PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is THE DAY

karlskorner
01-02-2007, 10:31 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/81586.html

Be There

cj
01-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I think I'll pass. I'd probably pass if I was in Florida as well, and head to Tampa instead. Where is the opening day stakes race? Racing has sure went downhill at Gulfstream since Stronach took over.

Suff
01-02-2007, 12:26 PM
A couple of Notable works Yesterday

No Biz Like Sho Biz worked 4f in 49.5 at Gulfstream

ran fractions of 12.82 seconds, 24.34, and 37.06, and galloped out five furlongs in 1:03.47.

Invasor works 49.61 on Belmont training track.

Both are scheduled for February 3rd at Gulfstream.

No Biz in the Holy Bull, and Invasor in the Donn.

Side...with 100 articles on the opening of Gulfstream, why post one that requires registration , while not including a <snip>

Ron
01-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Side...with 100 articles on the opening of Gulfstream, why post one that requires registration , while not including a <snip>

I would think everyone here is registered at DRF.

46zilzal
01-02-2007, 04:50 PM
nope

cj
01-02-2007, 05:15 PM

You have obviously missed some threads. ;)

Drew
01-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I would rather mop the floors at a peep show than go to Gulfstream...

Milleruszk
01-02-2007, 08:15 PM
I would rather mop the floors at a peep show than go to Gulfstream...

That's exactly how some of the guys here feel about registering with DRF! ;)

BIG49010
01-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Should be a great meet, I hear that the barns are packed to the rafters, for the bigger purses. I was suprised they had 90 horses on opening day after Calder ran 12 a day for the last 2 weeks.

I hope those SR's keep pulling those levers, so we can have big purses and good full fields of racing in the winter in Florida.:ThmbUp:

Figman
01-02-2007, 08:32 PM
None of the six OTB Corps in New York have a Gulfstream Park contract.
So............no GP in NY unless you bet with a NY track or an illegal bookmaker.

Loosehorse
01-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Don't forget your sunscreen if you plan on sitting in the new grandstand.
(Or umbrella)

dylbert
01-02-2007, 09:21 PM
I know more leftist types here may have misinterpreted DRF.com as DRAFT.com. Just because it has three common letters, it is not veiled attempt by US Government to conscript you.

Tom
01-02-2007, 09:31 PM
That looks like the grandstand our local high school threw away!
Someone would be expected to pay an admission and then sit on that????

Loosehorse
01-02-2007, 09:36 PM
No they are not charging admission. And I think the cheap seats are free.
But the "good" seats in the covered GS are $3 weekdays, $7 on Sunday,
$10 on Saturday.
Oh because they are getting more slots that will go where the poker room was, they are getting a tent for the poker room. I think it will be north of the new grandstand.

Snow Chief
01-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Those seats are a disgrace. Didn't Gulfstream used to be a major league track? The opening day card stinks. The new track configuration has also ruined the stakes program and the wider turf course has done nothing for the quality of the turf racing. They are running a a 30000 N2L on the grass opening day and no stake either. pathetic

cj
01-03-2007, 10:29 AM
You guys forget. Karl only needs the bare necessities, he is usually gone by the 3rd race every day.

the little guy
01-03-2007, 10:59 AM
None of the six OTB Corps in New York have a Gulfstream Park contract.
So............no GP in NY unless you bet with a NY track or an illegal bookmaker.

NYRA is taking Gulfstream.

bigmack
01-04-2007, 02:23 AM
I get a kick out of the fact that if you go to Equidaily http://www.equidaily.com/

They have a link to the picture of the bleachers @ GS and the link comes right back here to the shot Loosehorse posted :D

cj
01-04-2007, 04:42 AM
They look like the stands at a six man football game in the Texas wilderness.

rrbauer
01-05-2007, 09:43 AM
That looks like the grandstand our local high school threw away!
Someone would be expected to pay an admission and then sit on that????

But the deal is that it's portable. That means as the slots palace continues to expand they can just move the grandstand farther up the track....a lot cheaper than tearing down and rebuilding. They will soon be charging admission to use slot machines that are located on the finish line (only on race days of course).

You think I'm kidding, don't you?

point given
01-05-2007, 11:05 AM
But the deal is that it's portable. That means as the slots palace continues to expand they can just move the grandstand farther up the track....a lot cheaper than tearing down and rebuilding. They will soon be charging admission to use slot machines that are located on the finish line (only on race days of course).

I'd like to see Frankie and the Pres. and VP of racing have a meeting in the new grandstand or the paddock seats around 2-3Pm and see how the sweat rolls off them and watch the poor horses bake in their stalls without cover overhead. Then they can fire off a PR statement on how "horse racing is our number one business, and we cater to our customers and the horsemen".

Tom
01-05-2007, 06:07 PM

Pretty soon, it will be setting at Penn National! :lol: