, right, and a Klan rally is really just for toasting marshmallows.
What If I started a holiday and called it WHITE Christmas. :lol:

Secretariat
01-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, right, and a Klan rally is really just for toasting marshmallows.
What If I started a holiday and called it WHITE Christmas. :lol:

Are you comparing a Klan rally with a Kwanzaa celebration? If you are, this illustrates how little you know about Kwanzaa and the Klan. IF you aren't, then I apolgize.

The Judge
01-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Not Ron Ellis

Tom
01-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Are you comparing a Klan rally with a Kwanzaa celebration? If you are, this illustrates how little you know about Kwanzaa and the Klan. IF you aren't, then I apolgize.

You said: Lighten up a bit.

I said: .....:lol:

JustRalph
01-01-2009, 05:17 PM
found this online..........just a reminder of Kwanzaa

Professor Maulana Karenga, founder of Kwanzaa, as an African-American activist who intends to promote cultural tools to enrich the lives of African-Americans is simply not the truth. Karenga explained in his 1977 Kwanzaa: Origin, Concepts, Practice, as "Kwanzaa is not an imitation, but an alternative, in fact, an oppositional alternative to the spookism, mysticism and non-earth based practices which plague us as a people..." Karenga, whose real name is Ron N. Everett, is a founder of United Slaves. He has described himself as a "cultural nationalist" who wants a separate black state. On January 17, 1969 two of Karenga's group, George P. Stiner and Larry Joseph Stiner shot and killed two Black Panthers, John Huggins, 23 and Alprentice "Bunchy" Carter, 26 in a hallway on the UCLA campus. On May 9, 1970 Karenga initiated the torture session that led to his imprisonment. Deborah Jones and Gail Davis, two females in his group, United Slaves, were beaten with an electrical cord and a hot soldering iron was put in their mouths and against their faces. Their toes were placed in a small vise, which then was then tightened. His accomplices put detergent in their mouths and turned a water hose full force on their faces, while Karenga, holding a gun, threatened to shoot both of them (L.A. Times on May 14, 1971.) Karenga was convicted of two counts of felonious assault and one count of false imprisonment. He was sentenced on Sept. 17, 1971 to serve one to ten years in prison. Karenga's group grew and performed assaults and robberies always following the law laid down in The Quotable Karenga, a book that laid out the "True Path of Blackness." "The sevenfold path of blackness is think black, talk black, act black, create black, buy black, vote black, and live black." After being released from prison in 1975, he remade himself as Maulana Ron Karenga, converted to Marxism, went into academics, and by 1979 was running the Black Studies Department at California State University in Long Beach . The seven "principles" of Kwanzaa praise collectivism in every possible arena of life. When Karenga was asked to distinguish Kawaida, the philosophy underlying Kwanzaa, from "classical Marxism," he essentially explained that under Kawaida, we also hate whites. The Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA) was the murdering, bank robbing group that became famous for kidnapping Patricia Hearst. In a 1974 photograph she posed next to the SLA banner containing a seven-headed cobra. Each snake head stood for one of the S.L.A.'s revolutionary principles: Umoja, Kujichagulia, Ujima, Ujamaa, Nia, Kuumba and Imani the same seven "principles" of Kwanzaa.

Shemp Howard
01-01-2009, 05:24 PM
I just finished reading the paper. Looks like Kwanza is breaking out all over Africa.:ThmbDown:

098poi
01-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Here's Patty (or Tania)