PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoff chase: anything can happen!

dav4463
12-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Has anyone ever been luckier to get in the playoffs than the Kansas City Chiefs? They came into today needing a win over Jacksonville. They also needed New England to win at Tennessee, Pittsburgh to win at Cincinnati, and lowly San Francisco to win in Denver. It all happened ! Chiefs won a wild one 35-30 and two of the other three games went to overtime! They were hanging on by a thread after all those teams also lost last week! Chiefs were charmed this year and are capable of upsetting the Colts since the Colt defense is none too good.

dav4463
01-01-2007, 12:27 AM
I meant to post this under the sports section.

boomman
01-01-2007, 12:29 AM
As a longtime KC Chiefs fan (I grew up in Kansas City) I am absolutely shocked that they got in!! It didn't hit me until about 12 minutes to go in the Denver game that the Chiefs would get in if SF held on. SF didn't hold on of course, but got a field goal in OT to win, this after the Bungles missed a chip shot FG @ the end of regulation to subsequently lose in OT to the Steelers. And I believe with the powerhouse KC running game and a vastly improved secondary, that they do have a solid chance against Indy next week...In fact, with that run defense, I would imagine that Indy would be the choice of KC if they "had their druthers" of who to play...Too bad the game can't be at Arrowhead though!! Oh well, can't have EVRYTHING!!! LOL!!! Happy New Year all, I certainly got a miracle gift to start off the New Year right! Boom:ThmbUp:

JustRalph
01-01-2007, 12:56 AM
Things are not well in Bengal land..............

kenwoodallpromos
01-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Good luck to your team; overall I pick home team straight up in plyoffs.

boomman
01-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks kenwood! They'll need all the luck they can get, especially having to win 3 straight road games to go to the big dance (and we all know the Chiefs aren't the best of road teams)...I seriously doubt that will happen, but anything is possible (re: Pitt last year) and I certainly do think the Chiefs have a solid chance against Indy...and don't forget one of San Diego's 2 losses was to KC......Happy New Year! :)

Boom

boomman
01-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Just saw where Broncos starting cornerback Darrent Williams killed in drive by shooting this am-senseless death 24 years old...Boom

Broncos cornerback killed in drive-by shooting
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2716385 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2716385)

BIG RED
01-02-2007, 04:10 AM
Thanks kenwood! They'll need all the luck they can get, especially having to win 3 straight road games to go to the big dance (and we all know the Chiefs aren't the best of road teams)...I seriously doubt that will happen, but anything is possible (re: Pitt last year) and I certainly do think the Chiefs have a solid chance against Indy...and don't forget one of San Diego's 2 losses was to KC......Happy New Year! :)

Boom

That's how we felt when the Patriots went the whole route the 1st time.

It can happen.

kenwoodallpromos
01-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Can someone list the inconsistent QBs with their playoff teams? Thanks!