PDA

View Full Version : Questions Re Web Cam Set Up

trying2win
01-01-2007, 08:34 PM
I bought a web cam a few months ago, and was using it now and then till my computer crashed a little over a week ago. I've pretty well got all my programs up and running again on the computer, except the web cam.

I can't remember how I set it up in the first place, because I must have recycled the cardboard or page that the set up instructions were written on. So...that being the case, I'm wondering:

1. Do web cams typically come in a package of hard plastic and cardboard complete with an installation disk?

or

2. Does the web cam package usually come with no installation disk and has instructions on how to set it up in the CONTROL PANEL, using the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS section for adding hardware?

3. Then, if I can get the web cam going, can someone tell me how to get a photo of something with the 'snapshot' feature of the web cam? I've used that 'snapshot' function before, but it's been awhile and I can't remember the steps to take, on how to use that feature.

--I've done some Google searching for web cam set up help, but nothing has helped very much so far.

Thanks,

Trying2win

rrbauer
01-04-2007, 04:26 PM
I have a Logitech Quick Cam and it has a setup cd.

trying2win
01-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Richard,

Thanks for the tip. When I phoned up the dealer after awhile, from where I bought my NEXXTECH web cam, he said something similar...i.e. the web cam I bought would have had a installation cd come with the package. Trouble is I don't remember what I did with this cd, if indeed it came with the package.

T2W

bigmack
01-04-2007, 04:56 PM
The CD install for the Logitech Cams become outdated quickly

Go here: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/categories/US/EN,CRID=1794
and download the driver for you particular cam. Even if you've installed from the CD it's a good idea to go and get the 'latest' driver.

BillW
01-04-2007, 04:59 PM
TTW,

Ask them if you can borrow/have a replacement disk. If they do any PC configuration on site at all they surely have one laying around.

If that fails, look at the mfgrs. web site and contact their customer service. You can't be the first one to have a problem like this.

Bill